Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

America's Best Dance Crew: General

America's Best Dance Crew

Lock the doors and bar the windows, because Randy Jackson Presents: America's Best Dance Crew is back! The stage for this epic competition was set with two previous seasons that showed off some of the most amazing, intricate and off-the-wall moves anyone has ever seen. But as the saying goes, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Nine of the most-talented dance crews have been selected to go head-to- head, putting all they've got on the floor as they compete for the title of America's Best Dance Crew. With everything on the line, these crews know they must do their best to impress the judges and you - - because only one can walk away a winner.

Host Mario Lopez, backstage correspondent Layla Kayleigh and our expert panel of judges -- singers JC Chasez and Lil Mama and choreographer Shane Sparks -- return for a third season of America's Best Dance Crew, ready to critique each week's heart-stopping, jaw-dropping performances.

For the first season, JabbaWockeeZ wowed the crowd week after week with their synchronized moves and signature masks, nabbing the coveted title of America's Best Dance Crew and a $100,000 cash prize. The second time around, it was Super Cr3w who took the crown and all of the ABDC glory. Who will have the stuff to survive this time around?

Will it be Los Angeles' Beat Freaks or San Juan's G.O.P.? Tallahassee, Florida's Strikers or L.A.'s Quest? Miami's Fly Khicks or Brooklyn's Maineventt? Fullerton, California's Team Millennia or San Diego's Boxcuttuhz? Or will Springfield, Alabama's Dynamic Edition stand head- and-shoulders above the rest? Only time -- and your votes -- will tell.

These incredibly talented and insanely hungry dance crews will krump, grind, clog, step and in every way shape and form showcase their fancy footwork for the opportunity of a lifetime. The competition is fierce and the stakes are high as the crews battle it out onstage for dance supremacy. Each week they'll step up to the challenge and show off their skills, and each week one crew will be eliminated until America's Best Dance Crew is prevails and is unveiled during a live finale event that you will not want to miss!

After each week's competition ends on MTV, the experience continues on MTV.com. Cast your votes, then come back for continuing coverage that includes rehearsal updates, injury reports and exclusive backstage interviews. Plus, you can submit your own dance videos, which just might be shown on-air, and chat with other fans about which crews are hot and which ones are not.

After we count all the votes, the two weakest crews must battle it out on the dance floor in order to get the chance to advance to the next round. In the end, only one dance crew will be left standing to be proclaimed far and wide as America's Best Dance Crew.

official site!

http://www.fanforum.com/f114/america...10/index7.html (season 1 thread)

meg | tumblr

Last edited by Alexa; 08-28-2012 at 12:57 AM
Old 01-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Master Fan

awesome

Old 01-17-2009, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've never watched this show before but I caught it last night! I thought Quest was the best, and I'm not being biased cause I love Dominic (or DTrix lol) & Hok from SYTYCD. I really did think they were the best.

And the cloggers were terrific as well, I love them.

meg | tumblr
Old 01-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

I had no clue that it had started, but I'm recording a repeat tonight so I'm happy about that because there is NOTHING on tv today without football

That being said, I'm happy to hear that Dominic and Hok are on it! I'm glad to hear that you thought they were the best because that will just make it even easier to root for them

and there's cloggers?
Old 01-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Supreme Fan

I think I am biased because I love Dom and Hok from SYTYCD, I thought they did good, but they can do better.

I also like the 2 all girl groups, the steppers from FAMU and the ringmasters.

It is going to be a tough season,there are a lot of good crews. There is no stand out favorite like the Jabba's from season 1 or super crew from season 2 (They were my favorite last season) or even fanny pack. we shall see how it goes.

I am glad with the group that got kicked off, I won't say who it is just in case, but they deserved to go... lame!
Old 01-17-2009, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes! There's cloggers. Do you remember that really, really good boy clogger - I believe his name is Brandon? - that audition for SYTYCD? And I believe he might have performed on the finale or something too. Well he's in the group. I actually think he might be the leader. It made me really happy to see him.

I was glad that the group that left, left too. I thought they were the weakest crew out of the bunch. At first I was ready for the fly girls to go but there last chance routine was awesomeee.

meg | tumblr
Old 01-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

Loved the cloggers! Oooh that's him! I didn't even put two and two together, I loved that they added that aspect in there. Tap is my favorite, and although I don't do clogging, I love to watch it.

The Fly girls last chance thing was amazingly great.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm very happy that there are cloggers too, it's awesome.

I might just keep up with it this season. I'll just continue catching repeats.

meg | tumblr
Old 01-18-2009, 10:58 PM
Master Fan

omg I love Quest!
theyre my fav right now
Old 01-19-2009, 12:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Abraxas (View Post)
omg I love Quest!
theyre my fav right now
mine too

BTW, I think it's hilarious how they refer to Dominic as "D-Trix."

He will forever be Dominic in my eyes.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blonde bombshell (View Post)

Word! I was like 'WTF, who?!' when Lil' Mama referred to him as D-Trix at first. Took me a while to figure out that was Dominic. Pssh.

Basically, I love Quest for Dom and Hok. And then the other crew members that also auditioned for SYTYCD but never advanced.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:23 PM
Master Fan

Lil Mama annoys me, shes so bias sometimes
especially how all the judges were such asses to
Boogie Bots from the Missy Elliot challenge last year,
the way they treated them was unnecessary, and they
even made Missy act like a total d-bag to the poor
crew, idk she annoys me
Old 01-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by blonde bombshell (View Post)

LOLLLLL, that killed me. When I heard Hok refer to him as that I started cracking up so much. He'll always be Dominic to me too.

And I have nothing nice to say about Lil Mama so I won't say anything at all.

meg | tumblr
Old 01-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was so excited to see Dominic & Hok on there. I'm definitely rooting for them

icon: tumblr |B
Old 01-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy eyes (View Post)
And I have nothing nice to say about Lil Mama so I won't say anything at all.
same here.