Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

18 Kids and Counting [Tuesdays at 9pm on TLC]

17 18 Kids and Counting

It's official: The Duggars are a true pop culture phenomenon. With their regular appearances on national talk shows, their countless press clippings and their enormous online following, this 19-member family from Arkansas has all of America talking. However, while millions of people know of the Duggars, few are familiar with the individual personalities and unique experiences that make the family who they are.

Audiences will get the definitive view into this one-of-a-kind world on Monday, September 29, at 10 and 10:30 PM (ET/PT) when TLC presents the all-new series, 17 KIDS AND COUNTING.

The patriarch and matriarch of this large—and still growing—group are former high school sweethearts, Jim Bob and Michelle. With values rooted in their strong personal faith, Jim Bob and Michelle firmly believe that every child is a gift to be cherished. After more than 20 years of marriage, the couple has received 17 gifts—ten boys, seven girls—with number 18 on the way. With only two sets of twins among the 17 children, Michelle has been pregnant for nearly 12 years of her life. Another vital piece of Duggar trivia is that each child’s name begins with a “J”—Joshua, Jana, John-David, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, Jeremiah, Jedidiah, Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah and baby Jennifer.

The Duggar Family has had 4 previous specials airing on TLC and Discovery Health: "14 Children & Pregnant Again", "Raising 16 Children", "On the road with 16 Children", & "The Duggar Family Album."

Official TLC Site
; Official Duggar Family Site ; Josh & Anna's Official Site

meg | tumblr

Last edited by stormy eyes; 01-27-2009 at 07:13 AM
Old 09-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Joshua Duggar, the oldest at 20, married Anna Keller on 9/26/08 - so it was just a few days ago. They got engaged in June.

...I just found that out when I was gathering stuff for this OP. I thought I'd share.

I love this family & have watched every special of theirs every time it's on. I'm very excited for this series and will definitely be watching tonight.

meg | tumblr

Last edited by stormy eyes; 09-29-2008 at 04:42 PM
Old 09-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Master Fan

If I can make it long enough to stay awake, I will DEFINITELY be watching this one!
Old 09-30-2008, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Did you watch it? I did last night and I'm so glad, it's a really great & cute show. There were two episodes on last night both centering around them in NY.

I really love how involved (obv.) and ...kiddish the parents seem - especially Jim Bob. It's so cute.

meg | tumblr
Old 10-01-2008, 06:24 AM
Master Fan

I watched part of it.
I love how they are still so excited about announcing their 18th pregnancy. It's refreshing!
Old 10-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Master Fan

I watched it...I used to think the kids were weird but they have proven me wrong
Sam Swarek Andy McNally
Old 10-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not going to lie, I thought like that too for a little bit. Like after the first special I saw of them I believe. I'm made at myself now for thinking like that since I can really see that they are just genuinely sweet people. They may dress differently then me & have different values but they're good people. I really hate how I used to think of them.

meg | tumblr
Old 10-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Master Fan

I had preconceived ideas of them, and thought that they were weird churchy Amish like people. I guess I was really wrong.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Seems like a lot of us thought like that.

meg | tumblr
Old 10-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Did anybody watch this last night? I was kinda surprised at some of the things we saw. Like the fact that Josh & Anna never kissed before their wedding day and how all the kids are planning on doing that. I give them a ton of credit, I didn't think people did that anymore honestly. I was pretty surprised when I saw that.

I also felt really awkward watching the episodes. I don't even know if I could explain it. It just felt awkward, like they were so awkward. But I have issues watching stuff like that sometimes so it's probably me. LOL.

meg | tumblr
Old 10-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Master Fan

What religion are they?

Mormon?

ETA: Nevermind, they're Baptist.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by melizabeth032 (View Post)
Did anybody watch this last night? I was kinda surprised at some of the things we saw. Like the fact that Josh & Anna never kissed before their wedding day and how all the kids are planning on doing that. I give them a ton of credit, I didn't think people did that anymore honestly. I was pretty surprised when I saw that.

I also felt really awkward watching the episodes. I don't even know if I could explain it. It just felt awkward, like they were so awkward. But I have issues watching stuff like that sometimes so it's probably me. LOL.
I just feel awkward because unlike Jon and Kate, I feel like I am prying into their lives, because they are SO different.
I can't believe Joshua and Anna never kissed because they are saving it for their wedding day. I know I couldn't survive without kissing. I don't think I would want to spend the rest of my life with someone who devours my face while he kisses me. It's an important thing
Old 10-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Master Fan

yes that would be weird.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Same here! I feel like prying too because, just like you said, it's so different from the rest of us.

I agree, that would be hella weird. And annoying.

meg | tumblr
Old 01-02-2009, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey

I've been watching their show for a while and wow, that's a big family

I only visited their website for the first time tonight

Quote:
Welcoming Jordyn-Grace Makiya Duggar to the Family

We are so grateful to God to announce that our 18th child was born on December 18, 2008 at 1:40PM!
Congratulations to them all