Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Spoiler Alert - Casting News

******* Joins The Good Wife
Old 01-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Blurgh. What about the cast members you have that you haven't shown since October!?!?!
Old 01-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you so much for all the spoilers ! Going to the Spolier Thread now

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 01-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Blurgh. What about the cast members you have that you haven't shown since October!?!?!
It's nothing but disappointing. I agree. I had heard about it on some forum but I couldn't believe it. It sounded ludicrous. Guess I was wrong.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 01-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Extreme Fan

I like the actor mentioned(although rationale confounds me ... but in some instances with some of the casting..eg MJF( as good as he is)... it is like the dress wearing the person... it starts to detract from the show and the acting; the approach seems gimmicky and it is all about the guest star, not the show.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
the approach seems gimmicky and it is all about the guest star, not the show.
same here. I was really excited to hear about the guest but it fell quickly when I heard what it was all about. It feels forced already so I doubt it'll end up as anything but a waste of time and a media bait in the end.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Extreme Fan

The number of guest stars are worrisome. Will and Grace (the show) kept bringing on more and more guest stars and the show lost its quality. The main characters, in my opinion, are Alicia, Peter, Will, Diane, Kalinda, Eli, Cary, Jackie, Zach and Grace. Write about them and their relationship with each other. Now and again other characters like Owen and Becca can be thrown in the mix
Old 01-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Supreme Fan

and we can't get Donna back! What's next? A love interest for Courtney?
Old 01-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Loyal Fan

This show is not exactly known for fleshing out love interests so I'm not too worried. I'm expecting her to be another Tammy or Giada- two other love interests played by well known actresses who are little more than cardboard cutout characters.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Supreme Fan

Karen is not exactly well known but I see your point. Fleshed out or not, Tammy is taking screentime though. And it could be put to better use. I mean a love interest for Will or Kalinda or Diane makes some degree of sense but for Eli or Cary or Derrick? They're barely there. No point at all. If they are going to go into personal lives for supporting characters, there are more interesting things to explore.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've already expressed my puzzlement in the Spoiler thread.

I put a spoiler alert because maybe some posters did not want to know anything but - just to remind us the rules - we can mention the actress name but nor her role in the show :rolleye:
My question is always the same: you have a huge cast, write about them with some mild external injection but as long as you have tons of things to say about them why you have to introduce new recurring? we still don't know almost anything about regulars' pasts.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver girl (View Post)
This show is not exactly known for fleshing out love interests so I'm not too worried. I'm expecting her to be another Tammy or Giada- two other love interests played by well known actresses who are little more than cardboard cutout characters.
You are right...but think that is what bothers us...seems like a waste ..which it already is with ER.... she is turning out to be a cardboard piece, as you say...unless they give her more meat. So why bother, when they do not address other characters ... the most recent casting piece seems very stuntlike to me...and I agree it does detract from the show.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Ultimate Fan

According to EW, the show is a sure thing for next season:
TV Survival Scorecard: Which shows will return next season (and which won't) | Inside TV | EW.com
Old 01-13-2011, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss GoodManners (View Post)
Yes it is

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 01-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Ellie so it's not totally outrageous to hope for some good news at the panel tomorrow then?
your icon