Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2016, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love their little moments on Buffy. I love reading fic that take place during that time period.

Buffy and Angel saved her from something (it's been a long time since I've seen Buffy so not sure what) and she runs to Angel to thank him for saving her. Then I think she starts talking about how she hates them and how weird things happen when they're around.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:00 PM
Extreme Fan

I've got a fanfic in mind which is a re-imaging of the Cordy BTVS era but with her as the main role and as Angel's love interest.
I've also tweaked her character some; she's a potential who was raised by Giles after her mother, who was Giles' slayer was killed and Doyle is there as her brother. Buffy is still there and still the newbie in town and also a potential.

Cordy and her jealousy hate of Bangel.

Another GIF set with just the sweetest words!

they win"
- Stephen King
Ashes Fall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's a little too AU sounding for me but could be interesting.

CA fic in the Buffy era is so interesting. A part of me is surprised they didn't do more with Angelus/Cordy but then I remember how they went about the BA stuff and then I'm not surprised anymore.

I really love that gifset.
Old 01-18-2016, 12:02 AM
Extreme Fan

Sorry, you feel that way.
Maybe I'll also do something closer to canon.

What do you mean about Angelus/Cordy?
You know there are a couple of fan videos on Youtube that do Angelus/Cordy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-OC...KOtWbxNXyL4eCn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4Ir...KOtWbxNXyL4eCn

I've wondered how Angelus would have responded to Cordy in season 4 of AtS had that actually been her.
I might do a fanfic where she's kind of the Clarice to his Hannibal Lector.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 01-18-2016, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
LOL, someone remind me of what was happening in the GIF in the first column, second down. That hug. XD
It's from Reptile Boy in Buffy S2. Angel helped rescue Cordy and Buffy from the snake demon in the frat house basement and Cordy flung herself on Angel, totally ignoring Buffy and everyone else.
tender looks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

No don't do that. I'm just one person. You write what and how you want too. Don't let me change that.

Granted maybe my reading too many fics has taken over but I feel Angelus (Angel's full demon) would have shown more interest in Cordelia. Even if it was a way to get to Buffy by pissing her off or whatever. And I feel it was such a missed opportunity. I don't know. Again maybe reading too many fics has really gotten to me.

Thanks for those.

Can't really comment too much on that as I only saw a few episodes of S4 and that was in the beginning of it. But I wonder that too. It would have been interesting.

tender looks - Thanks for that.
Old 01-18-2016, 01:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Looks
It's from Reptile Boy in Buffy S2. Angel helped rescue Cordy and Buffy from the snake demon in the frat house basement and Cordy flung herself on Angel, totally ignoring Buffy and everyone else.
LOL thanx. Just took another look at that GIF, Angel's response is pretty much that of a statue which also means he didn't protest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractured Moonlight
No don't do that. I'm just one person. You write what and how you want too. Don't let me change that.
I said maybe I'll ALSO do something closer to canon.
Don't worry, I'm not scrapping 'The Watcher's Daughter' (that's the title), I actually made it a banner.
It sounds like it's really AU but for the most part, it's just a mixture of Cordy era BTVS and AtS.
A lot of the canon events will still be there and will equal the amount of original re-imaginings but will just be centered around Cordy rather than Buffy.

There is actually a published novel series called the Cordelia Collection which retells a handful of Cordy centered BTVS episodes but more from her perspective vs. how on the screen we're mostly seeing Buffy's perspective. I adore Cordy so I might try reading them myself. Especially if they have 'Some Assembly Required'. I'd love to read that Cangel dumpster scene from Cordy's perspective, to know what was going through her mind.

Though whether or not I'll ever get much written of these fanfic ideas let alone finish them is anyone's guess. I have an issue with that. *sigh*

Quote:
Granted maybe my reading too many fics has taken over but I feel Angelus (Angel's full demon) would have shown more interest in Cordelia. Even if it was a way to get to Buffy by pissing her off or whatever. And I feel it was such a missed opportunity. I don't know. Again maybe reading too many fics has really gotten to me.
You make an interesting point, it seems like Angelus should have gotten a kick out of Cordy's attitude, particularly in the fact that they shared common ground with their desire to be rid of Buffy.
I find it totally plausable that he would use that to manipulate her into being a pawn for him in assissinating Buffy, but he'd have to come up with something GOOD because even then she was smart and even as the nastiest girl in Sunnydale history she wasn't into murder.

Quote:
Can't really comment too much on that as I only saw a few episodes of S4 and that was in the beginning of it. But I wonder that too. It would have been interesting.
I don't blame you, there are only TWO episodes in my opinion that make season 4 worth watching, one of which I do recommend, "Awakening". It's basically how Angelus happened so naturally it ends on a disappointing note but is still enjoyable because nonetheless it comfirms more than anything else that Angel was deeply in love with Cordy by then.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 01-18-2016, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh that published novel series sounds like something I need to read. Having it from Cordelia's pov is so interesting and obviously as she is my fave from these shows something I would really love to see.

I love the CA dumpster scene. I would really love to know/see both of their povs on that one. I mean if I remember correctly (and I may not) it was kinda like he was stalking her and/or playing with her. And I'm pretty sure he knew who it was since he's a vampire.

