Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Total Fan

I forgot about this:

Quote:
You might not know it yet but you already met one of the key players and most important recurring characters of the show and he is not speaking a word in the pilot
Is this the guy who went inside the office at the end of the pilot and then is seen in the warehouse with that device?

ETA:

Ice was amazing!

Last edited by Aga_darkside; 07-12-2012 at 01:22 PM
Old 07-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Extreme Fan

I finished Prison Break... omg! Perfect ending! This show is perfection. Probably my favourite ending for a show right now. Everything wrapped up, everything explained and every character got their ending. I'm an emotional wreck after that finale..
Old 07-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by poehler-bear (View Post)
I don't regret it

Quote:
Kiki, did you see MM deleted scene? I think we talked about this but so many people I know are watching TXF for the first time that I'm not sure.
OF COURSE! I swear I almost had a meltdown when I saw it

Quote:
Ice was amazing!
yesssss

Quote:
I finished Prison Break
I never finished S1, not cause I didn't like it, just forgot

I saw The Newsroom episode 3, I actually really liked it. And the jump made total sense to me actually and I didn't fee cheated like I thought I would be. Jane Fonda (I want Maggie and Don to break up, that dude annoys me)

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 07-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga_darkside (View Post)
Ice was amazing!
YES! and didn't all the UST kill you? I mean

Quote:
(I want Maggie and Don to break up, that dude annoys me)
right? And it makes me like Maggie less
Old 07-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yes, I am having the same affect. I want to like her, but ugh, that guy just drags her down

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 07-13-2012, 01:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)

I hate Don, but I don't ship Jim and Maggie at all. Will and Mac make much more sense to me. But Charlie is probably my fav character.

Quote:

I remember watching this. Goosebumps. MS are so beautiful!

Quote:
:

I never finished S1, not cause I didn't like it, just forgot
S01 is my favourite! So good...
Old 07-13-2012, 02:06 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Yes, I am having the same affect. I want to like her, but ugh, that guy just drags her down
Yes! And I really want to like her.

Quote:
But the tension overall was amazing, when they wanted to put the bug into Mulder's ear I started screaming!
Old 07-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Extreme Fan

I started watching The West Wing. I love Josh and CJ so much.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzoka (View Post)
CJ is my favourite but I love them all!

I've been watching TXF all day, now I'm going to watch 1x16. I'm not obsessed yet, but I'm enjoying it very much!
Old 07-13-2012, 12:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
CJ is my favourite but I love them all!
Yay! She is awesome!

Quote:
I've been watching TXF all day, now I'm going to watch 1x16. I'm not obsessed yet, but I'm enjoying it very much!
I was the same way. I think I became obsessed with it after watching season 2. The season finale was insanely good.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
But the tension overall was amazing, when they wanted to put the bug into Mulder's ear I started screaming!

CJ is my favourite but I love them all! [2] (Sam obviously doesn't count)

Quote:
oh yeah, same happened to me. I got really obsessed watching s2 or s3, it was so fast I can't tell you for sure. oh 1x16 is EBE, I love it! And what did you think of Beyond the Sea?
Old 07-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
oh yeah, same happened to me. I got really obsessed watching s2 or s3, it was so fast I can't tell you for sure. oh 1x16 is EBE, I love it! And what did you think of Beyond the Sea?
I'm watching EBE right now. I loved Beyond the Sea. I also loved Young at Heart, a lot of background for Mulder!

And I almost didn't recognize young Mark Sheppard in Fire. He truly guest-starred in everything but he was just in BSG!
Old 07-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzoka (View Post)
YESSSS! Welcome you will never regret it

Quote:
CJ is my favourite but I love them all! [2]
Yes I think I am gonna third this statement! Love them ALL, but CJ

Quote:
I loved Beyond the Sea. I also loved Young at Heart, a lot of background for Mulder!
BTS is great, so much great Scully stuff! And background of Mulder also so good This show leaves you wanting more and more about this characters.

