Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2012, 09:48 PM
New Fan

I am definitely joining. Spike and Dru were an intriguing couple whose twisted but sweet romance was thoroughly entertaining to watch. In fact, their characters and relationship are what got me into BtVS in the first place. They really added fun and vivacity to the series

Quote:
Originally Posted by only dreaming (View Post)
Wow Im trying to imagine Lovers Walk with her in it, that would have been awsome.
It sure would have. I wish we had access to the original script that included Dru. Unfortunately, the only one out there is the rewritten final product with just Spike.

I actually thought the episode was great without Dru. Seeing Spike completely go off the deep end without his Black Goddess was really hilarious, as well as added further complexity and depth to his character without woobifying him (he was shown to have really lost it and to be even more of a danger without her, but he was not shown in a cuddly way where you were forced by the writers to feel bad for him like you constantly were with Spuffy). Plus, he had some of his best lines from the series in the episode (in particular, "I may be Love's Bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it" was gold). Furthermore, I really dug that burnt up Victorian doll Dru owned that he was holding and later smashed in the beginning of the episode (though maybe we would have still gotten to see that doll if Dru had been in the episode).

However, I still would have liked the episode even more if Dru was in it, since I am not only a Sprusilla fan, but think she is a brilliant character in general.

As for how it would play out, I have a few guesses. The comic "Spike and Dru: Paint the Town Red" depicts Spike and Dru breaking up after "Becoming: Part II," but coming back together after a journey in which they realize how much they still care about and need one another. Had Dru returned in "Lovers Walk," they might have returned as a couple, and "Spike and Dru: Paint the Town Red" would have served as the canonical back-story explaining what happened to them between "Becoming: Part II" and "Lovers Walk" (of course, this would have greatly altered Spike's back-story later on in the series, since it showed Angelus choosing him for Dru instead of her selecting Spike as her mate on her own. I do not know about you, but in this case, I actually prefer what we got in the show in the later seasons as his back-story over the comic version). They could have also not been together in the beginning of the episode but gotten back together at the end, which would have been delightfully ironic considering the couples in the Scooby Gang (Angel/Buffy, Xander/Cordelia, and Willow/Oz) were all together in the beginning of the episode but broke up at the end. Maybe they could have also been broken up in the beginning of the episode but not have gotten back together in the end (though if they wanted to make Dru a main character with Spike in Season 4, I do not think this would happen).

(By the way, "Spike and Dru: Paint the Town Red," in spite of its terrible artwork and revelations about Spike's back-story that would later be contradicted in the series, is still a pretty good comic. James Marsters also co-wrote it, making it even more of a treat.)

As for Season 4, I am uncertain. I definitely do not think the writers would have chipped both of them, though. That would have been too much. Having just Spike chipped was painful enough (talk about A Clockword Orange rip off). Maybe The Initiative could have still been a threat to Spike and Dru and they could have used The Scoobies to get rid of them without chips being involved.

Last edited by Let Me Live; 07-01-2012 at 07:17 AM
Old 07-10-2012, 04:06 AM
Master Fan

Added you both Welcome to the thread

Quote:
They're both interesting, complex, and entertaining characters separately (actually, IMO, Spike only is outside of Spuffy), but are even better together. I think their mad romantic affection and passion was truly fascinating. They complemented each really well and shared thoroughly engaging interaction with one anther that could be tender and sweet, humorous, or delightfully twisted. Plus, the chemistry between James and Juliet was off the charts.
Well said I think they added much needed layers to a vampire/vampire relationship we couldn't get to see before. They were interesting, to the point and such a good fit. I wish they were explored more
Old 12-17-2012, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

some icons for these two!

Old 01-31-2013, 02:29 PM
Supreme Fan

X

Zayn Malik is my son.
~Zohra~ icon : Cereal Killer
Old 02-04-2013, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I love that picspam. They were awesome in the early parts of S2.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Supreme Fan

Zayn Malik is my son.
~Zohra~ icon : Cereal Killer
Old 04-19-2013, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Loved these two! I love Juliet Landau she´s just great!

Can I be added to the fanlist?
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 08-09-2013, 11:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am surprised that I am not on the shipper thread May I please be added?

Old 01-25-2014, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

a Spike & Dru thread! I just love these two! (Juliet is such a wonderful actress )
Can I be added to the shippers list?
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 01-26-2014, 11:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
a Spike & Dru thread! I just love these two! (Juliet is such a wonderful actress )
Can I be added to the shippers list?
Welcome
Old 01-27-2014, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks

Love all the gifs and arts here
Old 01-28-2014, 11:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
Thanks

Love all the gifs and arts here
Your favorite moment?

I guess I am going to make the nxt thread
Old 01-29-2014, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Dark Devotion{Spike&Dru} #4: She is his wicked ripe plum.

http://www.fanforum.com/f11/dark-dev.../#post74120556
Closed Thread   Post New Thread