Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-13-2015, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SachaS44 (View Post)
Ughhh that play pissed me off so much. It definitely cost the Mets the game.

But yes, the Cubs are now 1-1 and so are the Mets. My other team I'm rooting for is 2-1, so I'm excited for that series.

How have you been? I've been a little busy but there is no work for me tomorrow since it's a holiday. Woohoo.

Then I'm getting my remaining two wisdom teeth pulled on Tuesday. It's time for them to go. I've been in pain for about 10 days now.
it was so dirty!! Is that even allowed (no understanding of baseball rules but surely it's obvious he was aiming for the player and it should be a foul?)

Which is the other team you are rooting for? (how does it even work btw - like if the cubs and mets win since they are in the same league do they then face each other and whoever wins faces the team that won from the other league? - seriously it's so confusing to me )

the cubs and the mets are now both up 2-1 right?

I've been great. fed up with studying but I still have another year to go so I need to get used to that

ugh wisom teeth are the worse!!
Old 10-13-2015, 07:05 PM
Master Fan

Had my wisdom teeth pulled and I've been in pain all day. Even had to go back because it wouldn't stop bleeding. I'll explain the game tomorrow. Just really tired right now.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Had my wisdom teeth pulled and I've been in pain all day. Even had to go back because it wouldn't stop bleeding. I'll explain the game tomorrow. Just really tired right now.
Oh wow sorry to hear you are in pain hope it gets better

now worries. It's no big deal I'm just curious cos it's so weird to me. Cubs won though. Mets have to go to a 5th game though. hope they make it.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:50 PM
Master Fan

So this is basically how baseball works.

There are two leagues, American and National. In each league there are three divisions, Eastern, Central and West. In each division there are five teams. Throughout the season, teams play 162 games. At the end of the season, each team that is at the top of their division with the best record goes on to the post season. The two teams with the best records in the league after the division leaders go to the post season as the wild card teams. The two wild card teams play one game to determine who moves on. So, when the real post season starts (though that one game is considered part of the post season), there are four teams from each league. The first series is called the Division Series and is a five game series (need to win 3 games). There are two series in each league. This year it was Cardinals vs Cubs and Dodgers vs Mets in the National League and Royals vs Astros and Rangers vs Blue Jays in the American League. The winners of each series in the respective league go on to play each other in the Championship Series. There's the American League Championship Series and the National League Championship Series. This is a seven game series (need to win 4 games). The winner of each of the series then go on to play in the World Series. One team from the American League and one team from the National League. It's a seven game series (need to win 4 games). The winner of course is then the World Series Champions.

So as you mentioned, the Cubs won their series yesterday, so now they need to wait for the Mets/Dodgers matchup to finish to find out who they are going to face. They are 2-2, so whoever wins game 5 wins the series. We will find out tomorrow when they play.

In the American League, both matchups are 2-2 and they both play today, so we will find out who is moving on tonight.

For me it's tough since my team has been eliminated, so I'm just rooting for the team that I think deserves to win it all. I am currently rooting for the Mets to win it all but I would not mind seeing the Cubs or Astros winning it all. If the Mets win the next game, then yes it's going to be Mets vs Cubs and I am going to be so torn that I don't think I can root for one of the two. I'll just hope for the best.

As far as my wisdom teeth, today all I really feel is soreness, so it isn't too bad. This time I was in more pain than I was last year when I had the other two pulled. This one wouldn't stop bleeding and I had to go back to the oral surgeon and have her stitch it up more.
Old 10-15-2015, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
So this is basically how baseball works.

There are two leagues, American and National. In each league there are three divisions, Eastern, Central and West. In each division there are five teams. Throughout the season, teams play 162 games. At the end of the season, each team that is at the top of their division with the best record goes on to the post season. The two teams with the best records in the league after the division leaders go to the post season as the wild card teams. The two wild card teams play one game to determine who moves on. So, when the real post season starts (though that one game is considered part of the post season), there are four teams from each league. The first series is called the Division Series and is a five game series (need to win 3 games). There are two series in each league. This year it was Cardinals vs Cubs and Dodgers vs Mets in the National League and Royals vs Astros and Rangers vs Blue Jays in the American League. The winners of each series in the respective league go on to play each other in the Championship Series. There's the American League Championship Series and the National League Championship Series. This is a seven game series (need to win 4 games). The winner of each of the series then go on to play in the World Series. One team from the American League and one team from the National League. It's a seven game series (need to win 4 games). The winner of course is then the World Series Champions.

