Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

Anti-Bangel

Anti-Buffy/Angel Thread
Because it's good to know that when the chips are down and things look grim, he'll feed off the girl who loves him to save his own ass.

Banner by Sweetie

Made by TulieMajulie7

Buffy/Angel (Bungel) Opponents

1. Suzanne Evans
  2. Scythe (Jen)
  3. Platelet
  4. starlightMint
  5. Hypergirl9897
  6. Luckystar23
  7. jengarnerfan (Elisha)
  8. Love Everybody
  9. *Sweetie* (Jen)
  10. ROCKSTAR
  11. Beep103
  12. Redwillow
  13. Special_K
  14. Slayer*fiend
  15. Kamini Kamna
  16. LivingDeaddoll
  17. SassyDaydreambeliever
  18. Denise
  19. Switch
  20. ~annie~
  21. MiseryLovesCompany
  22. Juliette_K
  23. algernonsidney
  24. Yoda-Mira
  25. Tyeshia
  26. Eddy
  27. kylara
  28. PollyZ
  29. BuffyRules03
  30. BuffyX
  31. Doogie
  32. Andysgirl
  33. xallyx
  34. mistakency
  35. DarkB
  36. Krissyk77
  37. DawsonsRealJoey
  38. Kid Vicious
  39. Shortstuff
  40. ~Melody~
  41. Skizzie
  42. Bloody Awful
  43. missdini
  44. Oz Lover
  45. VampireVixenV
  46. Cloudburst2000
  47. Flamegirl
  48. DaeDae
  49. xextremex
  50. Gwenster
  51. *~SpikesLilAngel~* (Marisa)
  52. Geniey2k
  53. katesarama
  54. marajade21
  55. taterbug
  56. progirl
  57. buffster&spikey (Neta)
  58. ~*satine*~
  59. Cati
  60. JanineW
  61. Eye of Botox
  62. **Jessica**
  63. Jay_10
  64. Jonnys Girl
  65. glory fades
  66. HollyDolly
  67. nirvana1
  68. Lil'Mims
  69. The Pea
  70. GoddessGlory_2001
  71. Mithvingiel
  72. Frelling Talk
  73. goldenpuppies at heart
  74. fictionfan
  75. faeriefolk
  76. SunShy
  77. elrithiel
  78. Devoted
  79. Sparked N' Ensouled
  80. .*.~.Laura.~.*.
  81. Spike's sunflower
  82. Sir Fireboard
  83. Egyptian Pixie
  84. WillowTaraPhoebe
  85. Bheryandcherry
  86. BabeWithAttitude
  87. sum1
  88. Willow_Witch
  89. Jaime Bee
  90. LittleMisfit
  91. ~Taylor~
  92. SydneySummers
  93. That Zeppo Girl
  94. xmag
  95. Charisma_Lover
  96. that_70s_gurl101
  97. Silver_Sparkle
  98. antisocial
  99. Biznitch
  100. Cite des Anges
  101. MarstersAngel (Jennifer)
  102. Cordy Chase
  103. Spuffy4Life
  104. PetiteMiel
  105. Eternal Love
  106. Dazzling
  107. Tarhiliel
  108. *SheLovesOrlando*
  109. CanonsAreWorthless
  110. racerkatbat
  111. B/Slover
  112. Erika J.
  113. Crack of Doom
  114. MissGranger
  115. Vamps Bite
  116. Delirious Belle
  117. AuntEverest
  118. lilmnx04
  119. Natz
  120. Andrea D
  121. ~Catrina~
  122. randomalien13
  123. Miela
  124. LaneKent
  125. catastrofetotalmeu (Sophie)
  126. Jaxx333
  127. GirlyGirl2004
  128. portkey00
  129. Aphrodite77
  130. Buffy_Bloody
  131. JBOO46
  132. Tru Davies
  133. obsessed_aussie
  134. HermionePotter
  135. Stand by me
  136. GREATSHOW...
  137. wisherwasher
  138. Claire&CharlieFan4eva
  139. Childe of the Daywalker
  140. Peter Parker: Spider-Man
  141. missy7280
  142. The_Buffinator
  143. innocent_bystander
  144. MyBlueBaby
  145. mild toxicity
  146. TeeVee
  147. Spikes Angel
  148. MirkwoodPrincess
  149. Spike Punk
  150. Rainstorm18
  151. SYLER
  152. Monique19
  153. Lemariz
  154. Anique
  155. cuemypulse
  156. Enisy
  157. ~Acid Faeries~
  158. I_Love_JennaJameson
  159. 4brathan&brucas
  160. NikaDawson
  161. amy2345
  162. lunas borednow
  163. Adie010
  164. Wynter
  165. Lisa07
  166. TulieMajulie7
  167. Jackie85
  168. not of this earth
  169. ML4Ever
  170. 4biddenluv
  171. ||michelle||
  172. silviq
  173. Sugarlicious
  174. tootyfnfrooty
  175. NBalways
  176. lauriedavis
  177. jewel5
  178. starryeyed15

POETRY

Sweetie

wilywiccan
Statutory

A young slayer turned seventeen
she staked a few vamps
then had one steal her virginity

It's a bad time on your first lay
it's a "yes" regretted ten minutes too late

Isn't it statutory? Don't you think?
A little too statutory. Yeah, I really do think

It's two hundred pounds on your petite frame
A rib or two that feel like they'll break
A horny vamp you should've staked

Her cherry popped, it's illegal

A selfish vamp was afraid to satisfy
So she closed her legs and kissed her libido goodbye
She faked it the whole damn night
Why was stamina part of her birthright?
And as he tried to push her head down
she thought, "I hope that's not lice"

Isn't it statutory, don't you think?
A little too statutory, yeah I really do think

It's two hundred pounds on your petite frame
A rib or two that feel like they'll break
A horny vamp you should've staked

Her cherry popped, it's illegal.

