Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-18-2015, 06:39 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, but I'd say Season 8 had fewer shocking moments in double the time. Season 9 at least had Heller (Shocked me at least), Cheng returning (Shocked everyone but me ) and Audrey (Shocked Matt), plus Margo dying in such a fashion that surprised everyone.
Old 05-18-2015, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The only two things that really shocked me for Season 8, was the bomb in the hospital and Margot falling out of the window. Cheng return was shocking as well...
Old 11-06-2015, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

3x07 ending is shocking.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
3x07 ending is shocking.
Yes x100!! One of my all time favourite... I may compile my top 10 cliffhangers....
Old 11-06-2015, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
Yes x100!! One of my all time favourite... I may compile my top 10 cliffhangers....

That would be amazing! no matter what though, I know Nina's gotta be #1.

If I think right from the back of my mind.

1) Nina (Season 1 reveal)
2) Logan (Season 5 reveal)
3) Alan York reveal.
4) Edgar (Season 5 sadness)
5) Air Force One shot down Season 4
6) Jack forced to kill a person during Season 3 and really going through with it. The really going through with it shocked me.
7) I just gotta put the whole Season 5, Tony, Michelle and David Palmer... really writers...

I'll leave it out there from now, and remember I'm just choosing from the back of my memory. lol
Old 03-28-2016, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was surprised they killed President Palmer. I loved his relationship with Jack during the first season, and was shocked when they assassinated him. Kept watching thinking the show was going to pull a switch or have him show up with a bullet proof vest sometime. But no.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
I was surprised they killed President Palmer. I loved his relationship with Jack during the first season, and was shocked when they assassinated him. Kept watching thinking the show was going to pull a switch or have him show up with a bullet proof vest sometime. But no.

I was as well.
I was so in shocked that I really didn't believe it was real... it was like one of those moments where you are like, is this real life here?

It did set up for the best season of the series, it's just upsetting it was at David Palmer's expense.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

It did set up for the best season of the series, it's just upsetting it was at David Palmer's expense.
It really turned out to be one of the better seasons. I really loved it, and forever sad that we lost President Palmer.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It really turned out to be one of the better seasons. I really loved it, and forever sad that we lost President Palmer.
Same here!
I loved the season but we lost so many characters in the season. It started getting more on my nerve as the seasons went along. I felt the killing off countless characters went a bit overboard.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Same here!
I loved the season but we lost so many characters in the season. It started getting more on my nerve as the seasons went along. I felt the killing off countless characters went a bit overboard.

Absolutely since it's the relationship bonds that happen during the 24 hours that matter. Trust is earned during that time and killing off characters cheapened the emotional payoff as a fan. It was too much that season.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

Absolutely since it's the relationship bonds that happen during the 24 hours that matter. Trust is earned during that time and killing off characters cheapened the emotional payoff as a fan. It was too much that season.
Yes I definitely agree, and I think that's why after Season 5, the show sort of declined because other than Jack Bauer, there was really no character to connect with. All the characters that people connected with was dead.

Luckily Chloe turned to a great character.
Old 06-04-2016, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The audience lost all the people they became emotionally attached too over the course of the series.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah and I can understand. For me, I think Season 5 was the last time I got emotionally attached to any character. I just knew they were going to die for shock value so it was really no point.
Old 07-15-2016, 05:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah and I can understand. For me, I think Season 5 was the last time I got emotionally attached to any character. I just knew they were going to die for shock value so it was really no point.
I think a lot of that was the lack of new characters who deserved emotional attachment... Certainly for me- with the exception of Rene (Who tbh I was just waiting to be killed) and Kate, the new characters weren't anything special apart from the villains who have a short shelf life anyway...
Old 07-15-2016, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree with you with Renee! I really enjoyed her character and found her death is ridiculous. I feel when her death happened, I wasn't sad or anything, just like, "really writers?????" was it really needed.

Of course as you know, no death on this show will ever frustrate me more than Curtis.