Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2017, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah she had a hard time.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 12-07-2017, 03:05 PM
Elite Fan

Which made it believable I think
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Old 12-08-2017, 02:00 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Reasons Dawn Summers is a Beautiful Person: an Essay

She made cookies with Giles and then they gossiped about boys.

She learned ****ing Sumerian in about three months. Like, there are about three people in the world who know Sumerian, and Dawn Summers is one of them.

“If you hurt my sister again, touch her, you’re gonna wake up on fire.”

She once berated Buffy and Joyce for not being sufficiently familiar with Harry Potter.

I like to imagine that Dawn and Tara thumb-wrestling outside of a crime scene was a pretty common occurrence. And if the Scoobies were taking a particularly long time, they would upgrade to I Spy and 20 Questions.

It’s hilarious to me that she was the only person that noticed Spike’s obvious crush on Buffy. Although I actually think that Dawn is quite observant and perceptive when it comes to people.

“Anchovies, anchovies, you’re so delicious, I love you more than all the other fishes.”

Conversations with Dead People is pretty much a showcase for how awesome and brave she is. She fights for her loved ones as passionately as Buffy does.

She totally knew about Buffy being a slayer way before Joyce did, and would help cover for her when Joyce got suspicious.

Buffy and Dawn’s relationship was the most compelling and beautiful relationship on the show, and no one will ever convince me otherwise.

The whole point of this post was to be positive, and not defensive, but seriously, this character is wonderful and funny and sweet, and she DOES NOT DESERVE YOUR HATE.
https://mybitca.tumblr.com/post/1681...erson-an#notes

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com
Old 12-09-2017, 12:07 PM
Elite Fan

I certainly approve of this post
Old 12-09-2017, 03:09 PM
Absolute Fan

Same. I love how pro-Dawn most of Tumblr is.

Old 12-10-2017, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

There's definitely a squad out there for her now
Old 12-10-2017, 06:41 PM
Absolute Fan

I never disliked her and used to mainly just belong to the Spuffy fandom (who, to my knowledge, is mostly pro-Dawn and like the Spike as Dawn's dad/protective big bro trope) so I was shocked when I discovered how much hate she got.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:52 AM
Elite Fan

Same here A lot of people on other boards I used to frequent had a lot of anti-Dawn bouts all the time. Tumblr and on here is quite a bit different
Old 12-16-2017, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

I like Dawn too she and Buffy are great sisters.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 12-17-2017, 09:58 PM
Elite Fan

I think too many people are turned off to her at the beginning of Season 5, and that dislike filters into the remaining seasons
Old 12-22-2017, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I do feel like the writers mishandled some parts of her story, but she still doesn't deserve that hate that she gets

prev. fairytalesam
Old 12-31-2017, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

So true Sophie. Dawn was such a lovely girl.
Old 12-31-2017, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

She was, I would love to see what she's like now that she's all grown up too - I imagine she takes after Buffy in a lot of ways
Old 12-31-2017, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like to think she does
Old 01-01-2018, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Loved the scene in the gifset at the end of Season 6.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread