Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-06-2004, 08:41 PM
Master Fan

Bachelor's Bob Gets married

I got this from People.com

It's official: He's single no more.

Bob Guiney, the former Bachelor who stopped short of proposing to Estella Gardinier on the ABC reality show's finale last fall, finally took the plunge, marrying All My Children star Rebecca Budig in a surprise ceremony on Saturday at his family's vacation cabin in Long Lake, Mich.

The wedding was a casual affair. "They were married outdoors by the lake," Budig's mother, Mary, tells PEOPLE. "It was low-key – just family and friends."

The event began at 11:30 a.m. in front of some 50 guests. Rebecca wore a two-piece dress made of white cotton with light blue trim and appliqued flowers that had been designed by a pal of hers.

During the 20-minute ceremony, the bride and groom exchanged vows they had written. "I know the word obey wasn't in (them)," Mary Budig says. "It brought some tears to our eyes."

Afterward, everyone ate BBQ chicken and ribs, potato salad and tossed greens – then hit the beach for some jet skiing.

Guiney, 33, had proposed to Budig, 30, in May after a five-month relationship, with a 2-carat ring he helped design. "She happened to need an accessory for the (Daytime) Emmys the next day, and I happened to have the perfect accessory," he told PEOPLE at the time.

The pair first met in January 2003, while taping a segment for Bachelor XYZ, a recap of the reality series for ABC Family hosted by Budig. Guiney had just been passed over by Trista Rehn on The Bachelorette. "He was funny, witty, wonderful, but I didn't think anything of it because I had a boyfriend," Budig told PEOPLE. The couple began dating that November, after Guiney and Gardinier split, and Budig also found herself single.

As for the fears about returning to the altar that kept the divorced Guiney from proposing to Gardinier on The Bachelor, he said he had no hesitation with Budig: "I wanted her to feel how committed I am to our relationship. We just have an absolute blast together. We are best friends on top of everything else."

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 07-06-2004, 09:50 PM
Master Fan

I can't believe she actually married him. She could do so much better.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

what a dissapointment. Guess hes 15mins of fame will be prolonged longer now.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:21 AM
Extreme Fan

I knew they were engaged, but still surprised that they actually got married.

"I'm Raggedy Ann in a Barbie Doll world!"

*Thanks Tina for the Icon*
(Click on Barbie Doll to see her awesome work)
Old 07-08-2004, 11:29 AM
Loyal Fan

It happened really fast! She seemed GENUINELY happy...I mean just beaming and glowing in interviews and in a tabloid program I saw where she was surprised with a wedding shower (Susan Lucci was there).

I have my doubts about him but I wish her the best.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:02 PM
Total Fan

*shudders*

I can't believe they actually went through with it. She could do SO much better :\
Old 07-13-2004, 01:41 AM
Absolute Fan

So are they divorced yet?

"What is love if cops don't come? I'm sorry, if you've never broken into my house or threatened my pets, you don't love me." --Storm Large
Old 07-15-2004, 05:16 PM
Elite Fan

O. My. God. I had no idea that she was doing so badly Poor poor Greenlee (I know it's Rebecca, but comeon - I'd choose a different name if I married him )
Old 08-19-2004, 08:40 PM
Total Fan

Man and he wasted all that time making out with all those hot girls in the hottub....
Old 08-23-2004, 03:50 AM
Passionate Fan

and after all that time on the show, he doesnt even marry one of the contestants