Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2016, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

D A R E D E V I L ♢ Episode Discussion {2x03}: New York's finest

2x03: New York's finest

Trapped face-to-face with the Punisher, Daredevil wrestles with the morality of
vigilante justice. Meanwhile, Foggy and Karen work to save the firm.

Basic rules:

► No bashing whatsoever. Keep the discussion civil, and respect other people's opinions.
► No spoilers from the comic books in this thread, unless it's under spoiler tags.

Last edited by Musidora; 03-18-2016 at 04:39 AM
Old 03-17-2016, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So exciting
Old 03-18-2016, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Again I had plans to sleep but IT KEEPS GETTING BETTER.

Literally can't with everyone being so fcking awesome. Foggy has been all kinds of amazing and he seriously kicked major ass this time with his speech at the hospital. Which brings me to my queen of everything wonderful, CLAIRE. I've missed you so <3 Being flawless, as usual, and I loved how impressed she was by Foggy, their interactions were definitely a highlight for me. Then there was my bb Karen being all detective-y and getting sht done, bless her light.

Now, Matt and Frank, that was a show of their own.

I must confess I was slightly annoyed by Daredevil's preachy talk about hope and redemption because c'mon man, some people are just sht. There's no such a thing as everyone deserving a second chance IMO. But then again, DD's faith is one of the great things about him so I can't judge him for being honest to his beliefs. However, I totally get Frank's hardened views and honestly, it's not like he's getting rid of people who'd make a good difference in the world. It's hard not to empathize with his crusade tbh. The dialogue was on point, with all those great lines we got on the previews and a couple of extra ones. Charlie and Jon have insane chemistry and played each other off really well the entire time.

And last but not least, that ending has got to be one of longest fight scenes I have ever seen in my entire life, I thought it was never going to end. I loved how it was shot, and Daredevil sure as fck proved Frank he didn't have to "grow wings" to get away from those guys, while kicking all of their asses in the process.

AMAZING episode, my favorite so far.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:53 PM
Elite Fan

I was a bit underwhelmed by the first 2 eps (save for the Punisher/Matt scenes) but it really picks up on this one, will watch more later, either today or tomorrow

and yes Punisher made some good points, even if his measures are a tad extreme, some people deserve to die

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:11 AM
Master Fan

Love the "bonding" between Matt and The Punisher
Glad to have Claire back
three épisodes in and still zero Elektra,
epic fight scene at the end, well done
Old 03-19-2016, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Foggy was amazing in the hospital with the speech.

It was great seeing Claire and I hope we get more of her.

The fight scene at the end was brilliant.

I understand Frank's point of view, but I do think that giving a person a second chance is important. Some people are completely nonredeemable, but not everyone who does something terrible should be written off.

I'm really enjoying Season Two.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:26 AM
Moderator Manager

I don't know why the DA is so interested in Grotto's case.

Damn, Frank is stitching himself up. So hardcore. But then given his background, he's capable of doing that.

Foggy is in the hospital which only means one thing...CLAIRE (and Rosario was in the opening credits so that's a giveaway, LOL)!

Not really sure why Grotto was so mad cause the way I see it, only Nelson & Murdock can help him. But he was played spectacularly by the DA so he is mad.

LOL at Matt making small talk with Fr---HOLY that ammo! I mean what civilian owns those things, they're HUGE! I kind of feel spoiled that obviously Frank is not gonna die and his time on DD might be brief cause the spinoff is happening.

Frank: "Cause we soldiers, we don't wear masks. We don't get that privilege."
Also, Frank calls DD, Red.

Also, this entire Matt/Frank convo is making me side SO much with Frank. I mean, I see his point, he wants to get the job done. But at the same time, it also clouds his vision and the way he should avenge his loved ones. Matt, you don't get to scoff at everyone's sad past life and say that we all have a sad sob story. He should be more understanding, imo, especially since he too has had a sad family background.

I love Foggy for going to Claire to ask about Matt. Sadly, yes I don't think Matt & Claire have seen each other lately. And she mentioned (without saying his name) Luke Cage to Foggy!

Whew, I thought Frank was gonna kill the old man. He had his gun against the door. At this point, I wanna say that Charlie & Jon nailed their scene together. I love that there's actual talk and that we actually get to see how different their views are in regards to how they want their revenge and how they see life. Very important scene actually.

LOL, Karen playing like a god damn lawyer with garbage for that man from the DA. This is what I love about Karen. She was like this in S1 finding out the truth about why she was framed and she won't stop at nothing until she gets what she looks for. But looks like the guy did help her out anyway.

DAMN FOGGY! "I think you've got more mug shots than baby pictures." Those 2 goons got LAWYERED!

OMG, did Frank plaster a gun into DD's hand? HOLY CRAP, Frank's got Grotto. UGH. This is what he gets for not staying with Karen & Foggy. Goodness gracious, so that's what that huge ass ammo can do. But okay, DD did shoot the gun but it has no ammunition. This hallway fight scene with the Dogs of Hell is very similar to the hallway fight scene in S1E2 so it's PRETTY DAMN GOOD. It's longer too plus DD has a chain and a gun tied to one of his hand just to make the fighting more difficult for him.

Show ends with Karen looking at a skull x-ray that is going to inspire Frank. Overall a very good ep. I think my favorites are Foggy's scene, Karen confronting the DA, DD/Frank talk and the fight scene in the end. Just wow. 3 eps in and I'm liking S2 and is already shaping up to be better than S1. Still no Elektra.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-22-2016, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Whoa great intro!

The Matt/Frank scenes were bomb. I love Jon . I almost sided more with Frank...

It was cool seeing Claire again! And Foggy and Karen are really coming into their own this season and making me care about them. It took a long time for me to warm up to them.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm kinda torn between Matt and Frank. I understand why he's killing, but I get Matt wanting to give people a second chance.

I also love that Frank calls Matt Red. I think it's quite cute actually.
Old 03-24-2016, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion_princess (View Post)
I also love that Frank calls Matt Red. I think it's quite cute actually.
It's totally their thing now.