LOL Abed's story
A feeling that is like torture
But one which I cannot, will not, do not want to give up
icon by madness
Old 10-30-2011, 01:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aga darkside
I haven't seen Gosford Park yet, but it's already on my drive S1 was perfect and I'm really enjoying S2, but c'mon, who is really happy in DA this season? Ok, war time and all, I get it, but Fellowes is cruel... and if he screws with Robert/Cora I'll be mad, because they were always one steady and happy relationship on the show. I get that Robert felt rather useless this season and may have problems with adjusting to the new reality, but this direction is bad
I too have a feeling the spoilers are right, you could see some of them coming (Lavinia) a mile away! But okay. I really enjoy this season and for some reason the dark feeling (nobody being happy, the war, etc.) doesn't bother me. So IMO Fellowes isn't cruel . I think next season will have a different feeling about it. I love Robert but I'm not to keen on Cora, I don't really care for the ship but if the spoilers are right I think that behaviour is very OOC for Robert. I'll withhold judgement untill I've seen it play out on screen but for now it feels like a weird development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poehler bear
I really like this season but there's something weird about it. First that six years have passed and it's like only weeks passed. Really. The relationships are in the same place. I think they could have developed everything better. If they thought they need to skip so much time at least change something. It's not an universe, to me at least, that it makes sense things staying the same
Yes the timeline is weird. I understand the need for timejumps but there should have been more development both for the relationships and the characters.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:45 PM
Master Fan

Fellowes is cruel! he killed William

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaSophia (View Post)
I think that behaviour is very OOC for Robert.
Definitely. I dislike Cora and I don't really care for Robert/Cora, so my only reason to be against this spoiler is that it doesn't make sense at all

Quote:
Yes the timeline is weird. I understand the need for timejumps but there should have been more development both for the relationships and the characters.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by poehler-bear (View Post)
Fellowes is cruel! he killed William
Yeah, you're right! He did kill William, that was very sad

Besides the weird timeline I don't get why Ethel and her story are still around! I mean, as far as I can see know, this storyline doesn't ty in with any of the main characters (the only thing mrs Hughes is doing, is bringing her food) so I don't see why this (I have to say very unsympathetic) girl is still around, the only thing it does so far is taking time away from other characters that are important for the overall story.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I dislike Cora and I don't really care for Robert/Cora, so my only reason to be against this spoiler is that it doesn't make sense at all
I don't like Cora as much as in S1 and R/C aren't that close anymore, but I really loved their relationship in S1, how they married for money,fell in love later and still loved each other after so many years I know that Robert may feel lost and neglected, but this storyline is just ridiculous, I like Robert too much for such crap Well, I'm just going to see for myself very soon.

I agree about Ethel, stupid, stupid girl...
Old 10-31-2011, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I...liked Once Upon A Time
A feeling that is like torture
But one which I cannot, will not, do not want to give up
icon by madness
Old 10-31-2011, 08:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch Tomato (View Post)
I liked it too. I'm actually surprised by it.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch Tomato (View Post)
I was so sure I was going to hate it... it's cheesy, it doesn't have the best dialog or anything but I love it

WTH was that Downton Abbey episode? ewwwww, Robert and the maid. They made Mary a bitch. And they keep creating drama for drama's sake. Poor Mary though, come here, let me give you a hug
Old 10-31-2011, 03:33 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by poehler-bear (View Post)
I was so sure I was going to hate it... it's cheesy, it doesn't have the best dialog or anything but I love it
I love it too! And I was so sure it's not for me

Quote:
WTH was that Downton Abbey episode? ewwwww, Robert and the maid. They made Mary a bitch. And they keep creating drama for drama's sake. Poor Mary though, come here, let me give you a hug
Right? Like they wrote on DA's page at Facebook: "Good heavens, m'lord!" But I must say I'm a little less mad at Robert than I though I would be, because Cora was just unbelievable! WTH is she saying?! But I hoped the thing with maid would be a one time business, but I guess not, judging from the promo...
Mary was kinda a bitch, but for me it was more like a defense mechanism, I still love her.
I feel not a lot really happened in this ep, it looks like they moved everything to the finale.
And OMG, Violet is made of win Oh and Thomas: serves him right!
Old 10-31-2011, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga_darkside (View Post)
I love it too! And I was so sure it's not for me
yes, me too. But I still think it would be a much better show if it was created by Bryan Fuller also, someone give him a tv show. I still need to watch Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me but I want something new, something that lasts more than 2 seasons

Quote:
I'm a little less mad at Robert than I though I would be, because Cora was just unbelievable! WTH is she saying?!
ugh. I'm angry. I don't like Cora but they were changing her to make us think the whole Robert/maid thing wasn't so bad.

Quote:
Mary was kinda a bitch, but for me it was more like a defense mechanism, I still love her.
Oh I agree.

I haven't seen the promo, why tumblr must spoil everything though? I saw the still of Mary and Matthew dancing
Violet
Old 10-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
ugh. I'm angry. I don't like Cora but they were changing her to make us think the whole Robert/maid thing wasn't so bad.
I'm angry too, but I don't care that much, because it's not my Robert/Cora from S1, but I agree that Fellowes might be changing Cora just to make Robert's actions less irritating, but:

My new favourite gif

Violet's scene with Matthew was amazing!
Old 10-31-2011, 04:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga_darkside (View Post)
Right? Like they wrote on DA's page at Facebook: "Good heavens, m'lord!" But I must say I'm a little less mad at Robert than I though I would be, because Cora was just unbelievable! WTH is she saying?! But I hoped the thing with maid would be a one time business, but I guess not, judging from the promo...
I feel not a lot really happened in this ep, it looks like they moved everything to the finale.
And OMG, Violet is made of win Oh and Thomas: serves him right!
Overall I really liked the episode. I had one WTF moment: Matthew getting out of his chair the way he did that was really ridiculous! Robert kissing the maid was weird but not as bad as I thought it would be, although I still feel it's a bit OOC for him I do understand better where he came from. I wasn't to keen on Cora so far but now I'm really starting to dislike her.

I also think Mary's behaviour is a defense mechanism, to me she seems on the verge of breaking. And now, she also has to deal with Carson not leaving with her. Poor Mary! I hope they get rid of that awfull Carlisle really soon, I dislike that guy more with every episode.

And Violet, how I love Violet! I loved it the way she went into Matthews bedroom, saying all the things she did But did she have to make it sound, telling Matthew that Mary is still in love with him, that now that he has his uuuhhh functions back he's good enough for Mary again

Matthew snatching that charm from his mother that thing meant a lot more to him than he realises.

S/B? I don't think that's going to last b/c for now it feels like she only sees him (as she put it herself) as her ticket out of the situation she doesn't want to go back in.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaSophia (View Post)
WTF moment: Matthew getting out of his chair the way he did that was really ridiculous!
yes! W T H???????

I never cared for S/B the way people seem to care, and this season I had enough of them. He was all bossy with her and what he said to her in the last scene, ugh. She loves her family, dude, if you love her you should know that.

Die, Richard, die. Why didn't they kill him?? I want William back