Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

No more what ifs or Fanfics? Really?
Old 10-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Elite Fan

Wesley and Fred had a deep connection from the start. While going through the eps transcripts there was a lot of scenes between then that were very important to the ship. Fred was always asking about Wesley and in turn he was always asking about Fred. They both run on the same wave link all the time. It makes it hard not to notice.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Elite Fan

I agree.

When Fred needs help Wesley is always her first thought of who to go to, she naturally trusts him.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:23 PM
Elite Fan

Which is important because she had her trust and confidence shot for so long. It may have taken her a while to figure it out but at least she did.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah... she really was so run down. poor Fred...
Old 10-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

I think it is also interesting just how much she changed Wesley. He went from being a person that talked a lot about nothing to being more quiet. When she came around she really calmed him down. It was good for him and he gave her some peace of mind for the first time in five years. He was very protective of her and it was an excellent way for him to gain her trust.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Elite Fan

She defiantly helped him... as he said he finally got what he was fighting all his life for.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Elite Fan

Sorry I haven't posted in here in a couple of days.

I hate that the writers had to realize (they wrote the characters!) how perfect Wesley and Fred were for each other and still did what they did while putting all their energy into supporting that other ship that was forced and never should happened.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Elite Fan

The writers like angst... that's why they kept them apart when they all but said that the two were meant to be together.

I really feel with how the season went that they felt that Fred/Wes were end game stuff so they kept throwing blocks in the way of them getting together... Fred/Gunn I felt first came up in a meeting for Provider and was introduced with the line: "You know what would bring some really great angst from Wesley..."

The way Waiting in the Wings was shot suggested to me that we weren't suppose to root for Fred/Gunn we were suppose to be right there with Wesley heart broken and wishing for anything to fix it... however the episode spent a lot of time also drawing lines of comparison between Wesley and the villain. But then spent the moment to have him tell Fred and Gunn to stay close, to highlight the difference in the end, healthy real love vs. Unhealthy Obsession.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Elite Fan

Well actually that was the impression I still got from that eps. I never thought Wesley was obsessed enough to trap Fred in a newer ending dance. Yes he was obsessed with her but he wasn't THAT obsessed. I think overall they did a wonderful job throwing that idea out there. It is proven later in the following season that Wesley would not do what the count did.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Elite Fan

No he couldn't bring himself to hurt her... he really loved her and was willing to be miserable if it meant she was happy.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Elite Fan

That is true love IMO. He was willing to sacrifice for her. He was so sweet to her.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

Of course he was still sad but he tried so hard not to be so broken about it... didn't always not be petty.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Master Fan

"Soulless" First-Kiss Fred & Wesley

"Yes, which is very sweet. There's nothing wrong with i—" Fred

"Yes there is."

Fred recipe: Illyria head and Charmed series 1 body. I sanded down her torso, arms, and hips. I then sculpted her pants, belt, shirt, neck, and hair.

Wesley recipe: S4 Wesley figure. I sanded down his torso, arms, and legs. I then sculpted his pants, shirt, and jacket.

This set was a commission.

Sculpts:

Finished:

-Jess
Old 10-29-2009, 06:42 PM
Elite Fan

OMG! That is so cool. They are gorgeous Jess.