Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Master Fan

Superstars of Dance #1: It's country vs. country in the biggest dance competition of them all!

Superstars of Dance
Mondays @ 8 on NBC

Mondays, beginning January 5 through January 19 (8-10 p.m. ET);

Premieres Sunday, January 4 (9-11 p.m. ET)

"Superstars of Dance," hosted by Michael Flatley ("Lord of the Dance"), is a breathtaking
international dance competition led by executive producers Nigel Lythgoe and Simon Fuller,
two of the masterminds behind "American Idol" and "So You Think You Can Dance." The
unique series will pit the masters of various dance genres from eight countries against each
other. Equal parts sporting event, rock concert and artistic exhibition, "Superstars of Dance"
is poised to become one the greatest spectacles of dance performance ever seen on television.

Eight countries will participate in the competition with each team comprised of two soloists,
one duo and one larger group. Viewers will get to know the competitors and the coaches
through the trials and tribulations, both behind the scenes and on the stage. The stakes are
high for these artists, as they are not only representing themselves, but also their dance
form and their entire nation.

The eight countries currently scheduled to participate include: Ireland, India, USA, Argentina,
China, Russia, South Africa and Australia.

"Superstars of Dance" is from 19 Entertainment. Nigel Lythgoe ("American Idol," "So You Think
You Can Dance") and Simon Fuller ("American Idol," "So You Think You Can Dance") are
the executive producers.

official site

I'm so excited for this show!

Last edited by blonde bombshell; 01-08-2009 at 01:21 PM
Old 01-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Total Fan

I was really happy to see Anya Garnis and Pasha Kovalev dancing for Russia, though I kind of wish their routine was a little more like their SYTYCD audition. I'm pretty disappointed with the dancers representing the US, but the show is pretty cool.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm gonna be honest here, I was bored to tears last night watching this. I just thought it was sooo boring. My mom actually turned it off.

The only good part was Pasha & Anya - and their routine wasn't even that good.

I won't be watching tonight, since it's opposite Jon & Kate plus 8, so I hope that they don't dance again.

meg | tumblr
Old 01-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Master Fan

I liked it but I recorded it and then put it on fast forward and skipped through the boring stuff.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

See if I did that I would have ended up fastforwarding through the entire show. Cause even the dances didn't interest me.

Did you watch last night? I didn't and I have no idea which country was eliminated.

meg | tumblr
Old 01-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy eyes (View Post)
See if I did that I would have ended up fastforwarding through the entire show. Cause even the dances didn't interest me.

Did you watch last night? I didn't and I have no idea which country was eliminated.
no I haven't but it's recorded and I might watch it later tonight. I'll let you know once I watch.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

So the eliminations are for each category.

Group: Russia and Argentina were eliminated.
Duets: China and India were eliminated. China's duet was fantastically difficult (we're talking arabesques en pointe on top of a guy's shoulder and he's not hanging on to her. ) But it didn't have a whole lot of dance element to it.

Soloists: there were 8 eliminated but I can't remember who all were eliminated. :/

The USA group and the Russian ballerina soloist were amazing.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, thanks Michaela! SO Pasha & Anya are still in? Good. And that means the USA duet is still in too. Good, good.

I wonder if the USA group dance will be on YT cause I do wanna see that.

meg | tumblr
Old 01-10-2009, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

The USA dance group was outstanding and I say this because it's true. I had my mouth on the floor when they were doing that routine it was amazing.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 01-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Master Fan

yeah it was so good! I can't wait to see them do more because that was the highlight of the show
Old 01-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm surprised that it was so good, I'm not gonna lie. I don't believe USA has ever been 'the dance' country. Unless that's just in my twisted head.

meg | tumblr
Old 01-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Master Fan

here's the video

USA Group Dance

gives me a twitchington flashback.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ Oh I miss my Twitchington more so Twitch but they were the stand outs for me last year.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 01-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Groovaloos were on Ellen today! They rocked. They did a freestyle & part of their dance from this show. So awesome.

And I recognized the guy who was shot and I remember that story, I totally think he auditioned for SYTYCD.

It gave me a Twitchington flashback too! I kept picturing their orange jail outfits.

meg | tumblr
Old 01-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Master Fan

Well, I don't know if any of them auditioned for SYTYCD. But the group did a guest performance on one of the results shows during season one.