Exactly. I could see Angelus seeing what more there was to Cordelia than a lot of people saw (and why she would also end up living). And wanting to use that. And I could also see him finding her attractive and actually taunting Buffy with that. I don't think Cordelia would ever worked with him though. Unless she had to. But yeah I could have just seen Angelus showing more interest and it's such a wasted opportunity he didn't.
Old 01-18-2016, 05:57 PM
Extreme Fan

I'd more than anything love Angel's POV of the SAR dumpster scene AND the Halloween scene.
Excellent analysis of the dumpster scene, I'd never considered that. He did say that he had thought he was following Buffy if memory serves but considering a vampire's advanced night vision and the distinct scent of a slayer vs an average human, there is no way it's possible for him to make that mistake. I totally adore the idea that he was playing with her.
Not to mention notice how he smiles when he corners her inside the dumpster and even makes a joke about it not being her usual hang out spot. Broody BTVS Angel NEVER made humorous cracks!

Now Angelus romancing Cordelia to drive Buffy crazy is totally something she'd go for. That would make a great fanfic.
I agree, something just gives me the feeling that Angelus would be very attracted to her.

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 01-18-2016 at 06:07 PM
Old 01-18-2016, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Same. I would love both but I guess we kinda know Cordy's pov in the dumpster scene. She was scared. But Angel's would be super interesting to know. Because exactly. He has all these heightened senses he had to know it wasn't Buffy. Even without the slayerness of her I'm sure he would be able to tell right down to who it is exactly. So this scene always had me wondering. And I think he was playing with her too and yes the smile and joke! That is so rare from Angel in the Buffy era.

There is quite a few Angelus/Cordelia fics out there that are really good. Though of course with those it ends up being about Cordelia and less about trying to get something on Buffy. That might be a part of it but there is always something more.

It saddens me though how many unfinished CA fics there are.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:02 AM
Extreme Fan

Sure she was scared, but that is on the surface, not what was going on in her mind, how she felt about Angel, her crush finding her, Cordelia Chase who prides herself on ensuring that everyone around her knows she's above them, in a dumpster. There is no way that wasn't embarrassing. Or was she relieved to see him, to have him there in a frightening situation?
Did she maybe get her hopes up a bit that he was starting to notice her over Buffy because he was following her instead of climbing through Buffy's bedroom window?

I might find out, I've just purchased The Cordelia Collection Vol. 1 which DOES contain SAR on Amazon...rather it's on my cart along with the Angel novel "Vengence". I'm now looking for one more Angel novel but can't decide on one.

I'm, personally, not opposed to Angelus/Cordy fanfics being more Cordy-centric than Buffy-centric because something you haven't had the opportunity to learn about me yet is that I can't stand Bangel. Sorry.

For that reason, I intend to finish a fanfic before I publish it as to not keep my readers waiting or end up leaving them hanging if it gets abandoned...which is a majority of the time.

they win"
- Stephen King
Old 01-19-2016, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

With Cordelia she tends to say what she thinks and feels. And in that scene she seemed scared and then later grossed out. I don't think she was really embarrassed or all that embarrassed. And seemed to use it as a good opportunity to snuggle closer. But I would still love to have it from her pov.

Hopefully I will be able to get them at one point.

Me either. When I read couple fics I want it to be about my couple. And I don't like BA either.

Abandoned fics are sad.
Old 01-19-2016, 04:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Valid point, she didn't really start to keeping her feelings to herself until she obtained the visions in AtS. Specifically, starting roughly in season 2 considering that in season 3 it's revealed that she'd been keeping the medication, MRIs and CAT scans from the gang for at least a year.
Her feelings for Angel were also much deeper and more complex at this point and while on some level she didn't entire realize them, she could have also consciously avoided any interaction with him that would cause those feelings to be tested. Her behavior towards the enchanted (or cursed?) dressing room in 'Waiting in the Wings' is suggestive of this.

Lol, the next scene in the library when she's clinging to his arm and he's letting her is totally adorable. For sure, she intentionally stole that opportunity hehe.

Agreed, I'm not interested in any fics that only portray C/A as a 'what if' AU, I want C/A to be REAL...and have hot sex. XD
I don't usually read fanfics at all because I'm a jealous person but I'd read a good mushy and sexual C/A fic.

they win"
- Stephen King

Last edited by Ashes Fall; 01-19-2016 at 04:34 PM
Old 01-19-2016, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

And those specific things it seems she kept so they wouldn't worry about her. Just imagine how long she suffered in silence. So sad.

I so need to watch Waiting in the Wings again. Such a great episode.

Same. And yeah I tend toward the smutty fics.

I love reading fics.
Old 01-20-2016, 01:37 PM
Extreme Fan

It was more than that in theory.
I believe she was afraid of coming off as weak if she admitted what the visions were doing to her and in 'That Vision Thing' she basically confesses that she sees herself as worthless to Angel without them.

'Waiting in the Wings' is hands down the hottest episode in both series! The end sucks but I never watch that part.

they win"
- Stephen King
Reply   Post New Thread