Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-06-2004, 04:49 PM
Master Fan

Day 3: 5:00AM-6:00AM, Episode 317 Discussion

Day 3: 5:00 AM-6:00 AM
60 mins.

The link is found between Jack and Saunders, who makes his first demand of Palmer; Jack uses a legal loophole against a new witness; Michelle lobbies to ease the pain of the infected. Tomlinson: Simon Templeman. Diana: Gabrielle Fitzpatrick. O'Laughlin: Michael Cavanaugh. Alvers: Lothaire Bluteau. Saunders: Paul Blackthorne. Phillips: Doug Savant. Gael: Jesse Borrego.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

This show, coupled with Alias, are the only shows that get to me like that. This episode was great. I'm going to miss Gael, and I can't believe it's a 100% mortality rate - they can't kill Michelle off now that I love her. They just can't.

I liked them tying in MI-6 and foreign intelligence. Sorry, I'm crazy about spy shows/movies... I'm just obsessed.

I knew the Drazen thing would come back and haunt them. And the ultimatum... I've always hated Chappelle and wanted him dead, and the writers are just too good at this... by making us finally (semi-) like Chappelle at the end when he gave Tony permission... and now they're threatening to kill him off. This show is so good I hate it. Kidding, of course.
Old 04-06-2004, 08:22 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by fallfromgrace:
<STRONG>This show, coupled with Alias, are the only shows that get to me like that.
</STRONG>
WORD. Duuude same here. Nothing else gets me this excited.

Amazing ep. Once agian I was blown away. These past 2 eps have been insanely good!!

Chapelle is so freaking toast. Not to say i'm upset. He is annoying. His talk with Tony tonight really got me hating him. Telling my man to act as if she if already dead. pssh forget that.

Poor Gael. Loved his character. So brave. And his dying moments with Michelle were just heartbreaking.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah Boreanaz:
<STRONG>

Telling my man to act as if she if already dead. pssh forget that.</STRONG>

Am I the only one who thought Chappelle was right? Chappelle is an ass, but he kinda has to be, with his job. He IS trying to protect a nation, and sometimes collateral damage is inevitable. If Michelle is gonna die anyway, it IS in the best interest of the United States for Tony to focus on his job, instead of boo-hooing over the fate of his wife. He told Tony that he could leave, if he couldn't focus on his job, and I don't think he would've held it against Tony if he had left.

At the begining, when the wife (I'm assuming it was his wife, anyway) of the guy Michelle shot told Michelle "You were supposed to protect him!" I actually shouted at the TV "No. She's supposed to protect a nation!" I get so annoyed by people who think that every death is tragic. There is no telling how many lives Michelle saved by shooting one guy who couldn't follow simple directions. The way this country works, his family will probably sue CTU. *sigh*

The previews for next week's episode looked good. I wonder if Jack is gonna shoot Chappelle. Last season he walked into CTU and shot that guy in cold blood, so we know that he's capable of it.

--Mark Twain
Old 04-07-2004, 11:07 AM
Master Fan

Last night was just awesome!

One thing I didn't understand though. Why bother testing when it was going to take 2 hours for the results. Gael died shortly therafter and the others weren't more than minutes away when it comes to exposure. They'd be dead before the test results came back.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:27 AM
Banned

This really was an excellent episode. Excellent.

One, I was sad to see Gael die. I'm glad that Michelle was with him in the end.

Two, I agree with Superhero about Ryan Chappelle. I've noticed that Chappelle, for once, has been right about a lot of things, this season. He has been coming off as more intelligent and less of a bastard. And with this development of his character, I hope that Jack, Chase and CTU will save his butt.

I bet, for once, that Jack is really glad he had Chase by his side.

Did anyone notice that the actor playing Saunders bears a striking resemblance to Julian McMahon of "Nip/Tuck" and "Charmed"?
Old 04-07-2004, 01:38 PM
Master Fan

This is getting more and more interesting.

I like the fact that they linked this season's plot somehow to season 1 through Drazen and the events that took in Kosovo.

I really hope Michelle is immune to that virus cause it'd be hard to have to see her die when she's such an awesome character.
Ugh, that woman who yelled at her at the beginning of the episode. Did she even know that her husband tried to save his ass when he panicked, leaving her in the hotel? The guy didn't even have a single thought for her.

I knew Michelle would offer her gun to Gael. I even thought for a short time that she would shoot him to make it all stop. Poor guy.
Two hours is a long time to know the results! Gael died in less than two hours so they'll all know about their fate by the time the results are out.

THe president's storylines are way more interesting when they don't involve a girlfriend or an ex-wife of his. Yet, I don't like watching Palmer being whipped like that by Saunders. I hope CTU will find something to prevent Chapelle's death.

Speaking of Chapelle... I didn't like the way he expressed it, telling Tony that he should consider Michelle like she's dead, but he's right. Remember how Jack told Michelle that she had to make a choice between being head of CTU and wife when Tony was shot? Chapelle told Tony the exact same thing, but in a worse way.

I must have missed something but I'm still wondering what the phrase 'the sky is falling' has triggered. I don't think it was the operation on MI-6 but I might be wrong.

Anne
Old 04-07-2004, 02:20 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by StellaSlight:
<STRONG>Speaking of Chapelle... I didn't like the way he expressed it, telling Tony that he should consider Michelle like she's dead, but he's right. Remember how Jack told Michelle that she had to make a choice between being head of CTU and wife when Tony was shot? Chapelle told Tony the exact same thing, but in a worse way.</STRONG>
I didn't see the episode yet, but I wanted to comment on this because I can see your point. What Jack and Chappelle both said was similiar, in their context and "meaning", for lack of better word, but how Chapelle expressed it obviously made him come off looking like an ass and cold-hearted.
Old 04-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by StellaSlight:
<STRONG>
Speaking of Chapelle... I didn't like the way he expressed it, telling Tony that he should consider Michelle like she's dead, but he's right.</STRONG>
Yeah I agree.

I just love Michelle, and Tony, so when Chapelle said that to Tony at first I was annoyed. But I suppose he is right.
Old 04-08-2004, 04:15 AM
Passionate Fan

I liked how the whole storyline's linked to the Drazen mission, cause S1 storyline was the best. And I'm still wondering what the hell happened to Saunders to make him turn to the other side.

Nooo, I've always adored Chapelle! That guy is just way too good! I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I've always liked the character. He's not an unsensitive bastard, he just lacks tact and that's why I love him. I swear to god if they kill him off, I'm gonna be hella pissed!

Same goes for Michelle. I don't have the previews here, but is it possible Tony brings the suicide capsules himself to the hotel ? Hope so, we could get some non cellphone T/M interaction! Michelle so has to hang in there, don't wanna see her nose bleeding!

Gael! RIP! Sooo brave. Him not wanting to take the gun to stay true to his beliefs was [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] not that I'm religious or anything, but had I been in his place, I so would've blown myself up.

Lena, well if people are immune, then they can get out of the hotel. Maybe the way they've been exposed matters, so they won't die so quickly given the fact the virus didn't blow up in their face. I don't know...

I like how the show is becoming less Jack-centered. I adore Kiefer but it's nice to see others be in the spotlight. And no pointless Kim, whooo, that feels nice [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

About Palmer, will Wayne ever agree with the President ? It's aggravating how he always has to question Palmer's decisions. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

ETA - heee, Sarah, your avatar's neat [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 04-08-2004: Message edited Eyecatcher ]
Old 04-08-2004, 06:36 AM
Passionate Fan

I thought it was a little weird that MI6 has a building in LA. But that's just a nit pick.

WOW excellent episode. I also like Chapelle and I hope he does'nt get killed off even though this is probably the first time he's getting a storyline. Same goes with Michelle. She should be out on the field not stuck in the office.

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Old 04-09-2004, 12:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

MI6 has a building in LA?

I can't wait for the next episode! I've not reached this episode yet, but we Brits are getting there! lol.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:31 PM
Master Fan

Maybe it was strange that MI6 had a whole building (if that was the case), but intelligence often has offices around the world, I'm sure.