Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

24 News #10:All you're 24 news /pre season 8 updates

Edit Changed the title due to a lot of 24 season 8 news coming out. Again I have edited out any spoiler parts of the casting news

Here we are just over 3 weeks from the last 24 episode . Feel free to post any and all 24 related news photos etc here . former cast members to present cast .

baby pics to hot summer bikini /shirtless hunks photos are welcome .

Anything you feel is spoiler related IE: Surprise cast returns or plot twist please use the 24 spoiler thread at the fan forum spoiler board .

enjoy have fun !!

Last edited by Logan; 11-17-2009 at 03:53 PM Reason: edit spell
Old 06-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

24 Redemption gets nomination from Television Critics award

'The Shield' tops TCA Award noms

UTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT MOVIES, MINI-SERIES AND SPECIALS
2008 Summer Olympic Coverage (NBC)
"24: Redemption" (FX)
"Generation Kill" (HBO)
"Grey Gardens" (HBO)
"Taking Chance" (HBO)
Old 06-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

http://tvguidemagazine.com/what-the-...-peek-1091.htm more information on the general plot of Season 8

Actor Mykelti Williamson is joining Fox's "24" as a regular.

On the series' upcoming eighth season, set in New York, he will play Brian Hastings, the head of CTU New York and a man of razor-sharp intellect.

Williamson recently co-starred in the Sundance hit "Black Dynamite." His series credits include "Boomtown" and "CSI: NY."

Last edited by Logan; 06-07-2009 at 09:45 AM
Old 06-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

EW.com

Suddenly, I find myself counting the minutes until 24's new season. Perhaps this is why: Katee Sackhoff is joining the cast!

Sources confirm to me exclusively that the Battlestar Galactica heroine has been tapped to play the series regular role of Dayna Pakkala, a highly respected and down-to-earth data analyst at the new and improved New York branch of CTU.

Translation: Chloe-Starbuck catfight alert!

This fraktastic casting coup hit a road block last week when Sackhoff abruptly took herself out of running, prompting me to post this blind item. But late Friday, word surfaced that the BSG badass was once again in the mix.

Here's more scoop on Sackhoff's character...

She's in a relationship with fellow agent Davis Cole (played by the just-cast Freddie Prinze. Jr.), and she apparently has a skeleton in her closet she's trying desperately to keep hidden.

As I previously reported, 24's eighth season -- which premieres Jan. 17, 2010 -- will be set in the Big Apple and center on an assassination plot against a visiting foreign leader (Slumdog Millionaire's Anil Kapoor). In addition to Sackhoff, Prinze, and Williamson, new Day 8 blood includes Kissing Jessica Stein's Jennifer Westfeldt (as a journalist with ties to Kapoor's diplomat) and The Starter Wife's Chris Diamantopoulos (as President Taylor's Chief of Staff).

Last edited by Logan; 06-08-2009 at 02:37 PM
Old 06-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread and thanks for all the latest!

Vicky
Old 06-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Offical Fox press release on Season 8

KATEE SACKHOFF, FREDDIE PRINZE JR., MYKELTI WILLIAMSON, JOHN BOYD,
CHRIS DIAMANTOPOULOS AND JENNIFER WESTFELDT JOIN THE CAST OF
“24” FOR SEASON EIGHT

