Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2015, 09:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Was re-watching a little bit of Buffy S1, and I remembered Cordelia's awful singing in "The Puppet Show" (B, 1.09). I always thought Cordelia's character was a bit weak in BtVS S1 because the writers didn't know what to do with her yet and she didn't show much depth until "Out of Mind, Out of Sight" (B, 1.11). But I LOVE this scene. Charisma is hilarious as tone-deaf Cordy and I love Giles just sitting there in misery watching it. The look on his face reminds me of Wesley's when watching Angel sing karaoke.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

I was re-watching a little bit of Buffy S1, and I remembered Cordelia's awful singing in "The Puppet Show" (B, 1.09). I always thought Cordelia's character was a bit weak in BtVS S1 because the writers didn't know what to do with her yet and she didn't show much depth until "Out of Mind, Out of Sight" (B, 1.11). But I LOVE this scene. Charisma is hilarious as tone-deaf Cordy and I love Giles just sitting there in misery watching it. The look on his face reminds me of Wesley's when watching Angel sing karaoke.
Old 11-21-2015, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Her singing was great (in a bad way) & I love how they brought that back in Slouching Towards Bethlehem & had her sing that song again!

Poor Giles though!
Old 11-21-2015, 10:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriosityShell (View Post)
I was re-watching a little bit of Buffy S1, and I remembered Cordelia's awful singing in "The Puppet Show" (B, 1.09). I always thought Cordelia's character was a bit weak in BtVS S1 because the writers didn't know what to do with her yet and she didn't show much depth until "Out of Mind, Out of Sight" (B, 1.11). But I LOVE this scene. Charisma is hilarious as tone-deaf Cordy and I love Giles just sitting there in misery watching it. The look on his face reminds me of Wesley's when watching Angel sing karaoke.
OMG, yes! And I love even more how he implies there is something wrong with her hair in order to get rid of her. She runs off horrified and Giles says "Xander was right" and smiles to himself.

I think there are a few underappreciated Cordy/Giles moments that are hilarious.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I liked when she was helping him research in Killed by Death
Old 11-21-2015, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Me too
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by me~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 11-21-2015, 02:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

I wish we had more Giles/Cordy scenes. I remember in "Gingerbread" (B, 3.11) when he was knocked out due to the possessed parents' mob and Cordy kept smacking him to wake him up.

Cordelia: Took you long enough to wake up. My hand hurts,
Giles: (sarcastically) Pity. Why are you here?
Cordelia: Things are way out of control, Giles. First, the thing at school, and then my mom confiscates all my black clothes and scented candles. I came over here to tell Buffy to stop all this craziness and I found you unconscious... again. How many times have you been knocked out anyway? I swear, one of these times, you're going to wake up in a coma.
Giles: Wake up in a...? Oh, never mind.

What an underappreciated duo.
Old 11-21-2015, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It would have been hilarious to have seen them team up more often - now there's an idea for a spin-off!
Old 11-22-2015, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Haha That would have been awesome!
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by me~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 11-22-2015, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It certainly would have been interesting

http://ucsunnydale.tumblr.com/post/2...onverse-celebs
Old 11-23-2015, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Love that picture.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

She looked incredible for her part on Charmed
Old 11-23-2015, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

She did - & she must have been brave to be in that outfit all the time!
Old 11-23-2015, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

I couldn't find a Cordy/Gunn thread, so I'll put this here instead:

Old 11-23-2015, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

There's not a Cordy/Gunn thread I've thought about starting one before....

That pic is so cute, love seeing the old gang back together