Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2006, 11:01 PM
New Fan

Xander the Annoying One (Unappreciation Thread)

Hm..

*Do you find XANDER annoying?*
*Have you constantly wondered why he wasn't killed off?*
*Did you find 90% of his jokes annoying?*
*Do you feel that he was one of the MOST annoying characters on BTVS?*
*Do you feel that he was a HUGE hypocrite*

If you answered yes to any of the above, then you've came to the right place.

Personally I have found Xander to be one of the most annoying hypocritical people on a show period. Who cares if he's part of the scooby gang, he sucks!

Don't worry I have evidence of HOW STUPID, and selfish he is.

XANDER: And almost sixty-five percent of that was actual compliment. Is that a personal best?
XANDER: I will teach... (with a French accent) zee Language of Love!

Let's not forget Buffy Season 2...

BUFFY: The curse. This is it.

WILLOW: Looks like Ms. Calendar was trying to replicate the original curse. To restore Angel's soul again.

GILES: She said it couldn't be done.

BUFFY: Well, she tried anyway. And it looks like it might have worked.

XANDER: So he killed her... before she could tell anyone about it. What a prince, huh?

XANDER: Hi! For those of you who have just tuned in, everyone here is a crazy person. So this spell might restore Angel's humanity? Well, here's an interesting angle. (harshly) Who cares?

GILES: Curing Angel seems to have been Jenny's last wish.

XANDER: Yeah? Well, Jenny's dead

well there's tons more..but anyways bring on the HATE.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Xander was a self-righteous self-indulgent slob idiot. He should have been killed off in The Harvest instead of Jesse.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:27 PM
New Fan

Thank you..he was such an ungrateful slob..especially what he did to CORDY..by kissing willow.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:05 PM
Master Fan

Looks around......Willow was sorta to blame for that too. Like I don't know.....maybe 50%?

As for what he did to Cordy, ya, that wasn't cool. They were the best ship on the whole show. It sucked big time that it ended like that.

BUFFY: The curse. This is it.

WILLOW: Looks like Ms. Calendar was trying to replicate the original curse. To restore Angel's soul again.

GILES: She said it couldn't be done.

BUFFY: Well, she tried anyway. And it looks like it might have worked.

XANDER: So he killed her... before she could tell anyone about it. What a prince, huh?

XANDER: Hi! For those of you who have just tuned in, everyone here is a crazy person. So this spell might restore Angel's humanity? Well, here's an interesting angle. (harshly) Who cares?

GILES: Curing Angel seems to have been Jenny's last wish.

XANDER: Yeah? Well, Jenny's dead

And wow, Angel was the one who KILLED Jenny. Anyone miss this little tidbit?

Looks around....Hmm....at least 15% of that little rant was actual anti-Xander. A personaly best.

): )
Old 05-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ugh Xander. I never liked that guy from day one.

Why you ask?

In no particular order:

His massive hypocrisy in condemning Buffy for dating first Angel, then Spike while he dated Anya a completely unrepentant ex-demon.

His maltreatment of the women in his life. (i.e. cheating on Cordelia, constantly putting down Anya - she may have been evil but that doesn't make Xander's ongoing verbal abuse any better, AFAIC).

The way he attached himself to Buffy, and acted jealous of her boyfriends despite the fact that they were never a romantic couple. I don't find Xander hanging around years after high school ended loyal, it comes across as borderling stalking.

His pity-party in S7 when he complained about not having superpowers and whined about how unfair it was that all his friends had them. This on a show that constantly showed the downside of superpowers (i.e. constant danger, crushing responsibilities, isolation from the rest of the world).

He wasn't funny. All his so-called jokes were thinly veiled barbs. He was a nasty piece of work who constantly insulted people in an oblique way because he didn't have the balls to confront them openly.

Last but not least: Xander's obnoxious speech to Buffy in S5 when he basically called her a turd for being angry with Riley over the vampire hooker thing and telling her that "Riley is the best thing that ever happened to you". Really Xander? A guy who 1) has serious issues with Buffy's strength; 2) whined that Buffy didn't pay enough attention to him when she was dealing with a sick mother, needy sister, various vamps and demons, a full college course load and a deranged hell god trying to destroy the world; and 3) engaged in unsavory quasi-sexual behavior with vampires was the best thing that happened to Buffy? I don't think so.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Gah, I hated him. And pretty much for all the reasons already stated.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laira
I don't find Xander hanging around years after high school ended loyal, it comes across as borderling stalking.
! Yeah.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Xander really annoyed me at times, he was a waste of space most of the time.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:15 PM
New Fan

Xander didn't want her WITH anyone..

I didn't say the kiss was ALL Xander's fault..sure Willow played a role..DUH!
Old 05-21-2006, 08:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Xander - the bitchy groupie. Good riddance, I hope you lose the other eye!
Old 05-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Most of the time, I was okay with Xander. But I don't think I ever hated a character more than I hated him in the late stages of S6 - between Hell's Bells and Seeing Red. I honestly wanted to see him killed.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
*Do you find XANDER annoying?*
*Have you constantly wondered why he wasn't killed off?*
*Did you find 90% of his jokes annoying?*
*Do you feel that he was one of the MOST annoying characters on BTVS?*
*Do you feel that he was a HUGE hypocrite*
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes

I hated Xander, well maybe I didn't hate him, but yes I found him SO annoying. His crush on Buffy was childish and stupid, his treatment of Willow was terrible because it was SO obvious she had a crush on him and I hated what he did to Cordelia when he cheated on her with Willow. And then there was the whole Faith thing.

I liked him with Cordy and that was it, after that and before that I couldn't stand him. He was the weakest character on the show, I'm baffled as to why they never killed him.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:31 PM
New Fan

I'm baffled at how he had a huge fan base. 90% of the time watching the dvds I skip any scene revolving around him.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Buffy should have staked Xander the moment she met him, right there in the school hallway. Would have saved us all a lot of annoyance.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

I can't figure out Xander's appeal either. All I saw was a nasty, judgemental, hypocritical loser who constantly took potshots at everyone else under the guise of 'I'm just joking'.

Another reason I don't like him is that he's obviously one of those guys who's only interested in a woman he can't have. Example: He wasn't interested in Willow during her crush, but as soon as she found a serious boyfriend on OZ, whoops, the redhead was attractive after all - then when she and OZ broke up, nope, not interested.

Meanwhile, he had the hots for Cordy, until he had her, then he cheated on her with Willow. What a prince!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread