Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2021, 02:00 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I still think Buffy was acting arrogant, above everyone, and b*tchy in most of S7. So a part of me doesn't really blame everyone for turning on her and kicking her out, but thankfully it's quickly resolved. If Buffy wasn't acting all nasty and stuck up, I would of been completely against it.
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
final rankings for seasons would be

1st - season 2 (10)
2nd - season 3 (9.8)
3rd - season 1 (9)
4th - season 5 (8.5)
5th - season 6 (7.8)
6th - season 4 (7.5) - maybe this would be slightly higher now that I think about it 7.6?
7th - season 7 (7.3 or 7.4)
What do you guys think of my ranking?

and my answers to the questions?
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Allison I would also put #7 at the bottom and #5 next to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I still think Buffy was acting arrogant, above everyone, and b*tchy in most of S7. So a part of me doesn't really blame everyone for turning on her and kicking her out, but thankfully it's quickly resolved. If Buffy wasn't acting all nasty and stuck up, I would of been completely against it.
Agreed. I don't see anything wrong with calling out her behavior if it's beyond the line. Trying to force Xander into going back into the cellar immediately after he got his eye gouged out by Caleb was just INSANITY on her part. I completely understood his reluctance to defend her in that scene.

I hated most of the Potentials in season 7 but that scene was totally in character with how they felt Buffy was forcing herself into a leadership role that she clearly didn't want.

Notice how they embraced Faith when she took them to The Bronze -- it was like they compared a fun babysitter (Faith) to a disciplined one (Buffy) and they choose the childish option. It's dumb, but it made sense for their characters. And to Faith's credit, she didn't try to force Buffy out at all. She looked overwhelmed by the attention.

I'd say that Buffy dipped to her lowest point in 7x15 when she literally yells at Spike for not being "the same Spike who tried to kill me when we met"

Say WHAT? Did she seriously need reminding that Spike wouldn't have still been around had he not mellowed out the way he did and completely toned down on violence?

I noticed that Doug Petrie often wrote Buffy at some of her most annoying points. 7x15, 'As We Were' (season 6) and 'Revelations' (season 3).
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Since S7 of Buffy is the most fresh in my memory I'll start with this season first and then I'll go backwards.

⇾ Favorite Character(s): Buffy, Anya, Xander, Willow and Dawn
⇾ Favorite Couple(s): I don't think I had a favourite couple this season.
⇾ Favorite Friendship(s): Xander and Buffy were really sweet this season
⇾ Favorite guest/recurring character(s): I was surprised to see Faith back, but I like that she has somewhat been redeemed.
⇾ Favorite episode Help and Talking to Dead People. They were the was the only episodes that truly stood out for me. I liked the idea of Buffy being school counsellor. It was sad how that girl Cassie still died. S7 is a mixed bag for me. I can't establish whether I liked it or not. I liked the Potentials, but I think there were way too many of them. It kinda took away from the main characters a bit.
⇾ FAV storyline (or episode arc): Would have to give that some thought. I did like the whole First thing.
⇾ Favorite new addition cast member? D.B Woodside as Principal Wood
⇾ Demons or Witches? Witches
⇾ OG Vampires vs Modern Vampiers: Modern
⇾ Principal Wood or Spike?: Character wise, Spike, though Principal Wood seemed like a decent enough guy - we just didn't get to know him all that well except for a little about his childhood and his mum was a slayer.
⇾ Potential Slayers or Slayers?: Slayers
⇾ Spike with or without a soul:? Honestly, I preferred when Spike was just an all out enemy to Buffy, when they started to toy with him falling for Buffy and then him forcing her to be with him rubbed me the wrong way. Then there's all the times she let him, but then there was THAT S6 scene which was so uncomfortable. I'm conflicted about how I feel with them redeeming Spike and getting him to repent for his worst sins, the fact that he was so disgusted by what he did to Buffy and went to get his soul back was interesting, especially when they made him become a hero at the end, but that was just the amulet, really.
⇾ LEAST favorite series regular character(s): Don't think I had any
⇾ LEAST Favorite Ship(s): Willow and Kennedy. I found them to be too forced and shoe horned in. Kennedy was sweet in helping Willow out in "The Killer In Me" but I just didn't connect with them. I mean, it was nice for Willow to have someone again after Tara's death but they just didn't have the same chemistry that Willow had with Tara.
⇾ LEAST favorite recurring/guest star: My least favourite recurring was Andrew. He was funny and it's nice he got redemption but I found him INCREDIBLY annoying most of the time.
⇾ LEAST favorite storyline: Buffy being kicked out of her own house by everyone. I get that they had their reasons for not much trusting Buffy's judgement anymore after that first battle with Caleb went horrifically wrong, and yeah, she could act arrogant at times, but it was HER house that she was letting all those girls stay there.
⇾ Least favorite episode: "Him" was funny but kinda dumb and "Touched" was kinda filler - why did we have to see Willow/Kennedy and Faith/Principal Wood getting it on? I did like the speech Spike gave Buffy though, it was the sweetest most soulful thing he has said to her since getting his soul back. I like how Buffy asked him to just hold her, it was admittedly sweet how they just held each other. But besides that scene I just didn't like that episode much.
⇾ Which character did you enjoy watching The First pretend to be most: Cassie/Tara. It hurt when it turned out it wasn't really her and it wasn't Tara when she tells Willow to kill herself.
⇾ Least favorite character addition? The fact that there were too many Potentials, it was hard to keep up with them all.
⇾ Story that had potential but was dropped suddenly? Can't really think of any right now
⇾ Character that disappointed you most: Might have to give that some thought...
⇾ Scene that disappointed you most: again need to give it some thought
⇾ Willow/Tara or Willow/Kennedy? Willow and Tara, definitely.
⇾ Buffy/Angel or Spike/Buffy? Buffy and Angel, for sure. I can't say I can truly ship Spike and Buffy given how incredibly and ridiculously complicated and toxic their relationship became. Spike getting his soul back tried to repair some things and again, the best part was that scene in Touched. She tells him she loves him but Spike says no you don't, but thank you for saying that. I did like that moment between them as Spike destroys the Hellmouth and sacrifices himself in the process. Buffy and Angel had their issues and it got complicated for sure when Angel briefly lost his soul, but they were just special, they had such chemistry and a fire in them that Spike and Buffy could never have for me.
⇾ Best character introduction? Don't think I have one, I guess Principal Wood
⇾ Episode with the best cliffhanger:? End of Days
⇾ How would you rank the series finale of Buffy: It went places I wasn't expecting. The ending kinda left it hanging a little, with the "now what" vibe. I was upset about Anya's death. The final battle was cool and I liked how they finally destroyed the Hellmouth once and for all. Giles saying about another one though, ruining the victory moment I liked the idea of Willow doing that spell so that all potential slayers were now just slayers. Buffy is no longer just THE slayer. She's earned her respite after all these years! I liked that Angel came back for the final two episodes.
⇾ Scale 1-10 how do you rank this season: I'd have to give that some thought! Right now I'm thinking about 7/10

Last edited by livstevi21; 05-15-2023 at 02:40 PM
livstevi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 07:36 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Great review, I mostly feel the same as you lol. I just rewatched the series, and I think S7 is the one I feel the most divisive about and kind of changed my opinion on. I don't like it as much as I used to (I still have the same opinions about not liking how Buffy acts most of the season, especially to shove Spike down your throat RME. I also can't stand Andrew's annoying, pointless ass either) and found it to be very weak for the last season. I still like it a little more than S6, but not by that much. I find the middle of the season to just be slow, boring, and bland. I feel it had a stronger beginning and ending. I also found The First to be a lame villain (and I used to not feel that way, it was so disappointing IMO) Its shining moment was turning into all the Big Bads in the first episode, and that's it. After that it's always turning into Buffy, Warren, and Spike. I know actor availability had to do with that, but that was lame and disappointing. Without minions to do their dirty work, they're just a lame Big Bad compared to the others (I guess it's better than Warren, but that's not saying much) Caleb was a much better villain, I wish he was around longer than five episodes. Made me even happier when Faith came back cause that's the jolt this season really needed. I just think she should of returned sooner than that cause I feel like it's over as soon as she gets there, but at least they brought her back for the end. I liked episodes like Lessons (or the end really) Selfless, Conversations with Dead People, Get It Done, and the last five episodes but as a whole the season could of been better. One of the best things about the season was Robin Wood, I hate that he is only around for one season and it's the last one. He has such an interesting story and past, he should of came on the show in S5 or 6 IMO. It has a great series finale and I love that Willow made all the potential slayers in the world into slayers. Buffy's final speech and the final battle with that epic soundtrack always gets me excited and makes me so proud. I still wonder what ever happened to the other Hellmouth in Cleveland. So even though I didn't like the last season that much overall, I still miss the hell out of this show. We're coming up on the 20th anniversary of Buffy ending. This will always be one of the best shows of all time and will never be anything like it ever again. Miss it!

Last edited by Butterfly85; 05-15-2023 at 07:44 PM
Butterfly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
What do you guys think of my ranking?

and my answers to the questions?
I'd put the seasons like so:

1st season first place,
2nd season,
3rd season,
4th season,
6th season,
5th season,
7th season last, saved only by the Spuffy in it.

7th season is the only season I really disliked. I had issues with some things in season 6 (the attempted rape, Tara's death, etc) and season 5 (can't stand Glory), but season 7 often didn't seem like BTVS at all. So much of what was good in the show was gradually drained out of it over the course of the season, with the unbearable Caleb seemingly leering over the destruction of the show. Only the Spuffy in it makes it worth watching for me.

Onto the questions:

⇾ Favorite Character(s): Buffy, Spike, Dawn
⇾ Favorite Couple(s): Buffy/Spike
⇾ Favorite Friendship(s): Xander/Dawn. His speech to her at the end of Potential was touching. Though I'm pissed off they didn't make her a Potential. If she'd been a Potential, the Potentials storyline might have been worth something rather than just dragging the show down.
⇾ Favorite guest/recurring character(s): Wood
⇾ Favorite episode Not sure.
⇾ FAV storyline (or episode arc): Spike recovering, rebuilding himself, redeeming himself and Buffy coming to realize she loves him.
⇾ Favorite new addition cast member? Wood
⇾ LEAST Favorite Character(s): Out of the main characters? Not sure. I made my peace with all the regulars. I had issues with Faith (though I liked her in Angel season 4) and I feel Andrew was overused. I got pissed off with Giles for betraying Buffy and trying to murder Spike, but he's Giles, so I don't hate him for it, though I did for a while.
⇾ LEAST Favorite Ship(s): Buffy/Angel. In my opinion the characters grew out of this after season 3 and it shouldn't have been dragged back.
⇾ LEAST favorite recurring/guest star: Caleb. Not really a fan of the way Nathan Fillion plays his roles. Disliked Mal Reynolds in Firefly too.
⇾ LEAST favorite storyline: The Potentials. They ruined that special in feeling that was key to BTVS. Also, the whole First Evil storyline. Most pathetic villain Buffy ever faced.
⇾ Least favorite episode: Bring On The Night. I had issues with a whole lot of episodes, most of them even, but they all had redeeming features.
⇾ Least favorite character addition? Kennedy. Just so inferior to Tara.
⇾ Story that had potential but was dropped suddenly? They should have put in a reconciliation between Spike and Dawn, rather than wasting time on Andrew.
⇾ Oz/Willow vs Willow/Tara? Both are good. It's Willow/Kennedy that I dislike.
⇾ Favorite crossover/collab episode?: None. I didn't like Angel showing up at the end. It was beneath Buffy to kiss him when Spike was "in her heart" and it made her look bad.
⇾ Best character introduction? Wood
⇾ Episode with the best cliffhanger:? I'm not big on cliffhangers. Still haven't forgiven Joss for Not Fade Away.
⇾ Scale 1-10 how do you rank this season: Never mind the numbers, I rate it as by far the worst season, saved only by the Spike/Buffy storyline. There were a few other particularly good things, such as a lot of good Dawn material, particularly in the first half of the season, and the addition of Wood, who was excellent.
⇾ Favorite episode Conversations With Dead People.
⇾ Demons or Witches? Demons
⇾ OG Vampires vs Modern Vampires: Not sure which is meant to be OG or modern. Didn't like the Turok-Hans.
⇾ Principal Wood or Spike?: Spke. Though Wood is great.
⇾ Potential Slayers or Slayers?: Slayers for sure.
⇾ Spike with or without a soul:? Both.
⇾ Which character did you enjoy watching The First pretend to be most: I didn't enjoy any of the First. Hated every moment of that character.
⇾ Character that disappointed you most: I hated the way they pushed Dawn into the background after Potential.
⇾ Scene that disappointed you most: The origin of Slayer power turning out to be symbolic rape. Female power comes from rape? Not a good message. And at the centre of it they put three black men trying to symbolically rape a white-skinned blonde woman. Racist stereotype much?
⇾ Willow/Tara or Willow/Kennedy? Willow and Tara.
⇾ Buffy/Angel or Spike/Buffy? Spike/Buffy. No other ship on the show can touch it. Buffy/Angel was a teen romance that should have been put behind them when they left high school. And mostly it was put behind them. Angel was out of Buffy's life and it should have stayed that way. They could have gotten an amulet some other way.
⇾ How would you rank the series finale of Buffy: Not very good. At least Buffy told Spike she loved him, even if his newfound (since the soul) inferiority complex made him doubt she was telling the truth (that line of his clearly put in to mollify the B/Aers). I used to hate Chosen. I don't anymore, but there's still a lot I find at fault with it.

Last edited by sum1; 05-16-2023 at 09:45 AM
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 11-23-2023, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

That looks like Get it done (episode 15)
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Anya was kind of correct.