So as you mentioned, the Cubs won their series yesterday, so now they need to wait for the Mets/Dodgers matchup to finish to find out who they are going to face. They are 2-2, so whoever wins game 5 wins the series. We will find out tomorrow when they play.

In the American League, both matchups are 2-2 and they both play today, so we will find out who is moving on tonight.

For me it's tough since my team has been eliminated, so I'm just rooting for the team that I think deserves to win it all. I am currently rooting for the Mets to win it all but I would not mind seeing the Cubs or Astros winning it all. If the Mets win the next game, then yes it's going to be Mets vs Cubs and I am going to be so torn that I don't think I can root for one of the two. I'll just hope for the best.

As far as my wisdom teeth, today all I really feel is soreness, so it isn't too bad. This time I was in more pain than I was last year when I had the other two pulled. This one wouldn't stop bleeding and I had to go back to the oral surgeon and have her stitch it up more.
Oh wow it all makes sense now! I never understood how the post season stuff worked. Thanks so much for the explanation! (I mean I still don't understand why there are 3 divisions but at least now I understand how all the games work cos it was always so confusing to me. Especially there being series of various different matches between the same teams was always hard for me to get. But I think I get how all of it works now!)
Yeah if the the mets make it through it'll be hard cos I like both of them. But I think I'll root for the cubs. 107 years is long enough

I guess soreness isn't so bad. Still sucks though. Hope it passes soon! The whole bleeding thing sounds awful. I'd probably freak! I am super afraid of taking my wisdom teeth out even though they are a constant bother. Stupid useless teeth. Why couldn't I just not have any like my dad

eta - how do they get to 162 games? with their being 5 teams in each division shouldn't it be a multiple of 5? or are the series of games there as well?
Old 10-15-2015, 08:33 PM
Master Fan

So the Mets just won, so it will be the Mets and Cubs in the National League Championship Series. This is going to be such a good series and hard to choose who I want to win.

The teams don't just play other teams in their division. They play all of the teams in their league and even play certain teams in the other league. They may play one team 18 times and another team 6 times but whoever creates the schedule makes it so that each team plays 162 games. No idea why it's that certain number.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:12 AM
Master Fan

Yeah I saw the Mets had won. So happy. It makes it hard to root in the next game but I really wanted the Dodgers to lose after that dirty play in one of the earlier games.

wow so it's variable the number of times they play each team. Interesting. I guess it's still a bit confusing to me then but thanks for explaning.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:25 PM
Master Fan

Went to see the Goosebumps movie today. It was cute and funny. I'm sure kids that aren't scared of monsters would enjoy it.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:00 AM
Master Fan

I don't think it's out here yet. I may check it out when it gets here.
Old 10-18-2015, 07:35 PM
Master Fan

I've had such a boring day today. Don't want to say I'm excited to go to work tomorrow, but at least it will give me something to do.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:29 AM
Loyal Fan

I've not been around much but again my health has taken a turn for the worse and now I have meds to take for the next 4 months and I also just found out last night from my doctor that I now have pernicious anaemia, I also have to get injections for the next two weeks... It sucks right now but I also got a PS4 on the 13th and a free game with it and yesterday I got GTA 5 and transferred my stats from my PS3 over to the PS4..
Old 10-21-2015, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

I'm sorry to hear about your health. Hoping you get better soon. Sucks that you have had so many health issues.
Old 10-21-2015, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Taylor (View Post)
I've not been around much but again my health has taken a turn for the worse and now I have meds to take for the next 4 months and I also just found out last night from my doctor that I now have pernicious anaemia, I also have to get injections for the next two weeks... It sucks right now but I also got a PS4 on the 13th and a free game with it and yesterday I got GTA 5 and transferred my stats from my PS3 over to the PS4..
I'm so sorry to hear about that. Hope you get better.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlgreenie (View Post)
I'm so sorry to hear about that. Hope you get better.
The injections are Cobalin-H for B12 and low blood, I start my injections later today and also get my flu jag and also another blood test,...
Old 10-22-2015, 09:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Taylor (View Post)
The injections are Cobalin-H for B12 and low blood, I start my injections later today and also get my flu jag and also another blood test,...
Yeah makes sense cos of the anemia. But you should get better as soon as your vit B12 levels get up and that fixes the anemia! I really think you'll feel better soon

BTW -going on a spur of the moment two day trip to hamburg with a friend. I'm not sure we'll be able to access the internet (only via like wifi with phones and for some reason my phone hates ff) so I may not post until sunday night. I'll try and come online but just a heads up if you don't see me