**Jessica**
B/A is real gross
It's putrid and disgusting
Like moldy jell-o

Scythe
She was so young
he in no need of a lung
but then there were tongues
the whole thing was no fun.

Cloudburst2000
I'm a paedophile
Let's date for a while
Sleep with me
Little girlie
I'll lose my soul
When around the bed we roll
I'll hunt you and your friends
Then get sent to hell in the end
I'll come back soul and all
But off to L.A. I will haul
'Cause I can't sleep with you
What else is a horny vamp to do?
I'll come around now and then
To kiss you again and again
And then say
"Sorry, but we can only be friends"
For this is twu luve, I say
Even though I'm really gay.
Hmm... maybe Wesley will come out and play.

Lil'Mims
The B/A Show (to the tune of Itchy & Scratchy)
"They kissed,
we gagged,
poked our eyes out
and we screamed.
It's so bad, oh so baaaaad!
The B/A bleh bleh Shooooooooooooow!"

LivingDeadDoll
Eternal Lollipop (from Angel's P.O.V.)
You took my breath away when I first saw you
And if it would beat, you would make my heart stop.
I knew you were my true soulmate, my one love
Watching from the bushes as you sucked on a lollipop.
Oh, if I only I could be that cherry-sweet confection
Gliding along your adolescent tongue with ease.
Some may cry "Molester!" or call me Woody Allen,
But I need your love, I'm begging on my knees.
My cookie-dough sweetheart, my jail-bait lover
Kiss me now, but please don't tell your mom
She'll try to stop you from giving me your love,
But I do so want to take you to your senior prom.
I adore you with all of my undead, eternal being
When you're laying in my arms, my world's at peace.
I could spend eternity making love to you, my dear
Just lie about your age to the police.

and

Lover, Too Late (Angel's P.O.V.)
I loved you within every inch of my soul
You brought me into the light
To flee unforgiving night
Where the darkness would swallow me whole.
You told me that from you I needn't hide
You are everything good
While alone you have stood
And I wish I could be by your side.
I would have stayed by you, using any means
Lover, don't grieve
But I have to leave
Because Wesley looks better in jeans.
I thought I was straight - I guess I was wrong
I found out the truth
That I was a fruit
When I first saw Spike in a thong.
You are so beautiful, a goddess as Venus
You were my love
My one turtle dove
It's just too bad you don't have a penis.

Our Purpose: To let Joss know that not everyone supports B/A... Oh and to let everyone else know that B/A suck a lot.

Rules: The only rule here is to not support B/A. Also, we don't bash any other couple here but B/A. There are threads for other couple bashing. Anyone who doesn't support B/A is welcome to post. Trolls, however, are NOT welcome.

Over This -- a clique for those who have gotten over B/A and are more than ready to move on.

Past Tense -- the official B/A Hatelisting. Go join!

Coming to Terms and Moving On
Buffy: What was the highlight of our relationship? When you broke up with me or when I killed you? Finally Buffy's realized her and Angel weren't the end all be all of relationships.

Joss Whedon, the man himself in the Chosen commentary, said that Buffy and Angel left their relationship in that graveyard during the "bone" of a scene where Buffy compares herself to cookie dough. But hey she did say "years, if ever". What does that mean about the B/A relationship? It's dead and buried. The end. MOVE ON!

Anti B/A Quotes

David Boreanaz

David Boreanaz: Buffy's pretty much out of the picture. They've played their storyline and that's just the past. Buffy's just the past.
Inteviewer: I'm a Buffy/Angel fan. Sorry.
David Boreanaz: You're forgiven. No, I'm just saying that the two shows are on different networks and it's not gonna happen. There's no more story there for those two. Buffy isn't Angel's priority anymore. In Season 1 and 2 of our show, she was always in the back of his mind, well, now it's all about the baby and Buffy is just, well, she's just a person he used to know.
Inteviewer: Awww, come on! The story there was so incredible.
David Boreanaz: And like every good story, it came to an end. And then started over. On. Different. Networks. (again with the emphasis)
Inteviewer: Is Angel going to hook up with Cordy?
David Boreanaz: Well, I'm all for it. I don't know what the writers have planned in that regard, but I'm a fan of Charisma's work and I'd love for our characters to be romantically involved. Cordy is really what Angel needs, I believe.

I'm not generally in favour of "reunions" because there is no reason to go back. It took a lot to get me to do Buffy. At one point I really didn't want to do it, but as a favour to Sarah I did it. (Ninemsn.com.au (March 14, 2004)

I only want to go forward in my life rather than backwards. Reunions don't sit comfortably with me and it took a lot to get me to do Buffy. (Dreamwatch Magazine #118)

When people say they wish [Buffy and Angel] were still together, I tell them if that were the case there wouldn't be any growth for both characters.

David Greenwalt:

Angel and Buffy have both moved on. Angel realizes this season that he had moved on from Buffy before she died. It's only natural. It was a first love, and that's where it will remain.

Greenwalt said that he had reservations about pairing Angel with someone other than Buffy but that Whedon wanted to go ahead with Angel and Cordelia. "He was, like, 'People move on. You have to move forward all the time,'" Greenwalt said. "What I do like about the show is that it does keep changing and we are full of surprises. And people do come and go as in real life... People fall in love and people move forward.

The star and the executive producer of "Angel" have three words for the fans of the show who are up in arms over the budding romance between Angel (David Boreanaz) and Cordelia (Charisma Carpenter). Get over it. Accept the fact that Angel and Buffy (Sarah Michelle Gellar) are not going to get back together. Not only have the characters moved on, but the shows are on different networks now. "If you actually saw these two characters get back together, it would be so different... it probably wouldn't even work," Boreanaz said. "It would be like getting together with your first wife," added executive producer David Greenwalt. "It would be a nightmare." On the other hand, there definitely is something going on between Angel and Cordelia. "There's definitely love a-bloomin' there. She is not yet aware of her feelings toward Angel, but Angel has become somewhat painfully aware that he has feelings toward her."

Jeffrey Bell:
My thoughts are that Angel is an adult. I think he and Buffy have come to a place, and you got a sense of this near the end of Buffy, where they were thinking, "We love each other, but the way things are now it ain't gonna work out. We're adults, so let's move ahead with our lives." (Angel Magazine)

Question: If you see David Boreanaz at the Fox party, ask him if there's any chance of a Buffy-Angel Reunion Movie.
Ausiello: It's been well documented that the Big B detests talking about his vampire past, but I bit the bullet and asked him anyway. Although he didn't come out and say it'll be a cold day in hell before he takes part in such a project, it was heavily (and rather uncomfortably) implied.

Joss Whedon:
In terms of the Angel thing, the truth is that by Year 4 we would have been throwing up our hands going, "How can we possibly make this fresh?"

Question: Are Buffy and Angel ever going to get back together?
Marti Noxon: As for Buffy and Angel, they have their own shows now. Angel is doing well in the ratings and gaining a following of his own. I think they've moved on. I mean, I was also broken-hearted when they went their separate ways -- but let's face it. There wasn't a whole lot more for them to play out. She dies, he almost dies, he goes to Hell, he comes back. Remember when David and Maddie got together? Or Sam and Diane? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The Ultimate B/A Parody

Why is this the "ultimate parody" of the B/A relationship? Because this parody comes directly from the episode "Fredless" from Angel so we did not make it up. And that is what makes it so ultimate, because even the show's writers were making fun of the B/A ship. And kudos to JanineW for posting this scene.

Fred: "So - now that she's alive again, are they gonna get back together? Angel and that girl with the goofy name?"

Wes: "Well - Fred - that's a difficult question. I think it's fair to say - no. Not a chance, never, no way, not in a million years, and also 'nuh-uh.'"

Fred: "But you said he loved her. And of course she's gonna love him back, because he's so strong and handsome and he really listens when you talk. I-I mean, if you go for that sort of thing, why wouldn't it work?"

Cordy: "Let me break it down for you, Fred."

She steps away from the reception counter and pretends to be Buffy, overdramatic voice and actions.

Cordy: "Oh - Angel! I know that I'm a Slayer and you a vampire - and it would be impossible for us to be together - but!"

Gunn laughs at Cordy's act.

Wes: (standing up) "But!"

Cordy turns to look at him. Wes pulls his glasses off and lays them to the side.

Wes: (pretending to be Angel) "My gypsy curse sometimes prevent me from seeing the truth. Oh, Buffy!"

Cordy: "Yes, Angel?"

Wes: "Oh, I love you so much I almost forgot to brood!"

Fred watches wide-eyed. Gunn is laughing.

Cordy: "And just because I sent you to hell that one time doesn't mean that we can't just be friends!"

Wes grabs a hold of Cordy's wrist.

Cordy: "Oh!"

Wes: "Or possibly more."

Cordy: "Gasp! No! We mustn't."

Wes pulls Cordy close.

Wes: "Kiss me."

Cordy: "Bite me!"

Wes bends Cordy back over his arm and pretends to sink his fangs into her neck.

Angel: (off screen) "How about you both bite me."

Bangel Parodies by the always awesome Yoda-Mira
and let's thank Cati for offering to host the parodies on her site after the first links died

Parody #1

Parody #2

Parody #3

Parody #4

Parody #5

Parody #6

Parody #7

Parody #9

Parody #10

sum1's parodies:

Parody of BTVS Season 1 episode Angel:

Buffy faces off against Angel, crossbow aimed at him.

Angel: Hey, don't shoot! I'm a vampire with a soul! Well, most of the time. Sometimes, it pops out and I have to pop it back in again.
Buffy: A vampire with a soul? How lame is that?
Angel: I know, it's really depressing. Why do you think I spend all my time brooding? It's much more fun when it pops out. Then I get to say nasty things and make fun of people.
Buffy: Ooh, scary.
Angel: But I didn't bite your mom, that was Darla. I drink pig's blood, not human.
Buffy: Pig's blood? Gross! And so totally uncool. And I know you didn't bite my mom. She could have beat you up easily.
Angel: But then why did you smash me out the window? Why the crossbow?
Buffy: Do you have any idea how bad that kiss was?

This one's inspired by what Angel said in IWRY about B/A: "It's more than confusing, it's unbearable."

Angel: Uhhhhh...
Buffy: What?
Angel: I'm too soulful to tell you.
Buffy: We've got a communication barrier.
Angel: Yeah, we can't understand each other at all.
Buffy: We just stand around with stupid expressions on our faces and say stupid fake sounding things and there's no connection whatsoever.
Angel: And no chemistry. I mean chemistry like romance chemistry, not science chemistry. But you knew that...
Buffy: So what's our relationship all about?
Angel: Beats me. Maybe it's about brooding? Or being depressed or something? I know a lot about that stuff.
Buffy: It's confusing.
Angel: It's more than confusing, it's unbearable.
Buffy: Wow. We must be really in love.
Angel: Tragic.
Buffy: Forbidden immortal love.
Spike: Sodding hell, I think I'm going to barf.

Parody of BTVS Season 7 B/A reunion:

Buffy: "Are you going to show up and go all Dawson on me every time I have a boyfriend?"
Angel: "Ah hah. Boyfriend."
Buffy: "He's not. But... He is in my heart. Well... really, he is my boyfriend, but I'm not supposed to admit it on the show."
Angel: "That will end well."
Buffy: "The show? I doubt it. It seems to be turning into a real mess. I mean, look at this stupid reunion..."
Angel: "Well, yeah... why do I have to come all the way from LA just to hear you going on about cookie dough?"
Buffy: "Hey! That wasn't my idea! They made me say all that stuff!"
Angel: "You think that's bad? You should hear some of the stuff we have to say on my show!"
Buffy: "So? We've had all sorts of nonsense here. Theres's been a concerted effort to mess up my relationship with Spike. It's like he's not politically correct or something."
Angel: "Well, I was so much better for you, anyway. I'm the Champion, after all."
Buffy: "Riiiight. At least Spike cares. He loves me. And I love him. But I'm not supposed to say so." (Looks around nervously for B/A shippers.)
Angel: "Heeeeey! We had a great relationship! I mean, remember the sex?"
Buffy: "What was the highlight of our relationship... when you broke up with me or when I killed you?"
Angel: "Uhhhh... when I broke up with you. I mean, that was good. I really liked it when you got all broken up about it. That was fun. You're real funny sometimes, you know?" (Points finger at her and laughs.)
Buffy: "You didn't like it when I killed you?"
Angel: "Uhhhh..." (scratches his head) "not really."
Buffy: "Well, I sure did."

Buffy in Wolfram and Hart:

Buffy arrives in Wolfram and Hart. She wanders around, looking for anybody she knows, and sees Angel. He's standing in a dark corner, talking to himself. His back is turned to her.

Angel: I'm a vampire with... without a brain? No, that's not it... without a soul? No, with a soul? What's the difference? Hmmmm. The difference is... I've got a soul and I'm depressed about it. That's it! I'm depressed.
Buffy: Angel?
Angel: Leave me alone! I'm brooding!
(Pulls a mirror out of his pocket - he stubbornly refuses to admit to himself he doesn't show up in it.) I'm called "Angel" because I look like one. (Checks his hair.) Do I? (Grimaces gloomily into the mirror, then turns around to Buffy.) Do I look like an Angel to you?
Buffy: You look like you've too much time on your hands!
Angel: Are you baked?
Buffy: Baked?! What sort of kinky question is that?
Angel: I mean, like... cookies.
Buffy: Huh? Are you feeling alright? Too much sun? Well, artificial sun. Or whatever.
Angel: I mean, like in our talk before Spike blew up Sunnydale.
Buffy: Oh, that. I wasn't serious. Just joking with you. Little bit of pre-apocalyptic humor, you know?
Angel: But but but you said maybe...
Buffy: Yeah, maybe. It's called a polite brush-off. You didn't really think I'd get involved with a guy who sits in the corner all day brooding about his soul and his hair? Been there, done that. I'm not a kid anymore. Maybe you should grow up too.
Angel: But but but... I'm the champion!
Buffy: Funny, the way I remember it, it was another vampire with a soul who sacrificed himself to save the world. Where is he?
Angel: Spike?! You want to see him?!
Buffy: Of course not, I'm looking for The Master and I want to ask him out on a date! Of course I'm looking for Spike! Who else? Really, Angel you can be quite stupid at times. Well, most times.
Angel: Spike's not here! He never showed up here and he hasn't been hanging around here and he hasn't been driving me up the wall! Really, he isn't here! I'm telling the truth! I am! Would I ever lie to you?
(Enter Spike, sauntering over confidently.)
Spike: Well, look who's here! If it isn't the Slaaaayer!
Buffy: One of the Slayers.
Spike: Oh, yeah, the Slayer mass production thing. Assembly line and all that. But there's only one Slayer for me.
(Buffy and Spike walk off together, leaving Angel behind, throwing a tantrum.)
Spike (whispering): Am I supposed to keep sodding pretending I think you don't love me?
Buffy (whispering back): Only as long as Angel's listening. We don't want him to tell certain people out there that I love you. Top secret. It's all about avoiding World War 3. I mean, apocalypses I'm ok with, but world wars...
Spike: Oh, of course! Let's go someplace depresso-hair won't find us.
(Exit Buffy and Spike, arm in arm.)

Buffy finds out about Angel having sex with Eve on ATS:

Buffy: You were having sex with somebody called Eve? Who did you think you were? Adam?
Angel: Adam? As in the biblical guy?
Buffy: (sarcastically) No, as in the demon cyborg under Sunnydale U!
Angel: Huh??!
Buffy: That was Season 4. You weren't there. I mean, except when you were stalking me or beating up my new boyfriend. For my own good, of course. Adam was a bit like you. Big and dead, lots of ego, not a lot of charm. But smarter.
Angel: You were going out with him too?!
Buffy: Are you crazy!!!
Angel: But you were going out with that other robot guy - Wiley or something.
Buffy: Riley!! And he wasn't a robot!
Angel: Coulda fooled me.
Buffy: And he wasn't dead. Adam was dead.
Angel: But I'm dead.
Buffy: Not enough.

