Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-18-2012, 10:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The end of the "scene" with Diane.. Hee.
and K looking at her phone like 'WTH?!'

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 03-19-2012, 06:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

What a great episode!!!!!!!!!

The ending had me on edge. Loads of tension, but alot of restraint and pressure. Fantastic acting from everyone, and it was the right amount of MJF for a change.

Which leads straight into JF's return with Lana next week. Oh dear, things might get really tense and quite emotional. And yes, Kalinda looked superb, off course. I always get a kick out of scenes when she's out investingating and spying on people. LOL
Old 03-19-2012, 08:05 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BepperGirl (View Post)
Great vid, Sabrina!
Pretty much so...
The fact with Kalinda is she drops clues...Sometimes.But you wont get anywhere if you do not think critically about what is happening in the show as well as what is happening around it.
She dropped a hint in the episode about Syria.She noticed the guy was from Colorado because she saw the pillow next to him.
Do the same.Watch carefully not only the characters but everything in the background. Question everything that's being said; do some research on your own.With that and the other clue I gave you, you should be able to work out things for yourself.
Oh, and by the way, who made her necklace or who she got it from is not relevant, and neither is the brand of jacket/ boots she wears.
How do I know that?
Because she said pretty much so herself.
She's an investigator; be one.She's a critical thinker, be one.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Wow! I like the Kalinda video so much! Thank you Sabrina! Really a great job, like the editing, coloring, everything. Especially how the scenes matches the rhythm, so cool!! Awesome!!

Quote:
And interesting discussing about the necklace....a gift...interesting! I wonder if they will ever address that.
I hope they do! She has been wearing the necklace since the very beginning, it has become one of the Kalinda symbols, right? With Diane and Alicia changing necklaces all the time, I always think there is some story with K's horseshoe necklace. And thanks for the link!

Quote:
How awesomely satisfying was it to see her lose her cool a little with Alicia? About time I'd say!
But just one tiny moment, when Alicia approached to her, she was trying to avoid the awkwardness with her joke like "they were warm anyway", trying to prove to Alicia that she was fine.

I guess maybe you really don't have much choice when you face someone you really like and concern about, right? Worse when he/she is someone you feet guilty for?

I really think the beer scene is too much, felt so sorry for K when she tried twice, like "are you sure? it's open." Awwww! Poor K! Her sad face! I understand Alicia couldn't just go back like everything was normal, but.... the disgusted look on her face? A little too much IMO.

I think JM'S acting was great in the scenes when she looking at K, her body language and her look were so great, showing how hesitant she was (and a little confused, maybe confused at why was she thinking about this). When somebody yelled at her, when she felt hurt, Kalinda always was there just around the corner for her. I thought she might feel like a comfort in her life, seeing K sitting there.

Looking forward to next episode's A/K/L scene.

Last edited by RyeLyn; 03-19-2012 at 08:28 AM
Old 03-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeLyn (View Post)

I think JM'S acting was great in the scenes when she looking at K, her body language and her look were so great, showing how hesitant she was (and a little confused, maybe confused at why was she thinking about this). When somebody yelled at her, when she felt hurt, Kalinda always was there just around the corner for her. I thought she might feel like a comfort in her life, seeing K sitting there.

Looking forward for next episode's A/K/L scene.
Exactly! I think it's the way JM makes her shoulders less broad and rigid. Such fine acting, the nuances, the glances, head tilt toward Kalinda.

And I say that I'm glad we're absolutely spoiler free right now about what JF is actually doing on TGW. The A/K scenes leave so much direction and fascinating things for us to see in the up-coming episodes. I'm really excited!!!!!!!

Oh, and I liked the new "Judge" too.

Last edited by AnewFriend; 03-19-2012 at 08:52 AM
Old 03-19-2012, 08:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
And I say that I'm glad we're absolutely spoiler free right now about what JF is actually doing on TGW
Yeah IA, Spoilers are my weakness so I'm guess I should be pleased there aren't any floating around because I'm usually not strong enough to not look.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But you wont get anywhere if you do not think critically about what is happening in the show as well as what is happening around it.
and I think you're looking too hard. The show is not known for dropping clues to anything, let alone Kalinda. They already have a hard time managing the first degree

Quote:
Because she said pretty much so herself.
When?

Quote:
She noticed the guy was from Colorado because she saw the pillow next to him.
Well she's an investigator and maybe she just likes football? I'm pretty sure anyone in the US knows the logos from colleges with football teams.

