Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Total Fan

The Buffy/Riley thread #1

I think Im the only shipper out there but yeah If you like them, post

aka CARLA
Old 05-03-2006, 06:30 PM
Addicted Fan

I was recently watching the eppisode where Riley came back with his wife, and it made me sad, wasn't a big B/R shipper but it was still sad that he had moved on so quickly.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:19 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm not a B/R shipper but I enjoyed S4 B/R. I think it's a shame that more people don't feel that way, so I certainly wish you luck with this thread.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:44 PM
Master Fan

Maybe if the show gave the relationship more time to develop, the fans would have come around? Isn't that what happened with Tara/Willow? I don't remember them becoming well liked until S6 really -- that's around the time when Tara started showing some semblance of a personality.

Not a B/R shipper either. Sorry. I remember back in S5 there were a few Buffy/Riley shippers who posted here, and sometimes the B/S thread used to try to compete against the B/R thread. Ha ha, that was funny. I used to lurk so I didn't actually contribute to the crazy shipper madness though.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Loyal Fan

ooooh yay! Carla's here!
And Kay, looks like we won't be many on here. Bah! It's all good!

*runs off to upload pictures to Photobucket*

yayaayy!

EDIT W/ CAPS:

SUPERSTAR!!!

~ Carla

Last edited by denrito; 05-04-2006 at 11:00 AM
Old 05-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Total Fan

The thing is I totally understand why people didnt ship BR because it wasnt developed enough. I dont know why I love them, I just always have. And I think its because Ive always loved the fact that Riley loved her in a way like no other, and he really did know her. Yet he knew that she could never love him back the same way he loved her. But I think if she had of caught up with him, things would have been different. I think that was the thing, she did run after him. And that was the most powerful thing about this couple to me, the fact that she really did have it all and she lost it. Lmao, not really grounds for shipping a couple but hey, Im screwed up sometimes

Plus, they did have their cuteness!!

Ahhh thanks for the caps Carla
Old 05-04-2006, 01:35 PM
Total Fan

My comp is being an idiot so sorry for the double post
Old 05-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Passionate Fan

I can sympathize with people who don't like S5 B/R. I don't like it much either, because they turned Riley into such a jerk. I don't think the S4 hate is fair, though, since it seems to come mostly from people who didn't (don't?) want to let go of B/A or who wanted B/S instead. I can't sympathize with either viewpoint, because neither group judges the story or the characters on their own merits but just refuses to engage with it because it isn't the salad dressing they ordered. Their loss.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:31 PM
Master Fan

The thing of it is Buffy/Riley is a totally different animal from B/A or B/S. You can't expect people who are attracted to larger than life pairings to take to a relationship that's much more down to earth.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm really sorry Kay, for not being on more often... but you know the reasons

Anyway, I just want to say that I only watched the show on and off during the first three seasons, so I didn't really get a grasp of what B/A really was. Besides, I was young and stupid, so the idea of the two of them irked me to no end. I really started watching when Riley came on and I always thought he was a good guy on the surface but a villain underneath. When I was proved wrong, it dawned on me that maybe, just maybe, he was what Buffy seeked most of all: happiness, simplicity, stability. And it fascinated me how sincere and how honest his love for her was. It was so pure and, ironically, so human! And for some time, Buffy felt the same about him, though, having been surrounded by the underworld for so long, she seems to have forgotten affection and truth and that's what Riley represented. I loved B/S after them and I've grown to appreciate B/A aswell, but B/R is definitely my favorite of the three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok
I don't think the S4 hate is fair, though, since it seems to come mostly from people who didn't (don't?) want to let go of B/A or who wanted B/S instead.
Oh, I totally agree! And it's understandable, I guess. I'm guilty of that, but on other shows. And yeah, so what if Riley was the boring boyfriend (though I myself don't think he is, ), he was good for Buffy. And she deserved it.

I can't say Riley became a jerk in S5. I think Buffy had a lot to do with it too. She neglected him and treated him rather poorly. Riley felt useless and chose to do that horrible thing. But yeah... I just like them is all.

And like Kay said, they weren't given much time to develop. Not many fans allowed it, which is why they got rid of him

~ Carla
Old 05-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Megs*
I was recently watching the eppisode where Riley came back with his wife, and it made me sad, wasn't a big B/R shipper but it was still sad that he had moved on so quickly.
I know what you mean.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Addicted Fan

And you know, looking at those pictures of the two of them, they are probally one of the more normal looking couples on the show!
Old 05-08-2006, 12:52 AM
Elite Fan

I enjoyed Buffy and Riley's relationship.
Old 05-13-2006, 01:42 AM
Total Fan

Blessage
Old 11-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Master Fan

I was watching S4/S5 recently... and it made me nostalgic for Buffy and Riley. You know, I really did enjoy BA when they were together, but I had no problem with Riley. He was what she needed. She needed someone normal.

Also, that scene of her screaming his name, as he's flying away in the helicopter, broke my heart.

I think I liked that Riley seemed to have the best of both worlds. He was human, but also had that dark edge to him. He loved her, clearly, and I wish they would have given them more time. I would have liked Riley to stick around even if Buffy had left him.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread