Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

24 2Hr Season Finale "Day 7: 6:00 AM-7:00 AM / Day 7: 7:00 AM-8:00 AM" 5/18/09

"Day 7: 6:00 - 8:00 am" - 8 \ 7c

**2-HOUR SEASON FINALE**
-- "24" -- (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT)

JACK BAUER'S EMOTIONAL DAY COMES TO AN END ON THE ALL-NEW TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE OF "24" MONDAY, MAY 18, ON FOX
Preview one

and Preview 2

After 22 hellacious hours underscored by the loss of innocent lives, the evil betrayal of Tony Almeida, the First Gentleman's kidnapping and shooting, a vicious siege on the White House, heroic sacrifices, a conspiracy, exposure to a lethal pathogen and an unthinkable bio-weapon attack, Jack Bauer reaches an emotional breaking point as this remarkable day reaches its climactic conclusion in the 2-Hour "Day 7: 6:00 AM-7:00 AM / Day 7: 7:00 AM-8:00 AM" Season Finale episodes of 24 airing Monday, May 18

Cast: Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer; Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe O'Brian; James Morrison as Bill Buchanan; Janeane Garofalo as Janis Gold; Cherry Jones as President Allison Taylor; Carlos Bernard as Tony Almeida; Annie Wersching as Renee Walker; Colm Feore as Henry Taylor and Bob Gunton as Ethan Kanin

Guest Cast: Elisha Cuthbert as Kim Bauer; Sprague Grayden as Olivia Taylor; Glenn Morshower as Aaron Pierce; Will Patton as Alan Wilson;Jon Voight as Jonas Hodges[RIP Jonas] Leland Orser as Martin Collier; Ryan Cutrona as Admiral Smith; Frank John Hughes as Tim Woods; Amy Price-Francis as Cara Bowden; Ravi Kapoor as Muhtadi Gohar

Last edited by Logan; 05-16-2009 at 03:32 PM
Old 05-17-2009, 01:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread Matt!

OMG season finale already

Old 05-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't wait
Old 05-18-2009, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

tonight!!!

Old 05-18-2009, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

At least ,unlike last Thursday no Game 7 playoffs . Can't take another week like last week .

Glad 24 is a longer show then most usually my last finale for the season .

looks to be action packed with emotional ending . Well at least Kiefer has said so.

I really hope Tony is still alive by seasons end. Could make for interesting Season 8 where no matter where Jack turns he understands he needs Tony for whatever major problem need Jacks attention .

I love that Kim is here and mature and looking to fight back ! Hey in season one she and Terri did what they could to fight back .

see you in about 10 hrs after the show
Old 05-18-2009, 09:14 AM
Master Fan

YAY! I hope Jack finds out about Terri.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Loyal Fan

OMG! Leland's in the season finale as well?! Last episode it felt like they'd wrapped up Martin's involvement in that storyline - I wasn't expecting to see him again. This makes me immeasurably happy!

Grissom: The best intentions are fraught with disappointment.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just a FYI even though a person is named for the episode ,doesn't mean they are in it. past 4 weeks we had Larry Moss in the cast and he is dead for about a month. although since part of the season finale involves Olivia and the recordings of her conversations about the hit he would have to be it.

24 Finale Preview! Carlos Bernard Says Kiefer's Head-Butt Case "Smells Bad" - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Carlos Bernard talks about the finale and how he has loved this season and the great reaction to the Season finale party /screening last week, Editing out non 24 remarks and a question, which he can't answer till after tonight if he will be back for Season 8 .... That would give away too much

TV guide.com

TVGuide.com: At the start of the season, did they map out for you the whole "Tony's bad/No, he's good/No, really, he's bad" arc? So you could prepare as an actor?
Carlos Bernard: Going into the season, we knew we wanted to make him "the antagonist" — I can't really get on board with the "bad guy" thing — and one of the things explained in the finale tonight is what he's up to. That being said, they have a loose idea of what the season's going to look like, but once you start writing it goes in different directions and takes on a life of its own. We went where we always thought of it going, just taking a different path than we originally though.

TVGuide.com: Of course every actor likes having a job, but did Tony's arc track for you?
Bernard: Yeah. They had come to me to come back in Season 6, and that [storyline] idea just didn't make a lot of sense. It was a little bit manipulative of the audience. But when they came to me about this season, it felt very organic. Tony's stuck in a place of a lot of anger, resentment and distrust.

TVGuide.com: Are we going to get a final showdown between Jack and Tony?
Bernard: The thing that's going to be really satisfying for fans is that we definitely get a face-off between the characters. We just screened [the finale] for, like, 1,200 people, and they went bananas. It's probably my favorite finale in the seven years.

TVGuide.com: This season has been particularly strong. Is that something the cast came to appreciate as you started filming it?
Bernard: We really did, we felt that right off the bat. The show is most effective when it's told on a very personal level, as opposed to giant events.

TVGuide.com: Right — Season 1 was almost quaint in how it was in essence about Jack, his wife and daughter.

