Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2016, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah.

Thanks for the video.
Old 04-17-2016, 05:38 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastainღ (View Post)
Elektra just gives no fcks and I love it. In a world where women constantly feel the need to apologize for expressing opinions, and pretend they're not independent just so they won't threaten the poor, fragile male egos around them, Elektra and her confidence is really a breath of fresh air.
Agreed! One of the many things I love about her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
HA this is awesome!

This part also KILLED me:

HrqHAbJJbKw

Matt: Then why didn't you come back?
Elektra: Because you don't know what I know. Because you deserve better.

Ooh, one of my favorite scenes, definitely. That one line and the way Elektra looked at him throughout the scene added a lot more depth to their relationship. It was clear then that this wasn't your typical love-hate dynamic, that they were now motivated by love more than anything else.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:35 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Ooh, one of my favorite scenes, definitely. That one line and the way Elektra looked at him throughout the scene added a lot more depth to their relationship. It was clear then that this wasn't your typical love-hate dynamic, that they were now motivated by love more than anything else.
So true. I was probably a mess during Matt's speech in the end before they battled the ninjas/Nobu. That was really such a powerful scene between them. And imo, I think they handled Elektra's story/characterization on the show really well.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree about how they handled Elektra.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Elektra on the show took me by surprise because she's way more cold blooded in the comics. I think Elodie gave her layers you don't really see in the comics, which I'm now thankful for, because it makes Elektra a much deeper character.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:08 AM
Moderator Manager

Ana, your icon!!!!!

I can't wait to see what happens in S3 between them even though I know it's gonna hurt.

Old 04-20-2016, 03:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just changed it, Linds (you're rubbing off on me ) but yeah

Matt's in for a huge surprise with Elektra coming back from the dead.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like your icon.

I change me quite often, but I like to keep the current one for a while.

Yes, I can't see Matt's reaction when he realises that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastainღ (View Post)
Elektra on the show took me by surprise because she's way more cold blooded in the comics. I think Elodie gave her layers you don't really see in the comics, which I'm now thankful for, because it makes Elektra a much deeper character.
I haven't really read the comics, so I don't know much about the comic version of Elektra, but I do like what we got in the programme.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:24 PM
Absolute Fan

Yeah, I love that Elektra's humanity and weakness was important to Elodie and I think you see that in the writing as well...i.e Elektra not being able to kill Matt even after she told him she'd kill him if he got in her way, her helping Matt find Karen and the other hostages, her sacrificing herself for the greater good (and Matt) at the end. I know some people didn't like her being killed. I wasn't thrilled about it either but the writers gave her a lot more agency in that moment than the comics ever did.

I mentioned this before but here's what the showrunners had to say about Matt/Elektra:

Quote:
As soon as Elektra arrives, she throws a huge wrench in Matt's already unstable life. Why is he willing to put so much on the line for her?

Petrie: When you're dealing with icons it's so much fun, especially in the writers' room and on set with the actors, because everyone has their own interpretations of the icon and everybody's interpretation is very personal and very revealing. I think the fascination in these two characters is that when Matt Murdock looks at Elektra Natchios, everyone else sees a sociopath—literally someone who has no heart or empathy or capability for true love—and Matt sees this glimmer of a soul inside of her and he loves that soul.

On her end of it, she's got this guy who makes her feel things she doesn't want to feel, who makes her feel vulnerable in a way she doesn't want to feel vulnerable, who makes her feel emotions and love and all these things she keeps buried deep down so she can survive a cruel life. And she loves him for it and she hates him for it and he never gives up on her. So that's about as doomed a romance as I can think of, and that's why it's fun to watch these two do their dance.
x

I loved that because I think it does sum up a lot of what we saw with them on the show this season and what we can expect when they are together onscreen again.

Last edited by scorpio_chick; 04-20-2016 at 01:32 PM
Old 04-21-2016, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the quote.

I do agree with you and it's great to hear that she was given more agency in the series.

I also wasn't too happy that they killed her off, although I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with her being resurrected.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:33 PM
Moderator Manager

UGH. That was perfect and M/E in a nutshell really. Thanks so much for posting that.

Old 04-23-2016, 11:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think the fascination in these two characters is that when Matt Murdock looks at Elektra Natchios, everyone else sees a sociopath—literally someone who has no heart or empathy or capability for true love—and Matt sees this glimmer of a soul inside of her and he loves that soul.

One of my favorite moments in S2 is when she says she saw a light in him in college that she tried to snuff out, and she's so glad she failed. It really speaks volumes on who Elektra really is at that point.
Old 04-24-2016, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved that moment, especially when she said she was glad that she failed to snuff out the light in him.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

x

Contrasts.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Great gifs.