Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-27-2016, 06:45 AM
Elite Fan

The Good Wife 7.18 - Episode Discussion Thread - Unmanned (03/27/16)

Episode 7.18 - Unmanned

WRITTEN BY: Tyler Bensinger
DIRECTED BY: James Whitmore
AIRDATE: 03/27/2016

Alicia and Diane defend the privacy rights of a therapist whose neighbor, represented by attorney Caitlyn D’Arcy (Anna Camp), flies a drone over his home office. Also, Assistant U.S. Attorney Connor Fox (Matthew Morrison) attempts to use Eli’s daughter, Marissa, as leverage in the case against Peter, and the power struggle at Lockhart, Agos & Lee reaches a boiling point

Cast List and Stills

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-27-2016, 03:26 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the drive by Kicks

At least Marissa is in this one

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 03-27-2016, 10:00 PM
New Fan

And the fit hits the shan! "Is that what upsets you most? That I'm in love?" I like Diane and Cary getting lots of time in this episode. And Cary quitting! How much more can we pack into this show before the end??? That knock on Alicia's door near the end. I knew it was Peter. It was pretty plain also that Alicia wouldn't respond to Peter's favor until next or later episode. It's how things work in Network TV. Keep 'em hanging!
Old 03-28-2016, 12:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

I can already see the finale. The Good Divorcée.

It was great to see Caitlin again. It was clear from the start Diane and Alicia would lose in the end. Not necessary becasue of what they were against, but because the case was laid out the way it was.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:46 AM
Absolute Fan

I'm excited now to see the end.

I hope Alicia tells Peter that she is done putting her life on hold for what's best for others. It's her time now. I mean this progression should have happened after Wills death. I'm just thankful we finally heard those words ' I want a divorce'

Season 7 seems to have been very disjointed storyline wise but with an end in sight it's finally picking up pace and seems to know what direction it wants to go now.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Substance (View Post)
I can already see the finale. The Good Divorcée..

Only took 7 years. Now that she finally said the words maybe I can start enjoying the last 4 episodes as much as I can.

I feel so bad for Cary, but a part of me is really really happy for him. He left being honest and can maybe start his life again.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-28-2016, 12:08 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I feel so bad for Cary, but a part of me is really really happy for him. He left being honest and can maybe start his life again.
Do you think that last night is the last time we see him?
Old 03-28-2016, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternityroad (View Post)
No. He will be back.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-28-2016, 04:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I hope Alicia tells Peter that she is done putting her life on hold for what's best for others. It's her time now.
When has it not, really? She's always done whatever she wanted and the only reason she's still married to Peter is the damn title
The only time she supposedly didn't do what she wanted was when Will was alive and even that doesn't fly because they had an affair so she could have left her husband too. She chose not to.

Quote:
Nah they're not done yet. He still has a few episodes on contract and I doubt he's even going to miss any.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:26 AM
Supreme Fan

Good episode. Glad Alicia finally brought up the divorce. I am pretty sure she will agree with doing him a last favor if that means the divorce can go through quietly. I hope she goes through with the divorce anyway...

It was nice to see Caithlin again, it's been a while. To this day I still hold hope to see Robyn once more, but a man can dream

We still don't know what David Lee wanted from Diane in trade for Alicia being named name-partner. Just more money, or....? Poor Cary though. I'm kinda glad he quit...too many people were walking all over him. Hope he finds a better job for the final episodes!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
When has it not, really? She's always done whatever she wanted and the only reason she's still married to Peter is the damn title
Literally what I said!! People been acting like she has been Peter's victim, she has done whatever she wants for seasons now. This divorce finally is just lazy writing that should have happened a long time ago.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-30-2016, 11:14 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
Literally what I said!! People been acting like she has been Peter's victim, she has done whatever she wants for seasons now. This divorce finally is just lazy writing that should have happened a long time ago.
I actually agree with this. No one forced Alicia into anything and her i want a divorce would have been much more powerful in season 2-5.

It's hard to root for Alicia when she has put herself where she is by her own choices. No longer is her husband cheating, she is also technically on him to. She seems to have lost the moral high ground on everything which is what i loved about her in the first place.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Good episode. Glad Alicia finally brought up the divorce. I am pretty sure she will agree with doing him a last favor if that means the divorce can go through quietly. I hope she goes through with the divorce anyway...
Completely meaningless after 7 years though.

Quote:
I actually agree with this. No one forced Alicia into anything and her i want a divorce would have been much more powerful in season 2-5.
Yup. And even if they didn't want it back when Will was there, because they didn't know what to do with them as a couple without the triangle BS, they were free to do it after Will died. They just chose not to.

Quote:
It's hard to root for Alicia when she has put herself where she is by her own choices. No longer is her husband cheating, she is also technically on him to
Starting with Will back in season 2... so her marriage hasn't meant anything to her for longer than that. Yet she stayed married

Quote:
We still don't know what David Lee wanted from Diane in trade for Alicia being named name-partner. Just more money, or....? Poor Cary though. I'm kinda glad he quit...too many people were walking all over him.
Like the writers, you mean?

Old 03-31-2016, 03:00 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)

Like the writers, you mean?
Exactly
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:31 PM
Elite Fan

I just wish the few remaining cast members would get their own ending. Just a neat little gift for them: not revolving around Alicia Florrick anymore.

I guess Cary kinda is, even though his leaving is not unconnected to Divalicia but at least he's free. I wish the same could be said for Diane but then we haven't seen her husband in two seasons so...