Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2018, 11:15 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Almost done rewatching S6 and damn, I still miss Oz. Willow/Tara just don't compare at all. I miss Oz and Willow's cute spunk, I love when he fixes her tag lol. I wish he would of returned again after S4, I wonder what could of been.
Old 06-30-2018, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Almost done rewatching S6 and damn, I still miss Oz. Willow/Tara just don't compare at all. I miss Oz and Willow's cute spunk, I love when he fixes her tag lol. I wish he would of returned again after S4, I wonder what could of been.
I find it sad, because Seth Green's evolving movie career (as wonderful as it was ) basically dictated what happened to Oz and Willow in S4

Allthough, I do think Marti Noxon went too far in portraying Oz as the villain in the love triangles with Veruca and Tara.

I adored his chemistry with Alyson, they had actually known each other for a long time because they were child actors in the same movie.

I still think Oz is Willow's soulmate. "If I turn the corner in Istanbul and you're there, I won't be surprised... Because you're with me, you know?"
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-02-2018, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I agree, I can't help but think they'll make their way back to each other at some point
Old 07-06-2018, 10:08 AM
Elite Fan

It wouldn't surprise me
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Old 07-06-2018, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
I find it sad, because Seth Green's evolving movie career (as wonderful as it was ) basically dictated what happened to Oz and Willow in S4

Allthough, I do think Marti Noxon went too far in portraying Oz as the villain in the love triangles with Veruca and Tara.

I adored his chemistry with Alyson, they had actually known each other for a long time because they were child actors in the same movie.

I still think Oz is Willow's soulmate. "If I turn the corner in Istanbul and you're there, I won't be surprised... Because you're with me, you know?"
He should have found a way to come back on the show though.

What!!!?!! She did what!?!! That isn't right. He was never the bad guy with the triangle with Tara. He was trying to find a cure for his monstrosity, found it, and then came back. He was never ever wrong in doing that. The thing with Veruca was just a way to write him off the show, just like the Willow/Xander fling with Cordy's departure. He never loved Veruca the way he did Willow. As for the Oz/Willow/Tara, Tara entered her thing with Willow knowing that Willow still loved Oz and was still in the process of getting over him, even when he made an appearance in New Moon Rising. I ought to tell Marti Noxon that if Willow made the healthier choice, Willow would have never flew off the handle in the later seasons. I'm sorry for saying that, but that is how it is in my eyes.

Have you heard of Bayamarr in the comics?
Old 07-07-2018, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

No, haven't heard of it

Oz was such a good guy, he didn't have a malicious bone in his body so it was so disrespectul of them to try & portray him that way
Old 07-08-2018, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
No, haven't heard of it

Oz was such a good guy, he didn't have a malicious bone in his body so it was so disrespectul of them to try & portray him that way
Agreed. It was just a case of the writers trying too hard to find a way out for an actor. I wasn't exactly a fan of how they got Giles off the show as a regular because ASH wanted a break. Nothing against the actors, of course, but the writers weren't really ever the best at writing people off
Old 07-08-2018, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
No, haven't heard of it

Look at the literature part:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oz_(Bu...Vampire_Slayer)

It was very disrespectful.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Slayer Angel (View Post)
Agreed. It was just a case of the writers trying too hard to find a way out for an actor. I wasn't exactly a fan of how they got Giles off the show as a regular because ASH wanted a break. Nothing against the actors, of course, but the writers weren't really ever the best at writing people off
You are completely correct since season 7, his character was ruined completely and during season 6, Giles was on and off.
I felt he deserved better treatment.

Quote:
Completely agree and the portrayal didn't turn out well since he never seemed bad to me with the Tara stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥true_crime_beauty64♥ (View Post)

What!!!?!! She did what!?!! That isn't right. He was never the bad guy with the triangle with Tara. He was trying to find a cure for his monstrosity, found it, and then came back. He was never ever wrong in doing that. The thing with Veruca was just a way to write him off the show, just like the Willow/Xander fling with Cordy's departure. He never loved Veruca the way he did Willow. As for the Oz/Willow/Tara, Tara entered her thing with Willow knowing that Willow still loved Oz and was still in the process of getting over him, even when he made an appearance in New Moon Rising. I ought to tell Marti Noxon that if Willow made the healthier choice, Willow would have never flew off the handle in the later seasons. I'm sorry for saying that, but that is how it is in my eyes.

