Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2004, 04:10 PM
Master Fan

Angel episode discussion 3x21:Benediction.

Monday, August 23rd @ 5pm(ET)
"Benediction" TV-14-LV, CC
Holtz insists that Connor rejoin Angel; Justine learns Holtz is back; the Groosalugg realizes the depths of Cordelia's feelings for Angel.

Airing on tnt

Twilight -- 12/12/2008
Karbear3916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 02:34 AM
Master Fan

My favorite scene in this episode is the club scene. I love that scene so much. From Lilah and Wes's interaction to Angel and Connor's fight with the vampires. My most favorite part is when Wes and Lilah are looking on in the fight. Wes has a certain look, like a almost wanting to go down there and help Angel -look on his face and then Connor comes running in. Lilah makes her comment about how he almost looks like... and Wes finishes "his father".

I would have loved to see more of what Wes thought of that scene. He risks his life to missguidedly save Connor's life only to inadvertenly help get Connor kidnapped and his throat slit in the process, followed by almost being killed by a long time friend because of that friend's rage of what Wes had done. And then, while he is abandoned by all friends and out of the loop, suddenly he sees Angel in a club fighting with... a grown-up Connor. I wonder what was going through his mind?

I can't stand to watch the ending of that episode. What Holtz and Justine did really makes me sick. And it was the beginning of the downfall for Connor and Angel's relationship. Which upsets me because I always wanted something more out of their relationship.
~*Magical*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

So, Holtz's last piece of vengeance was to have Justine kill him in a way that made it look like Angel killed him? That letter made it seem like Holtz had finally found his peace and truly wanted Steven/Connor to go back to his real dad. But apparently not.

I felt sorry for Groo. He can see that Cordy is in love with Angel and not him. I loved the scene with him and Lorne talking about it.

I'm still not sure how to feel about Cordy's new glowing power. It seemed like a 'quick fix' to Connor when he attacked her when she told him that she willingly chose to be part demon. And it didn't really work all that well anyway, 'cause he's still going through some issues.

Last edited by livstevi21; 03-23-2024 at 07:55 AM
livstevi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

All considered, Holtz was pretty bloody vengeful.