Nanda, I just saw "Small Potatoes" I tell you I literally LAUGHED ALL episode AMAZING and that M/S (well "Mulder") scene at the end, I literally DIED a little

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 07-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
This show leaves you wanting more and more about this characters.

Quote:
Nanda, I just saw "Small Potatoes" I tell you I literally LAUGHED ALL episode AMAZING and that M/S (well "Mulder") scene at the end, I literally DIED a little
omg. and when Mulder breaks (or whatever he does) the bones?
I have some ethical problems with this episode though... I know it's comedy and all but if you start thinking that that guy was basically raping women, ew, no.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
they are really awesome characters.

Quote:
You know I thought the same thing up until this episode. No, I still hate him but I think I see why he's here now. And I don't mean as the obvious proverbial hurdle that Maggie is going to have to overcome but more importantly as a representative of the news media that Mackenzie and Will want to distance themselves from. Also I have a character I hate more now: that joker who wants to be all powerful with his damn numbers and of course feels like he can be an omnipotent a**hole because his Mommy is protecting his ass

Quote:
I like the struggle and I can't really like her less because she kicked ass in Scott Pilgrim (and if anyone has yet to see S2 of In Treatment, you need to see it, she'll break your heart!)

Quote:
I hate Don, but I don't ship Jim and Maggie at all. Will and Mac make much more sense to me. But Charlie is probably my fav character.
I don't ship anyone but I find all the dynamics interesting. And I totally agree on Charlie! Waterston does a fine job as usual.

Quote:
Wow Fluff, you're truly an encyclopedia Thanks!
Carlapedia is not something I chose but hey my capacity to retain useless knowledge is apparently endless so I have to fill it

Quote:
Is this the guy who went inside the office at the end of the pilot and then is seen in the warehouse with that device?
and you'll grow to love/hate him

Quote:
you're going faster than Nanda!

Quote:
I was the same way. I think I became obsessed with it after watching season 2. The season finale was insanely good.
I think it scored really big with a lot of people. The ratings in S3 had grown just from the people hearing about the finale and catching the reruns in the summer.

Quote:
Ice was amazing!
such a perfect S1 episode! They took the Thing and made it better on a low budget (it was actually on FOX's request that they would write an episode that would have a limited production because the previous episodes went over budget )
It was the first episode David Nutter directed and I think he really did a lot to create what became the look of the Xfiles, especially with the lighting and the closeups (that became increasingly extreme up to the "screamers" in the show). He directed some of my favorite episodes over the years.
It was also the first episode for Toby Lindala (soon to become the show's awarded special make up artist) who had to come up with a way to make the "worm" visible under the skin and also the nodules.
"Trust" being a recurring theme of the show in later episodes, the whole episode was built to get to the climactic moment where Mulder and Scully pull their gun on each other. The writers wanted their relationship and their burgeoning trust tested.
And for the very trivial, the dog in the episode is the father of Duchovny's dog Blue. (no I have no idea if Blue is still alive he'd be a very old dog though)

Quote:
And I loved how "I want to believe" also appeared at the end of Conduit when Scully was listening to Mulder's tape.
I'd say in the pilot Mulder is determined to believe and Scully determined not to. They influence each other as time goes by.

Quote:
yeah, Scully hair on s1 is weird, but it gets better, like s4.
thankfully. God, she's gorgeous in S4

Quote:
How a show has so many Williams is beyond me
well it's not a rare name in the US and they are somewhat connected

Quote:
And I almost didn't recognize young Mark Sheppard in Fire. He truly guest-starred in everything but he was just in BSG!
yeah he's a Vancouver Brit so that'll happen He was awesome in Fire

Quote:
You know what sucks? I'm sure I would love Cora (on s1 at least) if she wasn't played by Elizabeth, because mothers of lead characters is my thing
You're just bitter because Gillian could have played that part!

Quote:
Last year out of the comedy actress roundtable only Amy and Julie Bowen were nominated, so I wouldn't count on that
sometimes it's all about having people that will get viewers to the video too.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"