Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-20-2004, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

24 Season 4 New Day and time slot

According to new Fall lineups announced this week.

Fox is moving 24 to Mondays nights at 8pm

from http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/
For its fourth season, FOX moves "24" to 8 p.m. on Mondays, where it will be used to draw viewers to the new drama from "The O.C." creator Josh Schwartz. Tentatively titled "Athens," it focuses on the contentious social dynamic in a fictional New England college town.

Well as a mega Wrestling fan and a fan of Fear Factor I see I will have no choice at 8pm Monday nights but to watch 24. Nice segway 24 then right into Raw on Spike !
Old 05-20-2004, 05:27 AM
Master Fan

MattB2K- Thanks for the info. I also read on
"http://www.ctusecure.com/" that season 4 of "24" might be pushed back, premiering in January.
Old 05-20-2004, 05:51 AM
Passionate Fan

January? I thought November was a long way but January?
*sobs*

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Old 05-20-2004, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

correct i confirmed that it will not start till January of 2005
same link http://www.zap2it.com/index
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Come January, much of the reality in FOX's schedule will vanish, as the network becomes a haven for comedies, dramas and, naturally, as many hours of "American Idol" as the network can fit in. This schedule will run through May.

Sunday will begin with the self-explanatory "Kelsey Grammer Presents: The Sketch Show," before moving into "King of the Hill" and "The Simpsons." "Malcolm in the Middle" shifts to 8:30 p.m., with "Arrested Development" moving to a 9:00 p.m. slot. The new Seth MacFarlane animated comedy "American Dad" closes the night.

For its fourth season, FOX moves "24" to 9 p.m. on Mondays, where it will draw viewers from the new drama from "The O.C." creator Josh Schwartz. Tentatively titled "Athens," it focuses on the contentious social dynamic in a fictional New England college town.

"American Idol" will remain on Tuesdays at 8 p.m. and will provide a lead-in for "House," provided the medical series is still around. The "Idol" results show shifts to 9 p.m. on Wednesdays, where it will follow "That '70s Show" and the new comedy "Related By Family." "Bernie Mac" closes the night.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well here is more information on Next season .

We will get 24 straight weeks of 24 no 3 weeks off for holidays. Also several 2hr shows !!!
Zap2it Tv news web site
Uninterrupted '24' Run Begins in January

(Thursday, May 20 09:18 AM)

By Daniel Fienberg

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Regular viewers of FOX's "24" know that even if you catch every episode, figuring out where the plot is going is often a challenge. One week Kiefer Sutherland's Jack Bauer is in Mexico and the next week, Mexico doesn't matter anymore. One week Dennis Haysbert's President Palmer has a girlfriend whose husband is committing suicide and the next week she's gone, never to be mentioned again. Some weeks Jack's hooked on smack and a virus is about to take over the West Coast and then the next week, Jack's clean and sober and the virus is a secondary concern.

Throw in the programming interruptions that often preempt "24" for multiple weeks at a stretch and it's no wonder that the ratings for the award winning drama have been erratic this season.

FOX aims to bring stability back to "24" next year. The series won't return until January, when it moves into a new time period on Monday nights at 9 p.m. ET. The show will get a two-hour premiere and a two-hour finale. FOX Entertainment President Gail Berman also promises a two-hour special event episode in the middle of the season. The three instances of doubling down will allow "24" to reach its conclusion by the end of the May sweeps period.

The network's hope is that while the new time slot strips "24" of its protected post-"American Idol" hour, airing on Mondays will prevent the kind of schedule juggling that left the show on the shelf whenever "Idol" stretched to two hours. The plan is to air the entire season without a single repeat (long the "24" standard) and without a single week off (a miracle if it happens).

"'24' is appointment television and we believe that moving it to Monday, creating an event out of it with no breaks in the schedule, will enable the viewer to really get on the ride and have an event that takes you through to May with it," Berman says.

In its third season, "24" averaged 9.35 million viewers before the January premiere of "Idol." The boost from the popular talent show has only been moderate, lifting "24" to its season average of 10.18 million viewers, down by roughly a million from last season's numbers.