Have you heard of Bayamarr in the comics?
Completely correct.
The Veruca thing is something I just want to forget because of how OOC and ridiculous the storyline was. Nothing can make me understand that storyline. I didn't care about the "wolf takes over" excuse because it was portrayed deeper than that so the story was a terrible exit story for Oz.

I would have have preferred a scene when Oz was a wolf and probably he scratches her and she shots him with the taser and that's when Oz realizes he has to control the beast... something like that would have been better for me. Anything besides that ridiculous Veruca storyline.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:59 PM
Elite Fan

Honestly, the entire Vercua storyline is, to me, a product of what Season 4 was; a buffer between Seasons 3 and 5. You can tell Joss really didn't have the whole thing planed out, and it forced him and the writers to come up with things that seem half-baked.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

The Veruca thing is something I just want to forget because of how OOC and ridiculous the storyline was. Nothing can make me understand that storyline. I didn't care about the "wolf takes over" excuse because it was portrayed deeper than that so the story was a terrible exit story for Oz.

I would have have preferred a scene when Oz was a wolf and probably he scratches her and she shots him with the taser and that's when Oz realizes he has to control the beast... something like that would have been better for me. Anything besides that ridiculous Veruca storyline.

I would have preferred that too - or many just a storyline where he werewolf side was changing, like we kinda saw in Fear Itself, where he might start changing without a full moon & the rules seemed to be changing the longer he was a werewolf & then he'd go off to try & find others like him & understand what was happening.

But I don't think they would have wanted to do that though, because then Willow might have seemed like the bad guy & they wanted to make Oz one instead
Old 07-11-2018, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I would have preferred that too - or many just a storyline where he werewolf side was changing, like we kinda saw in Fear Itself, where he might start changing without a full moon & the rules seemed to be changing the longer he was a werewolf & then he'd go off to try & find others like him & understand what was happening.

But I don't think they would have wanted to do that though, because then Willow might have seemed like the bad guy & they wanted to make Oz one instead
There is a mystery behind the writers doing this. Why all of a sudden this was shown in Season 4, but not the previous seasons?

They shouldn't had made either one to be the bad guy though. It was a waste considering the route a certain character went in the later seasons.

Last edited by ☆♥~Buffyverse_Lover16~♥☆; 07-11-2018 at 10:10 PM
Old 07-12-2018, 09:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
There is a mystery behind the writers doing this. Why all of a sudden this was shown in Season 4, but not the previous seasons?

They shouldn't had made either one to be the bad guy though. It was a waste considering the route a certain character went in the later seasons.
Because Joss had the earlier seasons planned out. He didn't have Season 4 planned out compared to those ones, or Season 5.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

It would have been a better direction than the nonsense displayed on screen for sure.
And yeah, Fear Itself was a good example.

There was never any need to make Oz look like the bad guy. So horrible to watch...

Quote:

I agree that's why season 4 Oz storyline was so out of left field because it came out of no where. Especially the whole Oz is attracted to the wolf side of someone, it just didn't click with me at all.

They shouldn't have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Slayer Angel (View Post)
Because Joss had the earlier seasons planned out. He didn't have Season 4 planned out compared to those ones, or Season 5.
Season 5 was a great season though. lol
Season 4, the writing for Oz/Willow was straight up ridiculous.... and especially for Oz, so OOC ridiculous nonsense to watch.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Witches and Slayers

oz being ultimate boyfriend material
This is what I do know. I miss you. Like, every second. Almost like I lost an arm, or worse, a torso. So, I think I’d be willing to… give it a shot.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread