Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-22-2011, 10:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrathanSupporter (View Post)
Agreed with Charles/Martha.... Tony and 'whatever her name was'...was her name mentioned? I forgot it. lol...but yeah I just didn't know what to think much. Also I didn't warm up for Jack/Audrey in Season 4.

I'm starting to think that maybe I don't warm up to the pairings who are already dating and we don't know how they got together....I think I like seeing how the pairings got together. ...probably that's it.
I think it was either Kara or Cara or something like that...

Yeah maybe- I might be the same- specially as Kim/Chase and Jack/Kate are my favourites...
Old 09-24-2011, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well Kim and Chase started off screen.....Jack/Kate is one I don't understand. never seemed romantic to me...I think it was just how everything was written in Season 3, just messed them up.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well Kim and Chase started off screen.....Jack/Kate is one I don't understand. never seemed romantic to me...I think it was just how everything was written in Season 3, just messed them up.
They were definitely written in a romantic way!
Old 09-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I just didn't feel it much.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

Fair enough, even though thats different from saying it wasn't written like that
Old 09-27-2011, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It doesn't seem like it was though.... probably Season 3 is clouding my judgement....the only scene between them that seemed a bit into to romance category is that one scene at Kate's house....
Old 09-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It doesn't seem like it was though.... probably Season 3 is clouding my judgement....the only scene between them that seemed a bit into to romance category is that one scene at Kate's house....
What about the moment at the Warner house where he told her not to blame herself for Marie? What about the exchange of looks when Kate saw Jack was flying the plane? What about the fact she was the one he rang when Kim needed help? I'm extremely puzzled
Old 10-02-2011, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Still didn't seem romanctic to me. they just didn't have that vibe for me. I didn't feel it ...but they were cool together.....I suppose. I actually thought Claudia had a more romantic vibe ...with Jack then Kate. ...well J/C had more of the forbidden one and J/K had more a friendship one...to me.

As I said, I think it was the way everything was written in Season 3.
We can think differently on it cause everyone won't always agree with everything but I just wasn't feeling it.......I enjoyed a little bit of their moments though.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Elite Fan

All I'm saying is that there is a difference between what the writers had in mind when writing the characters and whether you were feeling it. I think the writers wrote Jack/Kate in a similar way to Tony/Michelle but because the latter's romance took off in such a big way, it overshadowed the Jack/Kate romance.

But yeah we can all have different opinions
Old 10-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It was nothing to overshadow. Jack/Kate were no existent in Season 3. I think it was the writing, if they wrote Jack/Kate a bit better then we wouldn't be having this discussion...I mean look at how many people loved Jack/Audrey? it was the way they were written. I didn't ship them but a lot of people sure did and then it was Jack/Renee.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It was nothing to overshadow. Jack/Kate were no existent in Season 3. I think it was the writing, if they wrote Jack/Kate a bit better then we wouldn't be having this discussion...I mean look at how many people loved Jack/Audrey? it was the way they were written. I didn't ship them but a lot of people sure did and then it was Jack/Renee.
I was referring to Season 2 though- Jack/Kate were written as potential lovers, Tony/Michelle werent. Difference is Tony/Michelle evolved once Carlos/Reiko's chemestry developed early on. Maybe it was because Tony/Michelle was a natural development and Jack/Kate was written and therefore maybe not as successful? I'm just speculating...
Old 10-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Probably so.....Jack and Renee, I wondered if they were planned? I enjoyed them. lol I enjoyed both Jack and Kate as characters but didn't see much as a couple but they did have their great scenes, won't lie about that.
Old 10-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Elite Fan

I think its an accurate comparison- Jack/Renee in S7 and Jack/Kate both have their similarities...
Old 10-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh I don't see it.
It just seemed like Jack and Renee in Season 7 were great out on the field together but they wouldn't get together.... she had judge some of Jack ways of doing stuff but she had to see for herself why Jack is the way he is. With Jack and Kate...not good field partners. they were written to have that romance vibe and she really seemed to trust Jack right off the bat and he trusted her....

I don't see the comparison....
Old 10-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Elite Fan

Guess the point I was making that certainly in your eyes they both came across as close friends rather than lovers in S2 and S7 respectively...