Parody set sometime in the future:

(Buffy, older and wiser, is training a class of apprentice Slayers.)
Buffy: "Okay, you get your stake..."
Apprentice: "Steak?! But I'm a vegetarian!"
Buffy: "Stake as in wooden, not meat!"
Apprentice: "Oh..."
Buffy: (to class) "And you stick it in the vampire's heart."
Apprentice: "Where's the heart?"
Buffy: (muttering under her breath) "God, why me?"
(The phone rings in the next room.)
Buffy: (to apprentice) "Get that, will you?"
(Apprentice runs and gets the phone.)
Buffy continues with the class. A while later, the apprentice returns.)
Apprentice: "There's a guy on the phone for you. He says he's a vampire with a soul."
Buffy: (brightening up, excited, enthusiastic) "A vampire with a soul?!"
Apprentice: "Yeah. He kept going on about how he's a champion and he helps the helpless."
Buffy: "Oh, that jerk! Tell him I'm not here."

In memory of Cordelia:

Angel: My show got cancelled! Waaaaaaaaaaa!
Spike: It's your own bloody fault.
Angel: But I'm the Champion! It couldn't be my fault!
Spike: Get over yourself, you wanker. The Powers That sodding Be must have been p!ssed about the way way you find it so easy to forget the woman you're supposed to be in love with.
Angel: Which one?
Spike: That too.

Used Titles (Buffy forum):
  • Because Angel and Buffy moved on.
  • Because when they kiss we ALL wanna die.
  • Not a chance, never, no way, not in a million years, and also nu-uh.
  • Buffy and Angel reunion? That should be boring.
  • Because the reunion was so funny we laughed all week *points and laughs*
  • Because even Joss was mocking them.
  • Because we can't look at cheese the same way again.
  • Buffy and Angel forever? For their sake I hope not.
  • Angel: "I don't get you." And we've been saying that how long?
  • Enoughy with Anuffy!
  • Because we grew up, and so did they.
  • Transcendent? More like transparent.
  • Because it falls under the 8th amendment-no cruel or unusual punishment.
  • "How's if ever? Does if ever work for you?"
  • Angel: "That's great. It's nice -- you moved on."
  • See this number, Angel? That's the legal age.
  • Buffy *WHINE* Angel *BROOD*
  • "When you kiss me, I wanna die" and that's a good thing, how?
  • Buffy didn't have time for him even when it was the end of the world.
  • Angel's kiss was so bad that Buffy ran straight into Spike's arms.
  • They'd be like an arranged marriage. They barely know each other anymore!
  • Because Angel spent months at the bottom of the ocean and Buffy didn't care!
  • It's so bad it's funny.
  • David Boreanaz on Angel's true love: I think that question has really yet to be answered.
  • Bye Buffy, love you, thanks for the sex!
  • Buffy was unable to say "I love you" to Angel.
  • Five conversations in five years. Now that's communication.
  • Highlights of this ship... when he broke up with her and when she killed him.
  • David Boreanaz: I'm not in favor of reunions because there is no reason to go back.
  • She didn't know or trust him (Sanctuary) and she still doesn't. (Damage)
  • As Joss said, Buffy sent Angel away because Spike is the person in her life.
  • Because he could be dust for all she cares.
  • Buffy has Angel breath? Maybe she should get some tictacs.
  • Because he got her in bed then tortured her and her friends.

Used Titles (Angel forum):
  • Because I need some water to down all that cheese.
  • B/A = Boring Angst
  • Because Buffy has no desire to be with Angel.
  • Joss on "Chosen": B/A left their relationship at the graveyard.
  • Forever just got a hell of a lot shorter.
  • Death, tears, and abandonment. Sounds like a healthy relationship to me.
  • Angel only has eyes for Buffy... oh and Cordy, Darla, Gwen, Eve, Nina...

Title Suggestions:
  • Buffy isn't the most beautiful woman he's ever seen, Cordy is.
  • Because we're sick and tired of the constant whining.
  • Their relationship was nothing but fantasy.
  • Because their "love" couldn't transcend their need for sex.
  • Because they always look constipated when they're together.
  • We think IWRY is forgettable and so does Angel! (Not Fade Away)
  • Because Angel doesn't even know the color of Buffy's eyes
  • David Boreanaz on B/A: There's no reason to go back.
  • If Angel loves Buffy, why was he pining for CORDY for two seasons?
  • Because B/A is so sacred Joss replaced Sarah with a stunt double for the kiss!
  • Because she doesn't want to be with him and is not sure she ever will
  • She smiled more at Wood than at Angel whom she hadn't seen in almost 2 years
  • B/A never fought-shagged-hated and neither did they stay in love.
  • Because love can fade and B/A are proof of that.
  • Because he laughed at her pain. How exactly is that love?
  • Because she can't be bothered to write a letter or make a brief phone call to him ever.
  • Angel is only truly happy when Buffy is giving him orgasms!
  • Because she'd rather be with the Immortal. The Immortal!
  • Because fixing a pipe was more important than seeing him post-resurrection.
  • Because the Immortal's enjoying cookie dough right now, not Angel.
  • A senior citizen falling in love with a 15 year old is romantic? Try creepy.
  • When fire's raining down on Angel's head, Buffy's thinking of Spike.
  • When he was missing for 3 months she didn't have a care in the world.
  • Because nothing says love like apathy
  • Angel is only truly happy when Buffy is giving him orgasms!
  • David B. said Buffy is out of the pic, she's just the past for Angel
  • David B. said Buffy isn't Angel's priority anymore
  • David G. agrees BA have moved on.
  • David G. says Angel moved on before Buffy died.
  • David G. agrees BA was just first love and that's where it belongs!
  • They're adults and it's time to move on- Jeffrey Bell
  • DB agrees they aren't the same people and won't work now
  • Didn't realize being a pedophile was sexy
  • If they were meant to be then why did Buffy tell him to leave in Chosen?
  • First love does not equal forever/true love.
  • Angel never knew the real Buffy, he saw what he wanted to see.
  • Minding raping someone doesn't spell true love
  • Because we want Buffy to have more than their freak show too Angel.
  • Because he was ok! Losing her didn't kill him, he could deal.
  • "Could you contemplate getting over yourself for a second? There's no us."
  • "Look, Angel, I moved on."
  • Because a series of unfortunate events led to their doomed romance.
  • Because it's good to know that when the chips are down and things look grim, he'll feed off the girl who loves him to save his own ass.

Highlights of the B/A relationship

1. When he broke up with her
2. When she sent him to hell
3. When he almost drained her to death
4. When she shot him
5. When they punched each other in the face over Faith

TEN REASONS WHY B/A SUCK

1) Because he's an old man who has stalked Buffy since she was only 15 years old. 300 year old Angel "falling in love" with Buffy while he watched from a darkened van as the young girl sucked on a lollilop, was not romantic but disturbing!
2) Because he acts like her father sometimes. He even arranged to have her memory wiped, without thinking to ask her permission, for "her own good." Romantic partners should respect each other to make their own decisions.
3) Because Angel's happiest moment was banging Buffy. Spike's happiest moment was simply holding her.
4) Because when they had a major disagreement, they couldn't hold back from punching each other in the face, even though they were both souled and sane. (Sanctuary)
5) Because they make promises/vows to each other they can't keep:
- "Forever" -> "If ever" after only a couple of years
- Angel vowed in "Amends" he'd lay down his life for hers. He got his chance in "Graduation Day" and what did he do? He chose to risk her life to save his own ass.
6) Because they're dishonest with each other:
- Angel pretended he gave up his humanity for Buffy's sake, that keeping her safe was of utmost importance to him. Riiiiighht. If her life was so important to him, he wouldn't always be busy when she's facing an Apocalypse.
We don't buy that Buffy can "take care of herself" when it's the End of the World but she can't protect herself against Monster of the Week!
7) Because they're not each other's first choice:
- Angel finally gave her the chance to be with him in "Chosen" and she passed it up! She told him "years, if ever" and went back to explore her relationship with Spike.
- Then after she lost Spike, she passed Angel over AGAIN, this time for the Immortal.
8) Because Buffy doesn't love Angel anymore
- Love starts with caring and Buffy has shown consistently over the last couple of years that she doesn't care whether Angel is dead or alive:
-Because she doesn't bother to keep in touch with him, not even by letter or phone once in a while.
-Because if the reason they don't keep in touch is because it's too painful to be reminded they can't be together, how careless and selfish is that?! The pain of being reminded is more important than the possibility of saving the other's life? They both know they're not invincible and could need each other's help one day.
-Because she didn't notice when he went missing for THREE MONTHS... when she wasn't even preoccupied with anything. She was just enjoying her summer and training Dawn.
-Because when Angel was rotting at the bottom of the ocean, Buffy was concerning herself over Spike's injuries (Lessons)
-Because when fire rained down on L.A. which is NEAR-BY so Buffy must have known, she didn't bat an eyelash of concern.
-Because when the First came back in Season 7 (the same villain that nearly caused Angel to commit suicide in Season 3), it never occurred to Buffy to warn or worry about Angel.
-Because if she loved him, she would have shown a bit of joy/excitement when he finally decided they should be together (Chosen). Instead she looked evasive and uncomfortable.
9) Because Angel doesn't love Buffy anymore:
- He's always too busy when she's facing an apocalypse.
- The one time he came to help, it was ONLY after he dealt with his own problems and had nothing else to do.
- He dreamed of making love to CORDY, causing him to experience perfect happiness and lose his soul. Buffy was just the afterthought, a painful memory of the last time he lost his soul.
10) Because not being able to have sex and kids shouldn't have doomed their relationship.
- Angel should have sought a permanent soul. Spike fought for his, Angel made no effort.
- In real life, there are couples who can't have sex for whatever reason (one partner has a disability, HIV etc.) and they stay together, sacrificing sex and natural kids. Why couldn't B/A, if they had a "transcendent love", make such a sacrifice?

by Tarhiliel:

]

"I'll never leave. Not even if you kill me."
But in reality he did.

by Devoted
You know, the only thing I saw that was the same and consistent in regards to Bangel during "Chosen" was that in the end Angel left. Either Angel or Buffy always walk away from one another. I guess that's the criteria for being forever, true love, and soulmates: Abandonment!

How many times does this make it?
1. Graduation pt 2. (Angel broke up with Buffy and left town for her own good)
2. Pangs (he secretly checked up on Buffy and then left)
3. I Will Remember You (not only did he make the decision to not be with her, he erased Buffy's memory of that day)
4. Santuary (he told Buffy to leave his town and that she doesn't know him anymore)
5. Yoko Factor (he came and apologized, she said she loves Riley now, and then he left)
6. Forever (he stopped by to console her over Joyce's death then left... FYI: I heard this was the lowest rated episode during Season 5... and they had promoted Bangel big time)
7. Sometime after Flooded they meet for the first time after Buffy has been resurrected (off-screen meeting, they both start new relationships very shortly afterwards)
8. End of Days/Chosen (Buffy tells him to leave because she already has a champion. FYI: These were among the most hyped episodes ever.
Many magazines, including TV Guide, featured Buffy on their cover and the promotion was almost exclusively B/A focused; the grand reunion of the star-crossed lovers! The result? Ratings dipped for the first episode of the two-part finale, End of Days, and Chosen's ratings were lower than episodes earlier in Season 7. What happened to all the people who wanted to see Buffy and Angel reunited?)

Did I miss anything? Just for the record, Angel and Buffy have known each other for 7 years. During the last two years they have had almost no contact. How many times have they left each other? 8 times in 7 years... Do the math!

by Eternal Love

Spike

- earned his soul for Buffy (Grave)
- gave his undead life for her (Chosen)
- the happiest moment in his life was just holding Buffy in his arms (Touched)
- cried more than anyone when Buffy died (The Gift)
- loves her with and without his soul
- has never left her

Angel

- didn't want a soul
- has never given up his life for her
- will risk Buffy's life for his own (Graduation Day)
- happiest moment with Buffy was when she was giving him orgasms
- never cried over Buffy, even when she died
- felt guilty that he wasn't very broken up about her death
- doesn't love Buffy without his soul
- has left her numerous times thinking it was for the best even though he never asked her

I guess if you're a teenager, I can understand the concept of, whatever is forbidden and dark, may be enticing to you.

But I think if Buffy had to deal with it in an everyday kind of situation, like if she and Angel actually managed to get together and stay together, reality would hit and the attraction would fade.

It's kind of what I was talking about when it was proposed Buffy get together with Angel for Christmas.

I mean, honestly, can you image Angel sitting around with Dawn and Buffy decorating the tree and having a fun old time? First of all, let's just try to imagine Angel having a fun old time, which in itself is an impossible thing to grasp.
I mean, even as a Spuffy fan I'm not saying that Spike is any more qualified to be Mr. Normal-Holidays and Dinners and all that crap. But one thing you can say about Spike is that he knows how to take it easy. He knows how to have a good time and LIVE (metaphorically speaking).

Angel, he just can't seem to manage to do that, and I think someone like Buffy, who also has this huge Hero thing going on, needs to be around someone who can actually enjoy himself and who fits her personality a bit more.
The brooding. The inability to crack a joke or laugh or enjoy himself truly. After a while, mysterious and dark becomes a bad thing. The romantic fantasy fades and reality sets in. And it's just not that attractive.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzling (View Post)
I mean for me you could actually SEE the change. They gave Bangel "I Will Remember You", it was a parting gift to their fans. But their real closure was in Santcuary/The Yoko Factor.. where on both ATS and BTVS.. you see Angel and Buffy admit they aren't apart of eachother's lives and more over things weren't all that great between them sometimes and they should move on.
Agreed, they couldn't have made it any clearer. It's RIGHT THERE in the freakin' dialogue for heaven's sake.

Quote:
the season opener of Season 3 was all about Angel realizing he had moved on and could live without Buffy. It's pivitol to realize that it changed.
I liked that Season 3 really established a family unit for Angel. He had his work, and his colleagues became close friends who were there to back him up and look after his son. That whole "can only achieve true happiness with Buffy" theory is total crap because I'd honestly never seen Angel happier than when he was with them.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 11-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Extreme Fan

I have to comment that I've actually seen people who have said that Angel on ATS isn't the "real" Angel and he's completely OC. How ridiculous!!

Angel was on BTVS for 3 seasons, and he had a small amount of time on the show in which we barely knew his character, except in assocation with Buffy.
Angel had his own show for 5 seasons and that entire time was about WHO ANGEL was and what his journey was. There was no real Angel until his damn show happened, before that it was "What happens with Angel AND Buffy next?" or maybe in Season 2 "Ohh what will Angelus do next?"

Sorry it's just hilarious to me that some thing that Angel is only the real Angel when he's on BTVS, seasons 1-3.

Buffy loves Spike
Old 11-22-2008, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzling (View Post)
I have to comment that I've actually seen people who have said that Angel on ATS isn't the "real" Angel and he's completely OC. How ridiculous!!

Probably the same people who chose not to watch the show and see how it benefitted his character in the long-run.

No of course, let's stay in this frozen time-zone where it's early season 2 and Bangel are all lovey-dovey and la la la all trodding through the daisies with each other and totally lacking in character development and in the honesty department... Yeah, great idea.

OOC? The only time that applies to was when he was all loved-up and 1-D around Buffy. Where the hell was his personality??
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 11-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Angel never had personality in BTS.he was just Buffy's love interest.If he wasn't a vampire whit a soul the fans whouldn't have idealized their love.Most of them prefer Angel and want to think that Angel is Buffy's true love because he was the furst vampire whe fell in love whit.If he was a human they wouldn't have been so interested in Bangel.Some Bangel fans even say that if Buffy and Angel were normal they would have been together.Yeah,right.

Veritas Temporis Filia
Old 11-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Extreme Fan

I agree on that one point. I had a hard time understanding how Buffy was his one moment of true happiness. When Angel never seemed happy with her. Never really laughed, opened up and talked to her about much. There was a lot of distrust and mixed signals. Angel was constantly trying to keep her at bay.

Then you look at ATS, Angel finds a purpose in life, a mission, he finds friendship, his own family, people actually make him laugh and loosen up. Angel developed.. I have never been a number one Angel fan. But boy did I appreciate the character so much more when we saw him in a more three dementional way. Not just some mysterious guy who drifts into the shadows and breaks Buffy's heart every other week.

No, he became a guy who had a really murky past, he had connections with other people. He had a child, and loved that child more then anything,.. at least that I saw. I never saw Angel so happy as he was after Connor was born and he was trying to get to know him, or when Connor came back older and he wanted to connect with him, or hell when he did absolutely everything to give Connor a better life. I mean lets face it, I think he went the distance for Connor, Cordy, and the rest in ways he never did for Buffy.

Ya know he actually STUCK around and faced the problems. He didn't run away.

And I think Cangel was similar to Spuffy in that. You could see that Cordelia was not one to take things too seriously and she balanced Angel out. She also understood Angel a hell of a lot better than Buffy.

And if you think about it, where Buffy was constantly hurt because no matter how hard she tried and wanted it, Angel wouldn't really open up to her on that level. Angel willingly gave that trust and intimacy to Cordelia.

Buffy loves Spike
Old 11-22-2008, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT

Agree on every point.
Oh Lord have you walked away? Have you walked away from me?
///Icon///
Old 11-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Let's just say Buffy and Angel did get that so called ride into the sunset moment.

What then?

Can amyone imagine their everyday life together? Do they know eachother?
Buffy isn't a girl anymore. Angel has his own life, his own way of things. Could Angel make Buffy laugh, Is Angel on Buffy's level at all?

I just can't imagine them being on the same level, enjoying a conversation, a day in the life.. being comfortable together.. they just don't get one another anymore.. hell have they ever?

Buffy loves Spike
Old 11-23-2008, 01:48 AM
Passionate Fan

I totally agree whit that.It would never work because not only they are in love whit another people but because they don't know each other.Never did.But obviosly Bangels think that this is their journey and they will come back together again because they have changed.If you ask me this is stupid.

Veritas Temporis Filia
Old 11-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silviq (View Post)
I totally agree whit that.It would never work because not only they are in love whit another people but because they don't know each other.Never did.But obviosly Bangels think that this is their journey and they will come back together again because they have changed.If you ask me this is stupid.

Totally agree with you there.

They were never on each other's level from day one. Then the ducks or denial Bangels want them to end up together yeh in what world do they live in besides denial and insanity.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Sometimes I just love to remind all of us why Buffy and Angel just .. suck.

Buffy: I was just thinking wouldn't it be funny some time to see eachother when it wasn't a blood thing. Not funny ha ha.

Angel: What are you sayin', you wanna have a date ?

Buffy: No.

Angel: You don't wanna have a date?

Buffy: Who said date? I never said date.

Angel: Right. You just wanna have coffee or somethin'

Buffy: Coffee?

Angel: I knew this was gonna happen.

Buffy: What? What do you think is happening?

Angel: You're sixteen years old. I'm two hundred and forty one.

Buffy: I've done the math.

Angel: You don't whjat you're doing, you don't know what you want...

Buffy: Oh, no I think I do. I want out of this conversation

Angel: Listen if we date you and I both know one things gonna lead to another

Buffy: One thing already has led to another. You think it's a little late to be reading me the warning lable?

Angel: I'm just tryin' to protect you. This could get out of control.

Buffy: Isn't that the way it's suppose to be?

Angel: This isn't some fairy tale. When I kiss you, you don't wake up from a deep sleep and live happily ever after.

Buffy: No. When you kiss me. I want to die.

Buffy loves Spike
Old 11-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That last line. Just what a person wants to feel, suicidal when being kissed
///Icon///
Old 11-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikaDawson (View Post)
That last line. Just what a person wants to feel, suicidal when being kissed

Besides the utter melodrama.

Look at what Angel says to her..

"You are 16, I'm 141.."

"You don't know what you're doing or what you want.."

" I'm trying to protect you, this could get out of control.."

Here he is, putting up the defenses, right? Keeping her at bay, protecting the young girl he thinks doesn't know her own mind, whose too young and he's too old for her and he wants to make sure nothing gets out of control with his naive girl..

8 Episodes Late He Has Sex With Her.

So I guess, him being 241, her being what newly 17, her being too young, him being too old, her not knowing what she wanted or what she was doing.. him not wanting for any of it to get out of control.. that changed in 8 episodes?

Spare me.

Buffy was right on one thing It was a little late for Angel to start reading her the warning lables. Hell he admits he fell in love with Buffy at first sight, then he goes and starts hanging around her , she has the normal response and HE pushes her away and tells her not to fall for him and she's to young, naive and ect..
And that's true.. and I think at the time Buffy was emotionally unready for Angel.. then Angel should have stayed the hell away to begin with.

Buffy loves Spike
Old 11-23-2008, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He treated her like a kid till sex came into the equation.
///Icon///
Old 11-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikaDawson (View Post)
He treated her like a kid till sex came into the equation.

I think he treated her like a kid afterwards too. He had this "I know better" attitude.
He was the superior, older guy who knew stuff. Buffy was the quorky smitten girl who in his eyes was way in over head with him. And maybe he wasn't wrong. But if that was the case, he should have made decisions before things started, if not in season 2, definitely in season 3 after the entire Angelus thing.

He waited until Prom, when basically everything we as an audience knew and Angel and Buffy knew from the get go.. and suddenly Angel was like "Woah new information" and I'm like "Duh where have you been, hasn't that always been the case, if this is a big problem, why are you breaking up with her about it now, these were always the issues"

Immortal, can't give her kids, older than her, can't have a so called normal life ect..

Always the issues and suddenly after getting back together with her in season 3 and the entire Angelus hell, he just up and says "Oh yeah those are our problems, lets go our seperate ways."

Never got that.

Buffy loves Spike
Closed Thread   Post New Thread