Bernard: Exactly. It really reminded me of Season 1 in that way. You know, we're probably the only show that benefitted from the writers' strike because it gave us a lot of time to go back and redo things. We halted production a couple times to go back and rewrite scripts, at points where the show was heading in the wrong direction. There was one specific point where we shut down and I tell you, it made the season. It's expensive to stop production, but they had the guts to bite the bullet and fix it.

TVGuide.com: Is it safe to say Tony won't be coming with us to New York City next season?
Bernard: [Laughs] Well, I can't tell you that. But I think it will be cool for the show to be shooting in New York. It will be great for it.

TVGuide.com: Watching Kiefer convulse during Jack's seizure scenes gave me chills. As his scene partner, what's it like standing there, laying witness to that?
Bernard: He's pretty fantastic, and so great to work with. When we have scenes together, we know it's going to be a great day. We really push each other to new levels.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Logan (View Post)
Just a FYI even though a person is named for the episode ,doesn't mean they are in it. past 4 weeks we had Larry Moss in the cast and he is dead for about a month. although since part of the season finale involves Olivia and the recordings of her conversations about the hit he would have to be it.
Thanks for the info - I'll try not to get my hopes up too much, but as you said, with the recordings there's the potential for him to be it. But on the other hand I can see a way for them to skirt past it and not have him on the show (can you tell I've been used to Leland's character on ER being mentioned and not seeing him some weeks? lol).

Grissom: The best intentions are fraught with disappointment.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

See Below

Last edited by Logan; 05-18-2009 at 07:23 PM
Old 05-18-2009, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Such a great Ending emotional and action filled finale ! Tony lives to see another day,

His major scene with Jack was great Tony told everything of why he did what he did .

Here is recap early one from a 24 spoiler board from somebody who had the DVD early he goes into best recap for know of the ending then I could ever do leaves out the little stuff

Not doing a scene by scene analysis as it would take too long but here is the gist of it:

6AM opens with Olivia Taylor in the Telepresence Suite answering questions re: Jonas Hodges death. The President informs the sit-room that the threat isn't over referring to the group that Hodges mentioned. Moving to Jack, Renee and Tony in the Convoy, Cara gives instructions to Jack who follows. Renee asks why this is happening and Jack tells him that Tony has Kim, to which Tony replies "Jack that's enough!" Tony takes Jack to Cara, who's confused as to why Jack is with them. Tony tells her that the bio-weapon can be reconstituted from Jack and that is why he was taken. Meanwhile, back at the airport, Kim is starting to get suspicious. She notices the webcam pointed straight at her (but doesn't think much of it) and also a cut on the guy assassin's neck. The guy steps away to get some "band-aids" and calls Cara, who tells him that if he is made, he has to do what he has to do.

At the White House, Ethan arrives and Aaron tells him what is going on. Ethan accesses the recording but Olivia walks in as he's about to leave her office. He leaves and she finds the recording mechanism. She starts freaking out that she can't open it and calls security to have Ethan held. He's detained and she orders him searched and the memory card he took is repossessed by Olivia. She says that he can go and then she destroys the card. Turns out, that was a decoy card and Aaron had the real card. Ethan goes to his car and listens to the recording.

At the Convoy, backup has arrived but Tony and Cara are long gone. Renee tells Janis to reach the airline gate and send out a hidden message for Kim to come to the counter. She does and Renee informs Kim on what is going on and that the guy that was looking at her before was an agent. She realizes that the couple are the people watching her. Then she is interrupted by the guy assassin asking if things are okay. She says yea and returns to sit with them but not before stealing a pen from the counter (smart girl). The couple suspect somethings up when they see extra security and police starting to emerge and the woman grabs Kim as the guy tries to hold them back. She takes Kim with a knife to her neck as two officers close in. Kim grabs the pen and rams it into the bitch's leg, causing her to let go of Kim and take a few shots to the chest. The guy has received a bullet wound to the leg and has also taken down a lot of the cops while this is going on and is escaping. Kim calls Renee and tells her and Renee says she'll be there soon and that the guy is the only lead they have on where Jack is. She takes this information and decides to FOLLOW THE GUY. Then she loses him in the parking garage. But she finds the exit before he does and gets the security to radio Renee. The guy comes driving like a mad man firing at security who fire back and hit him. He loses control of the car, it turns, then flips. Kim notices the laptop in the back seat as the car is starting to catch on fire and the CTU analyst in her decides to go for it. She grabs the laptop as Renee catches up with her and she tells Renee that the laptop will tell them where the video feed was going.

