Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2014, 04:10 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT! The title is spot on. There's no forgetting these two.

Quote:
Personally, I see both sides...though I lean towards Buffy for most of the episode (until the very end). If I was Buffy and saw that Angel, the love of my life, was comforting and helping Faith - someone who had treated me like crap, stolen my body, etc. (the list goes on and on) And now she thinks possibly Angel and Faith are together and he's taking her side ....there would be no stopping me. I'd be beyond furious, beyond hurt. So I understand. I'd be cold as hell to Angel. Though I do understand why Angel related to Faith, he saw himself in her and also wanted to always help people in need (duh, the entire show).

The hitting each other was disappointing, but things on this show are heightened. She did hit him first. I don't like that Angel hit her, but ...come on. She's stronger than him and hit him ...emotions were running high. I do not appreciate it at all though that EITHER of them used violence. But I'm glad that Angel did mention that she is stronger and hit first....

The ending scene is the toughest to watch though. I get that Buffy was being spiteful and cruel because she's hurt that he "chose" Faith (in her mind), but it really did suck that she gave that whole speech about Riley and trusting him. Such BS. Extremely low of her. And I actually applaud that Angel stood up for himself, even though it was sad to see him yell at her like that ...but she kind of deserved it in that moment. It was unnecessary and cruel for her to go on like that and expect him to be like "gee, you're right." It was really messed that Buffy said those things to him. Angel His face kills me. But she's also pretty hurt that he has a "new life" too - even if she's the one that told him they needed separate lives.

I just think they're both incredibly hurt and jealous and angry and that got the best of them in this episode. Really accurate portrayal though of people in love who can't be together though
Agree with you on pretty much everything.

They're very passionate people, and when it comes to Faith and Angel, I think Buffy will always be jealous / protective. What she said to him about Riley made me really mad too, even more so 'cause it was not true. She was basically throwing at Angel's face "Look, I did just what you told me to. Moved on. See how happy I am." The funny thing is that she doesn't look happy at all, the words seem somehow empty, like she's only saying it out of spite, to hurt him.

I guess I can get past Buffy's actions 'cause the way I see it they come from frustration and jealousy. It's a very low blow, but it also shows just how much he gets to her that she feels the need to lash out. Plus, there's Yoko Factor... She couldn't be more obvious imo. lol

Now I really need to rewatch Sanctuary & Yoko Factor.
visit Buffyverse | icon: ?
Old 12-21-2014, 05:25 AM
Supreme Fan

I'll watch Amends on xmas eve

Zayn Malik is my son.
~Zohra~ icon : Cereal Killer
Old 12-23-2014, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Thanks for the new thread, love the title! .
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 12-26-2014, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

http://shesaheroyousee.tumblr.com/
Old 12-28-2014, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wonderful artwork
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 12-28-2014, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

That art is really beautiful.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

So much talent
Old 12-29-2014, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

This fandom is blessed with wonderfully talented artists.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
They're very passionate people, and when it comes to Faith and Angel, I think Buffy will always be jealous / protective. What she said to him about Riley made me really mad too, even more so 'cause it was not true. She was basically throwing at Angel's face "Look, I did just what you told me to. Moved on. See how happy I am." The funny thing is that she doesn't look happy at all, the words seem somehow empty, like she's only saying it out of spite, to hurt him.

I guess I can get past Buffy's actions 'cause the way I see it they come from frustration and jealousy. It's a very low blow, but it also shows just how much he gets to her that she feels the need to lash out. Plus, there's Yoko Factor... She couldn't be more obvious imo. lol
Agreed with this

I hate how she said those words to Angel, for multiple reasons. One because I hate seeing Angel so hurt. He can't move on, he doesn't even really want to. He's just gonna love her forever and he's accepted that. So her throwing her new relationship in his face was just such a low blow. And two because of what you said - what' she's saying is not even true Like it simply isn't. Her relationship with Riley was never as honest and emotional and genuine as hers with Angel. Not even close. She was always trying to convince herself and Riley that she loved him so much, but it never felt genuine. So it just sucked that Angel had to hear it when it wasn't even true.

But as you said, this just happens when two people are so tied up with each other. Emotions are gonna ride high when you love another person and you can't be with them. It's just the way it is. Sometimes you say and do things that you don't necessarily agree with just because it feels like the only option in the moment.

But Sanctuary is such a conflicting episode for me. That's why I had to rant about it
Old 01-03-2015, 07:05 PM
Master Fan

Buffy & Angel was my first pre-shipping ship that broke my heart when they didn't end up together . One of their most heart-breaking moments that I've never forgotten was their reunion in 2x22 after she brought him back from being Angelus but had to kill him (or so she thought she had at the time) to stop Acathla's hell dimension.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Aww that scene! .
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 01-10-2015, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

That "Close your eyes" moment is one of the most heartbreaking and painful things I've ever witnessed on TV.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:40 AM
Supreme Fan

The feels

Zayn Malik is my son.
~Zohra~ icon : Cereal Killer
Old 01-11-2015, 04:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I hate how she said those words to Angel, for multiple reasons. One because I hate seeing Angel so hurt. He can't move on, he doesn't even really want to. He's just gonna love her forever and he's accepted that. So her throwing her new relationship in his face was just such a low blow. And two because of what you said - what' she's saying is not even true Like it simply isn't. Her relationship with Riley was never as honest and emotional and genuine as hers with Angel. Not even close. She was always trying to convince herself and Riley that she loved him so much, but it never felt genuine. So it just sucked that Angel had to hear it when it wasn't even true.

But as you said, this just happens when two people are so tied up with each other. Emotions are gonna ride high when you love another person and you can't be with them. It's just the way it is. Sometimes you say and do things that you don't necessarily agree with just because it feels like the only option in the moment.

But Sanctuary is such a conflicting episode for me. That's why I had to rant about it
I know. I feel his pain too. Poor bb. And yes, that episode is too complicated. I get my feelings all over the place when I watch it too. This is the perfect place to rant and make sense of BA craziness haha

Becoming II is probably the most iconic episode of BtVS imo. And it continues to be one of my all time favorites.
visit Buffyverse | icon: ?
Old 01-16-2015, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awww the Season 2 finale episode was so sad
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Closed Thread   Post New Thread