Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2004, 12:58 AM
Master Fan

Angel episode discussion: 4x01: Deep Down

Wednesday, August 25th @ 5pm(ET)
"Deep Down" TV-14-DLSV, CC
As Fred and Gunn search for Angel, Wesley continues his affair with Lilah and conducts his own, more fruitful, search.

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Karbear3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

I'm watching right now! I love this episode.

Wesley: "I'll take away your bucket"

And he wasn't even facing her.

Wesley kicked major ass in this episode.
~*Magical*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 01:48 AM
Total Fan

Totally !!!!
It was because of this episode and Wes that I'm a fan of "Angel".

Ok... this episode and "Spin of the Bottle". My friend make me watch this two episodes and then I was addicted in the show

Livejournal
Fred Pryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

DEEP DOWN

The Good;
Wonderful to see Fred and Gunn as Connor's surrogate parents during the summer, would love to see that in the comics sometime. Love Fred's attempts to speak 'street' especially Gunn's little look when she says 'Word'.
The Bad;
The vamp Fred and Gunn confront gives them the info they want then tries to attack them anyway, please!
Best line:
Gunn; "2 coats of polish"
Jeez, how did they get away with that?
Fred is pretty vicious with the old taser! Also Linwood get's 'headhunted' WR&H style
Apocalypses: 5
Angel Cliches
Inverting the Hollywood cliche;
In disguise; 8
DB get's his shirt off; 12
Cordy's tatt; 10
Cheap Angel;
Fang Gang in bondage: Connor tied to the chair
Cordy: 5
Angel: 12
Wes: 6
Gunn; 4
Lorne; 3
Fred; 2
Connor; 1

Fang gang knocked out: Connor and Fred
Cordy: 12
Angel: 15
Wes: 5
Doyle; 1
Gunn; 1
Lorne; 3
Groo; 1
Fred; 1
Connor; 1
Kills: 2 vamps for Fred, 1 for Gunn and 2 for Connor
Cordy: 5 vamps, 3½ demons
Angel; 41 vamps, 57 and 1/2 demons, 7 humans
Doyle; 1 vamp
Wes; 12 demons+3 vamps, 2 humans
Kate; 3 vamps
Faith; 16 vamps, 6 demons, 3 humans.
Gunn; 11 vamps+ 11 demons.
Groo; 1 demon
Fred; 3 vamps
Connor; 4 vamps and 1 demon
Fang Gang go evil:
Cordy: 2
Angel: 2
Gunn; 1
Wes; 1

Alternate Fang Gang:
Cordy: 2
Angel: 8
Fred; 1

Characters killed:
Recurring characters killed;
8;
Total number of Angel Investigations:3
Gunn, Angel and Fred

Angel Investigations shot:
Angel: 11
Wes; 1
Packing heat;
Wes; 6
Doyle; 1
Angel; 2
Gunn; 1

Notches on Fang Gang bedpost: Lilah and Wes
Cordy: 4 ?+Wilson/Hacksaw Beast+Phantom Dennis+Groo
Angel: 5; Buffy, Darla and The Transcending Furies
Wes; 3; Virginia, the bleached blonde and Lilah plus possibly Justine?
Gunn; 1 Fred
Fred; 1 Gunn
Groo; 1Cordy

Kinky dinky:
Lilah appears to wear no bra. Wes keeps Justine as a slave girl, do they have sex? Lorne says give fluffy enough love, Fred wonders does he mean Gunn or some part of her?
Captain Subtext;
Fred flatters Gunn that he's the Alpha male of AI. Despite being his slave Wes won't make Justine feed Angel from herself, he knows that would cross the line after losing her sister. When Angel get's back Gunn tells Connor to stand by for his spanking. Connor warns the gang that Angel will turn on them which he will.
Goodbye to Justine who will change her identity, move to San Francisco and embrace her inner lesbian.
Know the face, different character; 4
Parking garages;
Guantanamo Bay;
Buffy characters on Angel; 16
Wetherby, Collins and Smith. Angel, Cordy, Oz, Spike, Buffy, Wes, Faith, Darla, Dru, The Master, Anne, Willow and Harmony
What the fanficcers thought;
Read a pretty good one once where Justine discovers she's pregnant with Wes' twins and goes off to rebuild her life.
Questions and observations;
Hell of a long teaser, if you hadn't been following the series you'd be utterly lost. Note that whilst Wes is back at the AI dinner table there's no Groo? AI are almost broke, either Angel must subsidise the agency with his private income or they must spend all their time looking for Angel and CC. Vamps can exist indefinitely without blood but they go mad with hunger. Lilah mentions Mr Subarto, did she actually meet a senior partner? Do Buffy and co know about Angel's disappearance? Oddly this summer is probably the best time Connor ever has, he has 2 loving parents and a fairly normal life (as normal as it can be working for AI)
Marks out of 10; 7/10
saturn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Oof, this episode was hard to tell which were Angel's hallucinations and which weren't. It must have been awful for him. I loved the opening scene with everyone sitting at the table enjoying dinner along with Wesley. I wish that would be a thing to come true!

I do hate time jumps between seasons. There's so much to explain what has happened in three months. I love that Gunn and Fred are trying to keep Angel Investigations going by themselves, along with keeping an eye on Connor and looking for Angel.

Wesley bedding Lilah again?! But then he has Justine all locked up and he's been looking for Angel too. I love how he gets Justine to help him find Angel. Has Wes just being playing Lilah...he's still not his old usual self. It's sad, he may be still awesome after having saved Angel not to mention giving him his blood, but I miss the old Wesley before all this happened.

Interesting season opener. Wow, Lilah literally sliced Linwood's head off.

I said I was tired of Lilah and Wolfram and Hart 2 seasons ago. Can we please have a new big enemy asides from what we had in Holtz last season? I guess with just S4 and S5 to go it was here to stay. But man, it just gets same old same old with those guys.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Not much chance of getting rid of W&H. I got a bit tired of them too, to be honest.
Old 04-24-2024, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

The real villain everyone should have fought