Quote:
With that and the other clue I gave you, you should be able to work out things for yourself.
No no. Please, tell us what you think. I think it's fascinating and I'd love to be able to say "you were right" when the big reveal comes
(you think that's when they'll say Kalinda has Asperger Syndrome? )

Quote:
The ending had me on edge. Loads of tension, but alot of restraint and pressure. Fantastic acting from everyone
very! The body language! The looks! Kalinda's misty eyes!
Ironic how Alicia plays with her wedding ring when thinking about Will and with the ring on her right hand when talking to Kalinda, no?

Quote:
I always get a kick out of scenes when she's out investingating and spying on people.
so very noir!

Quote:
She has been wearing the necklace since the very beginning, it has become one of the Kalinda symbols, right?
she didn't have it in the pilot of course.

Quote:
But just one tiny moment, when Alicia approached to her, she was trying to avoid the awkwardness with her joke like "they were warm anyway", trying to prove to Alicia that she was fine.
trying to hide her pain. And that was one tiny but crucial moment. We only saw Kalinda annoyed by Alicia once and it was because she wasn't standing for herself. We never saw her pissed before and even if it was because she was hurt... it shows how much she cares. She's always had a tight rein on her emotions, especially at the office but Alicia is the only one she gets in any openly emotional state about.

Quote:
I understand Alicia couldn't just go back like everything was normal, but.... the disgusted look on her face? A little too much IMO
that was Julianna's opinion shining through

Old 03-20-2012, 12:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
No no. Please, tell us what you think. I think it's fascinating and I'd love to be able to say "you were right" when the big reveal comes
Yea, tell us the big thing that we all missed. (silly us!:p)

Quote:
And I say that I'm glad we're absolutely spoiler free right now about what JF is actually doing on TGW.
True, really I'm not strong enough to resist spoilers related to Kalinda!

Quote:
Kalinda's misty eyes!
I'm not going to start with her sad puppy face *sobbing in the corner*

Quote:
We only saw Kalinda annoyed by Alicia once and it was because she wasn't standing for herself. We never saw her pissed before and even if it was because she was hurt... it shows how much she cares. She's always had a tight rein on her emotions, especially at the office but Alicia is the only one she gets in any openly emotional state about.
Fluff I love how you can explain every feeling about her so clearly! She lost her cool because she cared so much. She took a deep breath, collected all courage she got, and pretended it was easy for her to do this. It hurt!
(and I can't help blaming Will for turning down her beer offer! ..well which in fact helped things getting better)

Quote:
that was Julianna's opinion shining through
You read the interview with Julianna and Archie? What can I say when it's JM? She has a point anyway.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
True, really I'm not strong enough to resist spoilers related to Kalinda!
well I used to think that but then all the crap about C/K came up and I thought better not to get pissed 3 months before it happens. I'll be pissed enough when I watch the mess they make of it
Also there's so little Kalinda since S2, I'd rather keep what little we get a surprise.

Quote:
I'm not going to start with her sad puppy face *sobbing in the corner*
Awww there, there. At least she's going to give it a try and maybe she'll keep smiling more from now on, like you wanted

Quote:
She took a deep breath, collected all courage she got, and pretended it was easy for her to do this. It hurt!
especially because it was hard for her to do it and I'm sure she wasn't expecting things being back to normal but maybe a little... detente, a white flag moment. Nothing deep and genuine, just a little peace offering.

Quote:
(and I can't help blaming Will for turning down her beer offer! ..well which in fact helped things getting better)
It did but dude! How can you say no to beer with Kalinda?? If he keeps that **** up, he'll end up really needing a fat drinking buddy because Kalinda will be spending her free time with Alicia again

Do you think he'll be jealous if that happens?

You read the interview with Julianna and Archie? What can I say when it's JM? She has a point anyway.[/QUOTE]

Old 03-20-2012, 07:53 AM
New Fan

. They already have a hard time managing the first degree

Really? No because the good wife is not only a show but also a live psychology experiment .AP said that you had to watch the show with your finger on the pause .Have you been doing that?My guess is :no otherwise you'd get it.

When?

The scene where she was "flirting" with Dana : she did not know her jacket's brand.The fact is Dana is much like you guys: all about apparences.No, knowing the kind of jacket she wears won't get you to know her for who she is.By the way being appreciated for your looks is a very backhanded compliment (hint).

, I've been browsing the forum and I saw a lot of body language interpretation. The fact is also that K thinks that's bull****.In one episode they had this consultant who was supposed to intezrpret mico expressions. She did not think much of him and even called him a medecine man.If she doesn'nt buy it , why do you?Archie Panjabi said that the only valid body language interpretation was about the eyes and she 's right.But have you been paying attention to what she said? I guess not.

