Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2004, 06:28 PM
Master Fan

Episode Discussion 3x11 : "Birthday"

Wednesday, August 4th @ 5pm(ET)
"Birthday" TV-PG-LV, CC
On her birthday, Cordelia learns her visions will kill her unless she goes back in time and chooses a different path in life,which doesn't include Angel.

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Karbear3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 02:25 PM
Total Fan

I love this episode... Is really great... Too bad Fred doesn't appear so much ... but I love everything in and the end is really great with Cordy floating... and "Cordy" is really funny... Too bad, they cut some scenes of the episode but them are in the dvd , so yay !!!

Livejournal
Fred Pryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 06:00 PM
Master Fan

This is my first time actually seeing it. I was expecting to hate it because it sounded so stupid, but it's actually really cute. Charisma is sooo adorable in the sitcom scenes. I'm also loving the outfits. Yes, I look at things superficially.
"The most important thing to me is that I have had people come up to me and say the show made me feel different about what they could be, about what they could do, about how they respond to problems, about being a female leader." - Joss Whedon
SassySarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 10:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Do you watch the show daily on TNT SassySarah? Just wondering if you've missed out on season 3 or not. I liked this episode, Skip starting to manipulate Cordelia and all.
Dark omega zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

This one of my Fave episodes of Angel ever!

Cordy is my favorite So yeah love that it is Cordy centric.

Cangel finally kiss!

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

BIRTHDAY

The Good;
Cordy's sitcom is great and some excellent crazy acting from DB. Also nice to see Doyle again if only in a clip.
The Bad;
Feels a bit laboured in places. How can the message in one dimension still be there in another (Jasmine?)
Best line:
Skip; "Get out of here. No really, get out of here"
Jeez, how did they get away with that?
Apocalypses: 5
Angel Cliches
Inverting the Hollywood cliche;
In disguise; 8
DB get's his shirt off; 12
Cordy's tattoo; yep when she's ripping the wallpaper off so that makes 10. Note it's not CC doing the somersault on her show's credits because you don't see her tattoo.
Cheap Angel; 7
Fang Gang in bondage: no although Wes and Gunn use manacles to restrain mad Angel.
Cordy: 5
Angel: 11
Wes: 6
Gunn; 3
Lorne; 2

Fang gang knocked out: CC for the whole ep
Cordy: 12
Angel: 14
Wes: 5
Doyle; 1
Gunn; 1
Lorne; 2
Kills:
Cordy: 5 vamps, 3½ demons
Angel; 32 vamps, 45 and 1/2 demons, 7 humans
Doyle; 1 vamp
Wes; 10 demons+3 vamps, 2 humans
Kate; 3 vamps
Faith; 16 vamps, 6 demons, 3 humans.
Gunn; 8 vamps+ 7 demons.
Fang Gang go evil:
Cordy: 2
Angel: 2

Alternate Fang Gang: Angel possessed by CC
Cordy: 2
Angel: 8

Characters killed:
Recurring characters killed;
8;
Total number of Angel Investigations:
6, Angel, Cordy, Wes, Gunn, Fred and Lorne

Angel Investigations shot:
Angel: 11
Wes; 1
Packing heat;
Wes; 5
Doyle; 1
Angel; 1
Gunn; 1

Notches on Fang Gang bedpost:
Cordy: 3 ?+Wilson/Hacksaw Beast+Phantom Dennis
Angel: 5; Buffy, Darla and The Transcending Furies
Wes; 2; Virginia and the bleached blonde

Kinky dinky:
Fred mentions she didn't wear underwear for 5 years. Gunn goes through CC's lingerie. To judge by CC's cleavage exposing outfit on her show this must be sweeps week?
Captain Subtext;
If Cordy wasn't around does this mean Doyle's last act was to kiss Angel? Love the CC as Wonder Woman cake the gang get for Cordy, too bad Joss went off the idea of making the film. Gunn comments that Fred is so cool. Wes refer to Gunn as his 'partner'. CC and Angel kiss
Know the face, different character; 4
Parking garages;
Guantanamo Bay;
Buffy characters on Angel; 16
Wetherby, Collins and Smith. Angel, Cordy, Oz, Spike, Buffy, Wes, Faith, Darla, Dru, The Master, Anne, Willow and Harmony
Questions and observations;
So this is a world where CC never joins AI. No Fred so presumably after Wes and Gunn rescue her she goes back to Texas? In a world without Cordy's influence does this mean Merle, Elana etc are all still alive? Pentagrams always bad news. What are Buffy and the Scoobs doing about mad Angel in this alternate reality? CC is now part demon as is Faith, Buffy etc. This is ep 55 so exactly half way through the series.
Marks out of 10; 6/10
saturn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

I just watched this episode for the first time and I loved it, Cordy is so amazing and the Cangel kiss was so beautiful ♥
Old 07-05-2011, 07:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Oh boy. I did not like this episode. It was the start of Saint!Cordelia. I'm also not an Angel/Cordelia shipper - at all.

I love baby Connor. I love Chip. Gunn and Wes are so gay for each other

What was with the floating?!

Cordy deserved better than this
kabous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:44 AM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
This one of my Fave episodes of Angel ever!

Cordy is my favorite So yeah love that it is Cordy centric.

Cangel finally kiss!
It's one of mine too!

Cordy is my fav too. And this Cordy centric ep was phenominal!

Yea Cangel finally kiss! (if you dont count Parting Gifts. lol)
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabous (View Post)
Oh boy. I did not like this episode. It was the start of Saint!Cordelia. I'm also not an Angel/Cordelia shipper - at all.

What was with the floating?!

Cordy deserved better than this
Seriously... I hated the start of Saint!Cordelia... I loved her feeling like she belonged somewhere else as the movie star, and remembering Doyle... the grumpy one armed Wesley was cool as was anything with Phantom Denis... heck I'm even willing to take the kiss... I get it... I just hate that this lead so straightly to the death of Cordy's character...
Old 04-21-2016, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Loved the episode. I wish Cordy would have gotten her own show. But she choosed another life. But I loved that when Cordy ripped that wallpaper off the wall in that hotel room and that guy who showed her the room wasn´t happy at first but then he went like "bad wallpaper"
Anyway: Loved the end where she was levitating and they were all staring at her
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Oh wow this episode was so much feelings! I love the way Chip showed her how her life could have been had she not bumped into Angel. And the flashback with Doyle's kiss and how it was an accident that he transferred his visions to her. I love how, despite experiencing a life of fame and fortune, something inside of her knew that she was meant for something different for the world. Wasn't quite sure why the visions would have broken Angel considering he's a vampire and would have been stronger to handle them (not saying Cordy wasn't strong - just the opposite and I don't think Angel actually said those things) but oh my gosh when Cordy kissed him and got her visions back! And accepted that in order to keep the visions and not die is to become part demon...wow. I love how she checked that she had no horns or tail when she woke up.

Angel being pissed at her for not letting him in about how bad her visions had gotten to the point where she was taking medication. He's also been one to hide things so he shouldn't be so mad at her for that. But I get that he said it out of love. He's obviously got strong feelings for her as more than a friend.

So Cordy levitating, does that mean she's actually part demon now? Not sure how I feel about that...
Old 02-12-2024, 08:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Worrying portents of Jasmine in Skip's manipulation of Cordy.