Except for random periods where the show has vanished from FOX's schedule for weeks at time, the network has been consistent in its support of the atypical series. In planning the new multi-tiered year-round schedule, though, executives determined that it was time to share the cushy "Idol" warmth.

"We need to make room on the schedule for new hits," Berman admits "We'd like 'American Idol' to be used as a launch pad for new opportunities for the network."

After it premieres in January 2005, "Idol" will provide a Tuesday lead-in for "House," a medical drama from "Quiz Show" screenwriter and "Homicide: Life on the Street" creator Paul Attanasio. The Wednesday results show, moved to 9 p.m., will reward veteran comedy "The Bernie Mac Show."

The move to Mondays isn't akin to being thrown to the Nielsen wolves for "24."

ok so perhaps despite the long long wait for 24 ,we need a season three box set to help stave off my 24 withdrawal then right after christmas and New Years we get all 24 all the time !!!
Old 05-20-2004, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

I'm conflicted.

While I'm upset at the looooooong wait (oh god, they better not give me a heartbreak during the finale or I dont know how I'll last), I'm liking the uninterrupted aspect and the two hour premiere/finale.

Plus, it would give the writers more time to polish and create a tight and wonderful storyline for the new day.

Are we sure it's moving to the 8 timeslot?

I'm copying and pasting directly from Zap2It.

Quote:
FOX aims to bring stability back to "24" next year. The series won't return until January, when it moves into a new time period on Monday nights at 9 p.m. ET. The show will get a two-hour premiere and a two-hour finale. FOX Entertainment President Gail Berman also promises a two-hour special event episode in the middle of the season. The three instances of doubling down will allow "24" to reach its conclusion by the end of the May sweeps period.

Last edited by *reza*; 05-20-2004 at 02:00 PM
Old 05-20-2004, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That was an era from before yes 9pm EST Monday nights. hey I am a huge wrestling fan and yes Monday night RAW on spike TV is on every Monday 9-11pm talk about conflicts .../
Old 05-20-2004, 02:37 PM
Total Fan

Too long to wait.

But the 3 2-hour eps sound awesome. I'm sure when the time comes and we get all the eps so close together than we wont be as upset.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Jan.?

Tht's not 2 long.......okay it is....but what can you expect, FOX is so busy getting ready for new shows.......I guess.......
Old 05-20-2004, 11:45 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm not a 24 fan, but I have friends who I used to watch Alias with who were huge 24 fans too. I think it's funny that we're both in the same situation since the shows are similar, especially in the way they use suspense. Well, I know that a lot of Alias fans are ticked off, so if you guys wanted to team up to write to ABC/FOX... haha
Old 05-22-2004, 10:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Although I am upset about having to wait until January for the 4th season, I am glad that they will air all episodes in a row. And a few 2 hour ep's will be nice.
Old 05-23-2004, 04:48 PM
Master Fan

It's going to be hard to wait, that's for sure. I was a little upset at first but when I thought about it, I started liking the thought more and more. See, when all the new shows start, I want to check out as many as possible before I can weed out the ones I don't want to watch. By the time Alias and 24 start, I won't have as heavy a load. Besides, I'm used to it with The Shield and they only have 13 episode seasons!

Yay to the 2 hour premere and finale too!
Old 05-23-2004, 06:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

I just hope the move to Mondays doesn't kill poor Kiefer. I think over the past 2 seasons the show has really benefited from the cushy post Idol timeslot. It could struggle but I would imagine FOX is gonna heavily promote the premire in January especially being 2 hours.

Even better if it is commercial free like the past 2 premieres.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:02 PM
Master Fan

I'm personally pretty happy about the move because Mondays are pretty boring for me. I always had tons to watch Tuesday nights and often at the same time as 24. As far as ratings go, I hope it holds up or even finds more viewers, maybe others like me who are bored on Mondays!
Old 05-24-2004, 06:24 PM
MST Manager

January is hella long to wait.

I LOVE the fact that we're going to get all 24 shows uninterrupted, though. Eeee! That kicks ass.

But... but... no more Tuesday @ 9pm? Not cool. On Mondays @ 9pm, I watch Las Vegas and Everwood.

Well, there goes Las Vegas.