Well she's an investigator and maybe she just likes football? I'm pretty sure anyone in the US knows the logos from colleges with football teams.
Obviously, but the important thing was: she worked thiçs out not by looking at the guy but by looking a visual clue in the back ground.

(you think that's when they'll say Kalinda has Asperger Syndrome? )
Well, I think someone from your gang met Archie, did you ask about that possibility?Because she might have had an opinion about that.And by the way, have you been doing some proper search about AS?I guess not because I have AS and your idea of what AS is is mostly made up fom bias and lack of information. Yes we can be very high functioning .

Understanding things means that you have to listen and observe and be able to keep track of whats been happening in the past and make connection.
I gave you one clue: her necklace...

Now it's up to you do do some thinking...

Because right now, she's spoofing you .

Last edited by artezj@; 03-20-2012 at 08:05 AM
Old 03-20-2012, 08:13 AM
Elite Fan

Okay. I think you should take a deep breath and relax. This is a discussion forum. We are all having fun here. Nobody's got the Gospel truth. Even the writers really and nobody's right, nobody's wrong. We are just expressing opinions so please try to enjoy the conversation and not to attack people who disagree with you.

I guessed that you have AS, not because of what you apparently think but because you are so adamant in finding a character who is the same.
When you mentioned it, nobody laughed at you and Lily, who is a psychologist made a very long post about why she thought you were mistaken. You didn't reply. It was not a rejection of who you are. Just a disagreement on who Kalinda is. That's what we do in this thread. Debate, argue and disagree sometimes.

I was the one who talked to Archie and we briefly talked about the character's attitude. She never mentioned anything even remotely close to AS. So I really think you should stop looking for what isn't there, accusing people who don't see it of being idiots and enjoy what IS there.

We're just having fun here so please try to do the same

Last edited by Gelfling; 03-20-2012 at 08:25 AM
Old 03-20-2012, 09:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hahaha, isn't it lovely when people get crazy about their own opinions? * sarcasm alert, for those who are not capable of gettin it *

Dude, relax. Gelfling's right. This is just a forum/discussion board. Easy...

Archie is such a pro on acting with her eyes! It's almost like she needs nothing else, haha!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:44 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Okay. I think you should take a deep breath and relax. This is a discussion forum. We are all having fun here. Nobody's got the Gospel truth. Even the writers really and nobody's right, nobody's wrong. We are just expressing opinions so please try to enjoy the conversation and not to attack people who disagree with you.

I guessed that you have AS, not because of what you apparently think but because you are so adamant in finding a character who is the same.
When you mentioned it, nobody laughed at you and Lily, who is a psychologist made a very long post about why she thought you were mistaken. You didn't reply. It was not a rejection of who you are. Just a disagreement on who Kalinda is. That's what we do in this thread. Debate, argue and disagree sometimes.

I was the one who talked to Archie and we briefly talked about the character's attitude. She never mentioned anything even remotely close to AS. So I really think you should stop looking for what isn't there, accusing people who don't see it of being idiots and enjoy what IS there.

We're just having fun here so please try to do the same
Duh but I am having fun right now. And being a psychologist does not make you a neuropsychatrist either. I also had conversations with psychologists and they told me that I could also be right. The fact is: she is a visual thinker.Ande AP did not say anything because you did not ask.
Here's another clue: episode number 13.
Everything was off in that episode.
But it depends on how smart you think Kalinda is.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylana (View Post)
Archie is such a pro on acting with her eyes! It's almost like she needs nothing else, haha!
Ha, I know right? I don't even think acting is work for her
Old 03-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But it depends on how smart you think Kalinda is.
I didn't ask her if Kalinda was an alien either and guess what? I don't think she is either

I'm pretty sure you are having fun. My point is: try not to spoil everybody else's fun by being aggressive

Quote:
And being a psychologist does not make you a neuropsychatrist either.And being a psychologist does not make you a neuropsychatrist either.
My point was she didn't talk out of her a**. She did research. And it's ironic you are dismissing her opinion that Kalinda doesn't have AS when you acknowledge that of "other psychiatrists" (who I'm sure watch the show and are real ) who say you might be right.

Now... let's talk Kalinda's boots and jacket brands (that's all we really do around here, isn't it? )

Quote:
Hehe someone on Twitter tweeted "Archie Panjabi. Winning Emmys with her eyebrows since 2012" with that picture attached
Yeah she's got a lot going through the eyes but her body language is also very expressive (sorry )