Series Returns with Two-Hour Premiere Event Sunday, January 17, on FOX
Katee Sackhoff, Freddie Prinze Jr., Mykelti Williamson, John Boyd, Jennifer Westfeldt and Chris Diamantopoulos have joined
the cast of 24 for the series’ eighth season. The Emmy Award-winning drama starring Kiefer Sutherland returns for its next
astonishing day with a two-night, four-hour premiere beginning Sunday, Jan. 17 (9:00-11:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Season Eight will unfold in New York City amidst the shadows of the Statue of Liberty and the United Nations. In this new day,
CTU has been upgraded and is run by MBA-schooled and razor-sharp head honcho BRIAN HASTINGS (Williamson, “Forrest Gump”).
COLE ORTIZ (Prinze Jr.), an ex-Marine who wants to follow in JACK BAUER’s (Sutherland) footsteps, runs the division’s Field
Operations. Expert data analyst DANA WALSH (Sackhoff, “Battlestar Galactica”) collaborates with systems analyst ARLO GLASS
(Boyd, “The Notorious Bettie Page”) inside CTU. ROB WEISS (Diamantopoulos, “The Starter Wife”) serves as PRESIDENT ALLISON
TAYLOR’s (Cherry Jones) new chief of staff, and MEREDITH REED (Westfeldt, “Grey’s Anatomy”) is an ambitious journalist with
ties to the unfolding situation. Also joining Season 8, says the Reporter, is Doug Hutchison, who is known to Lost fans as DHARMA leader Horace. Hutchison will play Davros, "a dangerous European terrorist."

As previously announced, Sutherland, Jones, Mary Lynn Rajskub and Annie Wersching also return. In addition, Bollywood icon Anil
Kapoor (“Slumdog Millionaire”) makes his American TV debut as OMAR HASSAN, a Middle Eastern leader who comes to the U.S.
on a peacemaking mission.

24, created by Joel Surnow and Robert Cochran, is a production of 20th Century Fox Television and Imagine Television in association
with Teakwood Lane Productions. Howard Gordon, Evan Katz, David Fury, Manny Coto, Brannon Braga, Brad Turner, Alex Gansa,
Kiefer Sutherland and Brian Grazer are executive producers while Chip Johannessen and Patrick Harbinson serve as co-executive producers.

Tony Almeida-He's Not Dead | TonyAlmeida-HesNotDead.com

Last edited by Logan; 06-10-2009 at 11:19 PM
Old 06-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Logan (View Post)
EW.com

Suddenly, I find myself counting the minutes until 24's new season. Perhaps this is why: Katee Sackhoff is joining the cast!
OK. I'll admit I have never watched 24. I am a fan of Katee though, so am thinking about starting to watch it. I have 2 questions:

1. When does the new season start?
2. Can I just start watching with the new season or is it necessary to start from the beginning?

Old 06-15-2009, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kathy are a BSG fan ?

#1 new season begins next January .I would have you watch season 7 to understand Season 8. In fact if you started from season 5-6-7 . then Season 8 will make a lot more sense .

Season 5 was a great season ,season 6 was not so good . Season 7 was just as good if not better then season 5 .

Like when the Star trek movie came out, Paramount released Star trek movies 2-3-4 considerd the best three and help anyone non fan understand the new movie .

Season 5-6 will get you to understand Tony Almedia rage and the real start of Audrey and Jack as a couple .
Old 06-15-2009, 09:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Logan (View Post)
Kathy are a BSG fan ?
Oh yeah. Love BSG and Katee as Starbuck.
Quote:
#1 new season begins next January .I would have you watch season 7 to understand Season 8. In fact if you started from season 5-6-7 . then Season 8 will make a lot more sense .
Thanks.

I tried to find these at my local library but they don't seem to have them. So it's either rent or buy the DVDs. I kind of want to start from the beginning, but I guess I'll start with Season's 5-7. If I really become addicted to 24 I can always go back to the beginning.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Indeed you're mod at BSG. sarah is here all the time .

if you start with those three seasons it will give you a base of the current show.

Blockbuster has them not sure if Net flix has the box sets to rent >
Old 06-17-2009, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

go to Tv.com and vote for you're favorite drama and what show you think should be nominated for a Emmy. You can only pick 5 out of 14 shows listed

TV.com: Emmy Nominee Pick 'em Game
Old 06-17-2009, 01:15 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for all the news.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

always good to see you Niki !!!
Old 06-21-2009, 08:11 PM
MST Manager

Happy to be here, buddy.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

FunnY trying to get news of off Twitter from Annie wersching ..another site had her twits tweets not sure what you call it ,about first few episodes of 24 season 8 . not looking for spoilers but more of if she is 10% going to be involved in relationship with Jack