Tony takes Jack to a little faux operating theatre where he is knocked out from a spinal fluid tap. Meanwhile Tony and Cara have a little chat about Alan Wilson. Tony wants to be included in their skype sessions and asks Cara to use her influence. Cara calls Alan who decides, okay I'll meet him but if he's a little bit off, he's dead. Jack wakes up and finds some surgical instruments lying next to him. Opportunist that he is, he takes then and kills all his good doctors and escapes. But unfortunately, when he leaves the warehouse, an alarm goes off and Tony and Cara find out and set out to find him... 6:59:57... 6:59:58... 6:59:59... 7:00:00

7AM opens with Tony finding Jack. Jack asks Tony to talk to him and Tony tells him what is really going on: Alan Wilson is the man behind Charles Logan! And it has taken him years to be trusted by the group. Jack cannot believe that Tony would sacrifice so many lives for personal revenge. Jack asks Tony if he's going to kill Wilson and Tony says no and that Jack is going to kill him, and with that, he straps a few explosives to Jack. By this time Cara has caught back up, and she doesn't know a thing.

Ethan returns to the White House, much to Olivia's dismay, and he tells her what he has heard. She asks him what he wants and he says he wants her mother to decide what should happen and that he would let her tell the President herself.

Back at the warehouse, Alan Wilson has arrived with a plethora of guards with him. No time to get to know each other because an FBI helicopter is now overhead! SWAT SUVs also arrive and there is a nice little battle where Wilson, Cara and Tony get away. Renee finds Jack and disarms the explosive and they set out to find Tony and the others. Wilson is on the phone to his men organising an extraction while Cara goes up to Tony like he's her boyfriend all happy that they got away. He's not so happy and fires a bullet into her chest. Wilson is confused and Tony charges at Wilson telling him that he stole his wife and his unborn child. He's about to pull the trigger when he gets shot in the shoulder. Jack and Renee are there. Tony crawls toward his gun, intent on killing Wilson and Jack and Renee urge him to stop. Jack takes aim like he does Curtis in Season 6 and Renee looks like she's about to fire. Tony keeps crawling and nears the gun and Jack KILLS HIM! shoots his hand. SWAT backup has arrived and Wilson and Tony are taken into custody.

At the White House, Olivia sits her parents down and tells her that she ordered the hit on Jonas Hodges. Henry urges POTUS to destroy the tape and she says she has to think about it. After, she comes back and decides that she can't destroy the tape and has Aaron take Olivia into custody. Henry is severely pissed off and won't talk to her. POTUS steps outside and has a moment to herself when Ethan walks by and says he's going. She asks him to stay and to take his resignation letter back. He agrees. She says that Henry is mad at her and he says that Henry will come around. POTUS is not so sure.

At the aftermath, Jack is being treated by paramedics and then speaks with Renee alone. She asks him how she can make Wilson talk. He says that he can't teach her because he's been doing it his whole life and that she's an FBI agent who took an oath. He says that if you take that first step, every other step is so much easier and sooner or later you'll find yourself trying to run as fast as you can in the opposite direction. Then he touches her face gently. He gets wheeled off to the hospital. Back at FBI, Chloe says that she's scheduled her debriefing for later and has an awkward goodbye with Janis.

At the hospital, the Imam from episodes 21 and 22 arrives and speaks to Jack about life and people. At FBI, Wilson is in interrogation and Renee enters the observation room with Janis. Janis says that Tim Woods is coming soon to pick up Wilson. Renee looks through the glass at Wilson with hatred. She turns and disables the video cameras and then tells Janis to get out. Janis refuses and Renee says fine and smashes the electronic exit lock with her glock and then turns it on Janis and gets her to handcuff herself to a pole. Janis tells Renee to calm down and begs her not to do this telling her that she's done her job and to stop before its too late. She says that it's insane and that its not what Larry would want and tells Renee not to dishonor Larry's death. Renee takes off her FBI jacket and takes out her FBI credentials and leaves them on the table. She enters the interrogation room and faces Wilson. Then she turns, but stops. The door closes and we don't see whether she stays in the room or decides against it because the angle is ambiguous.

Kim arrives at the hospital with Jack already in a chemically induced coma. She asks Dr. Macer if its too late to do the surgery. Macer reiterates that its experimental and that Jack doesn't want it and that there are risks but says no its not too late to do it. She says she understands the risks but she wants to do it. She says that she understands her father didn't want her to do it but now its her choice and she's made up her mind. Macer calls for a surgical suite and walks off. Kim walks into her dad's room and looks at him in a coma. Then she says, "I'm sorry, daddy. But I'm not ready to let you go"... 7:59:57... 7:59:58... 7:59:59... 8:00:00

Enjoy guys.

Last edited by Logan; 05-18-2009 at 08:53 PM
Old 05-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

WHAT? SHE WAS PREGNANT? I can't believe this!
Old 05-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope the Tony scene screaming at this Allen guy as he beats him down about killing his unborn SON with michelle is posted on you tube great stuff Best stuff from Tony since Season 4 with michelle
Old 05-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~ (View Post)
WHAT? SHE WAS PREGNANT? I can't believe this!
I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
Old 05-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Master Fan

OMG! Michelle was pregnant. And they knew it was a boy? She didn't look that far along when she died. But rewrite i guess.

So sad!!!!!!! TM+1.