Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-30-2010, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdramafan (View Post)
Cultural Learnings...w as an interesting take... I thought the premiere was more successful than he did...but the "taking control" can mean different things...Derrick has taken control at the firm, and although alicia was not the initiator,she did take control in the courtroom for sure, and to a degree in the bathroom scene.
I don't think the title referes to that scene in particular but more in a wider sense, Alicia is taking control (more control) of her life, her job and herself. Having control doesn't mean you cannot let yourself go, in the scene with Peter I believe he has power and she is willing to give it to him (another form of power).
Old 09-30-2010, 07:19 AM
Elite Fan

Cultural learning says he that saw reviews that felt the premiere was a bit "off"......he is the first review that I read that says it was a bit off. Most of what have read, loved te premiere.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 09-30-2010, 09:38 AM
New Fan

Relatively Entertaining is up but I am too much of a dork to know how to give you the link it is the best, as usual
Old 09-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Elite Fan

Here it is! thanks for the heads up....now of to read it

The Good Wife: Taking Control Relatively Entertaining

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 09-30-2010, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good

“I saw you in court today,” he purrs. “Yeah?” She’s surprised, and flattered, and slipping into this whole other state of being. “You were a-maaaazing.” He draws out the last word. “Peter, I’ve got to.. study” He cuts into the sentence with a kiss. He starts nuzzling. They kiss. They smile into each other’s eyes, not in a goofy puppy love way but with heat, and amazement. They’re seeing each other, for the first time in a long time. It feels like an age."

Last edited by Det.Logan; 09-30-2010 at 10:05 AM
Old 09-30-2010, 10:24 AM
Extreme Fan

You know I'm not even halfway through reading the Rel Ent blog and I realized that I would read it 10 times over than something as bland and distantly written as the Cultural Learnings one. I don't have a problem with anyone's opinions as long as I can sense some attachment to the show from them. The CL blog analyzes the show from such a clinical perspective that it completely turns me off. Someone could probably program a computer with some parameters and it could write a similar review. While the Rel Ent one is so clearly written by a fan that even if there are things that she's unhappy with the show about it seems to come from a place of genuine interest and concern.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:38 AM
Elite Fan

Shama, I agree with you

Laila, IKR! I want to post that in the A/P thread but I do not want to DP, would you be a dear and bring it there or just bump the thread for me

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 09-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
Shama, I agree with you

Laila, IKR! I want to post that in the A/P thread but I do not want to DP, would you be a dear and bring it there or just bump the thread for me
I was about to post in the A/P and the lights off...
Old 09-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det.Logan (View Post)
I was about to post in the A/P and the lights off...
IKR!
There is so much from her review we can quote from

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 09-30-2010, 02:12 PM
Supreme Fan

It's not a review, it's a recap! and a boring one at that.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

I was bringing over RE too. Don't you find it funny Lily? I've been following this since last year and it's usually funny. Maybe it was the episode that didn't inspire something to laugh about.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:16 PM
Extreme Fan

REL ENT - it is so thorough I don't know how she does it... it is like a transcription with comment. I must be getting deaf, bec she seems to pick up stuff I don't hear. I skimmed over parts of it, bec I don't need all the detail about the cases... once seen, the point is made.
But overall, I like her better than most, bec she genuinely loves the show, and as I said, sometimes you get the sense a lot of the reviewers do not watch the show or do not care. Last year a few of them made mistakes/misinterpretations for that reason. I know they can't watch everything , but still.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:06 PM
Elite Fan

I never thought it was necessary funny (but it does have its funny parts), I just love the way she recaps it and the points she brings up which sometimes you do no think of it yourself.

What a surprise Lily does not like it

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 09-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Elite Fan

I like it too. Well, this one wasn't her most inspired and there's a little too much sometimes, like she's doing in on the fly and it gets a little confused but it's fun. I do prefer reviews in general instead of recaps because I saw the episode and I don't need someone to tell me what happened but it's fine.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 10-01-2010, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I used to read a lot of reviews at the beginning of the show, I was curious about the general reactions. Now I basically have those 2/3 safe harbours but I really don't see a lot of quality journalism out there - not just for TGW.

5 Reasons ‘The Good Wife’ Is Better Than Ever Staying In
Season Premiere Review: THE GOOD WIFE A Man. And His Blog.