Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Amazing Race 14 #1: It's time for a trip around the world again!

The Amazing Race 14

THE TEAMS;;

Amanda and Kris

This young couple who met more than three years ago hopes to spend the rest of their lives together, but before taking their relationship to the next level they are looking forward to sharing this experience together. Their favorite shared memory is falling in love with each other over bonfires at the beach accompanied by wine and s’mores. They plan on creating many more memories together on the Race and are hoping to fall in love all over again.

Cara and Jaime

Cara and Jaime met four years ago while trying out for the Miami Dolphins cheerleading squad. The two made an instant connection and have been friends ever since. Cara is planning to attend law school and Jaime is a former police officer.

Jennifer and Preston

Jennifer and Preston have been dating for nearly two years. In some ways, they have similar personalities but, for the most part, they couldn’t be more different. Preston is a laid back guy that is used to sticking to a routine, while Jennifer hates planning and enjoys spontaneity. One of the qualities they share is that they are both very strong minded individuals and, as a team, they hope to bring out the best in each other and solidify their relationship.

Linda and Steve

This husband and wife team met when Steven went with a date to Linda’s house for a party. Linda asked her brother to keep his date occupied while she asked Steven out. They have been together ever since and married for 17 years. They both have children from previous marriages, but treat all of them as their very own.

Mark and Michael

This Team of brothers has been competing – against everyone else and each other – their entire life. Standing at 4’ 9” these married fathers are ready to prove they have what it takes to win one-million dollars.

Tammy and Victor

If they can manage to work together, this smart and sassy brother/sister duo – both with Harvard Law degrees – might have just what it takes to outsmart the competition and cross the finish line first.

Mel and Mike

[IMG]Mike and Mel had a pretty typical family life until Mike was 11 years old, which is when Mel told the family that he was gay. Mel and Mike’s mother remained married until Mike and his sister, Erinn, went to college. Mel is now married to his life partner of 27 years, Gary Nixon.[/IMG]

Margie and Luke

This mother/son team is determined to show the world that nothing can stop them from living out their dreams. They enjoy hiking and traveling together and share a strong bond. Luke has been deaf since birth and Margie became his link to the hearing world. He uses American Sign Language to communicate.

LaKisha and Jennifer

These two former Division 1 College athletes look forward to becoming the first ever all female Team to win the Race. Besides athleticism, these sisters have little in common.

Christie and Jodi

These two savvy flight attendants met while working on a Southwest Airlines flight six years ago where they made an instant connection. Both admit to being extremely competitive and determined to win.

Brad and Victoria

Married for nine years, Brad and Victoria may not always see eye-to-eye, but they do make a dynamic team. They both have children from previous marriages, this is Victoria’s third and Brad’s second. Both endearingly concede that they are “stuck with each other.”

TAR 14 airs Sundays at 8pm EST on CBS
official site!

meg | tumblr
Old 02-15-2009, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Was just flipping through my guide and found out this premieres tonight. I think this cast looks pretty promising, I'm excited.

meg | tumblr
Old 02-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm so excited!! Hope it's a good season!
Old 02-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I will give you a guess, one of them is my friends in it.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Totally did not know a new season was upon us! I liked the mom and deaf son.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 02-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

^Awwwwww, you do. That's nice!
Old 02-15-2009, 09:33 PM
Master Fan

Great start to the new season! One of the best premiere episodes

That cheese task had me laughing my head off but the part that made me lose it completely was when Luke sort of lost his balance, and pretty much had to start running down the hill. I thought for a split second that he might actually do it...and then..........SPLAT!

Great, great episode. And Phil was beyond awesome.

So glad this show is back.

"If I hadn't gone into acting, I would be a horsetrainer or a tunnel digger...or a swan"

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
Old 02-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Master Fan

Yay! I'm so glad Amazing Race is back and this episode was actually really awesome.I liked last season but I started to get a (tiny) bit bored since I didn't really like any of the teams left at a certain point but I already think this season will be awesome.

The cheese task was HILARIOUS! I was laughing my head off.I just couldn't stop.I felt so bad for them but somehow it was the funniest thing to watch.

I really like the deaf son and mother.I was skeptical when I heard the idea but they have such an amazing relationship.It's really wonderful.

Also,I kind of have to like Mel and Mike because he was Jack Black's friend in School of Rock! Ah!

And oh Steven and Linda. *sigh* Steve actually seems like a pretty smart guy but oh Linda...I wonder how long they will stay in.
thinking maybe you'll get it back and then you realize it's just gone.
banner: Brittany
Old 02-16-2009, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I agree with most of your posts, some parts are so hilarious.. I had to laugh about that.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

the cheese task was probably one of my favorite task they have EVER HAD TO DO! it was hilarious.

i REALLY love luke and margie <3 and the stunt double brothers!
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
Old 02-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Addicted Fan

The cheese task made me I felt so bad but I could not stop laughing.

I thought this was a great premiere and I like the teams for the most part. And I like the hillbillies. I felt bad when the husband kept yelling at his wife.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Out of all these seasons the cheese task just might be in my top 5 of favorite tasks ever. Seriously. It was hysterical.

I really like most of these teams, I feel like this is going to be a good season.

meg | tumblr
Old 02-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think it got off to a great start. I do not have a fav team yet, but I do like several couples so far. I am looking forward to a great season.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

my fav so far is luke & margie <33333 they are just so awesome!

&& thankfully i don't hate anyone yet! i thought i was going to hate the hillbilly couple for the way the husband was treating the wife, but they were smart during that cheese task, which is one of the top 5 tasks, EVER. im still laughing when i think about it.
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
Old 02-19-2009, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Same here. Seriously, that as a genius idea. It was completely hysterical to see them going down that hill.

meg | tumblr