Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Elite Fan

Season Four Discussion #2

From Previous Thread:

Buffy & Willow went to college where there were plenty of vampires for Buffy to stake. There was that funny scene where a vampire is coming out of its grave as Buffy and Willow are talking. He sees the stakes and slowly walks away. We met Bufy's first roommante Kathy who drove Buffy nuts and who was infact a soul stealing demon. Willow then became Buffy's roommate.

We were introduced to Riley who not only was he a TA but also Buffy's next boyfriend. I loved it when Riley punched out Parker for his disgusting remarks about Buffy. A person like that needs a beating. Riley's fight with Angel was great. The scene between Buffy's present boyfriend and her former boyfriend was fun to watch.

We were introduced to the Iniatiative, which was a secret government organization that housed demons and demistacated them was what happend with Spike when the Iniatiative took him prisoner and placed a chip in his brain so that he could not harm any human. Which we found out when he tried to bite Willow in her dorm room.

We were also introduced to Maggie Walsh who was the head of the Iniative. She created a monstor named who she named Adam. He was a half human half demon, half machine which made him almost undefeatable. Whenever I see a scifi movie when some crazy scientist makes something like Adam, that can't be defeated, I wonder what is the purpose of it and why make it so impossible to defeat?

Buffy and the Scoobies do eventually defeat Adam who tries to create an army of beings such as himself. They defeat him by coming their stenghts and summoming the dark powers of the Guardians.

We saw the return of Spike and Harmony and an ancient rock called the Gem of Amara which suppose to make the vampire who wears it invulnerable to sunlight, stakes, etc. Despite the improbility of something that ancient being located in North America and not Europe (which would make more sense), it was good to see Spike again.

We were introduced to Tara who would become important to Willow and the Scoobies. I liked her from the very second we saw her. Her being a witch was not much of a surprise since every member of the Scoobies except for Xander had something different about them.

We met Anya returns and she and Xander slowing develop into a relationship as do Tara and Willow.

Faith returns and creates more havoc. She gets this amlulet left to her from the Mayor for her to use. She uses it to excange bodies with Buffy. After the transformation, the Watcher's Council capture Buffy in Faith's body to bring her to England and keep her contained. Apparently they decided either earlier or at that point to assassinate her feeling that she is not redeemable.

While in Buffy's body, Faith sees how Buffy is loved and respected by family and friends and she sleeps with Riley. Considering how surprised she is that he wants to hold her after the act suggests that Faith did not have much love growing up. Not that excuses her actions.

Tara realized that the Buffy she has met is not the person Willow has described and senses something odd about her. We do get a funny scene with Buffy and Giles as she is trying to get him to see that it is Buffy in Faith's body.

Their get their bodies changed back and Faith leaves Sunnydale again.

Former classmate, Jonathan creates a world where he is the Superstar and everyone and everything revolves around him. The only ones not effected are Adam and Buffy whose Slayer powers see throught the spell. You didn't away hating Jonathan but feel sympathy for him. He wanted to belong which explains his later partnership with Warren and Andrew.

Oz returns (not sure why). He sees that Willow has moved on (as if she wouldn't). The Iniatative captures him and the Scoobies go and rescue him. They will return to the headquarters much later to defeat Adam.

The most scary in memorable episode was Hush which was about a group of demons called the Gentlemen who make the entire down soundless so that they can steal organs. Don't watch this at night. LOL

Finally, We meet the First Slayer who apparently was angry at her powers or essense being uses to defeat Adam. Not sure why she would have a problem with helping defeat evil but it was intersting to see Buffy defeat her and to see what the very First Slayer looked like. It was not surprising that she was African. In the episode, there is a forshadowing of Dawn.

There were a few inconsistencies like how Spike was able to walk into Willow and Buffy's dorm room since they live in it and he can't enter without invitation. Not a big thing but the scene between Spike and Willow was good.

And when Giles, turned into a demon by Ethan Rayne, scared her and she ran. It did seem strange that since she was the head of the Iniatiative, she would have had a weapon on her.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh another summary.

I promise to start the next thread.

TFTNT!

You're not my employee. You're my P A R T N E R.
How do I look? | Like a HERO
~Ash DR|RN|DB|MJ|JP
Burning Up A Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Elite Fan

I like starting threads

I had to check the OP
Old 12-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

thanks for the new thread, I love new threads
sweetcrimefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Starting threads are fun.

I had no idea these season threads had OP's.

~Ash DR|RN|DB|MJ|JP
Old 12-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Ultimate Fan

Every time I watch Season4 I like it more and more. Even episodes like Beer Bad I end up liking. Cave Buffy was slightly funny.
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I never liked Beer Bad.

~Ash DR|RN|DB|MJ|JP
Old 12-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulieMajulie7 (View Post)
I never liked Beer Bad.
I didn't like it for the first years, but then I watched it more and I did like how Willow talked to Parker and Buffy was funny in that episode, I have to admit.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't actually seen it in a while so maybe if I rewatch I would like it.

~Ash DR|RN|DB|MJ|JP
Old 12-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Elite Fan

That was the only episode of Buffy where I was like "Ummm..?" But I still find it funny
Old 12-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
That was the only episode of Buffy where I was like "Ummm..?" But I still find it funny
true, def. an Ummmmmmmm..... episode, but still, kinda funny, when ya think about it
Old 12-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's a filler episode I guess.

~Ash DR|RN|DB|MJ|JP
Old 12-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Elite Fan

I was worried at first if this was how the rest of the season would be

I had heard that S4 wasnt that good, and Angel was gone - so I was like :Oh no..this will be great.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Ultimate Fan

I really wish they would have kept Buffys comment about her thinking she cheated on Angel after she slept with Parker. It would have added to her being all emo after Parker rejected her. I also LOVED the introduction of Vampire Harmony! Her and Xanders fight scenes were the best.
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulieMajulie7 (View Post)
It's a filler episode I guess.
yeah, I guess they had to get rid of the Parker/Buffy situation somehow, and ya gotta admit, her smacking him on the head was funny, especially since she had dreamed of that moment several times
Reply   Post New Thread