Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-15-2013, 05:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

The episode was good, especially the case. It's funny that we were just last week "whining" how the show feels like it had returned back to S2, and now we are about to get some twists that would really change the game.

- I really don't like the Will/Alicia plot at all. Some of the best scenes this season were Alicia/Peter and now all that is being swept under the carpet. The only good thing about it is that we're finally seeing more Will.
- Diane is marvelous. This episode showed how far she is ready to go for the bench. I want to see that wedding!
- Robyn is becoming my favorite character in the series without me even noticing it.
- I think this whole Cary and 4th years starting their own firm thing is going to blow up on everyone's faces and Alicia may have to face bigger consequences than she now things. She might lose the partnership.

2 more episodes to go! Bring it on.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The ep had to go overtime again..two more! wow! we're almost done!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Elite Fan

Episode was good, the case was actually quite interesting and a bit frustrating on how the law when trying to be fair, seems oh so unfair.

-More Diane/Kalinda scenes nice Kalinda is like Diane's bodyguard I felt sad for Diane, the position she is in. That scene with the judge where they talk about Will made me feel sad for her. Those were some low blows that were thrown at Willy boy.
-So Alicia and Cary I dig it, as long as they take Kalinda. So Alicia wants in at the new firm? Me wonders why, is it cause she doesn't want to be left out or is still pissed about the L&G betrayal?

Quote:
In spite of the Will factor, that conversation was bound to happen and I doubt it's the last time it does.
I liked the scene, I actually thought it was a long time coming. What I hated was this implication again that it had anything to do with Will, when it didn't. Also can Alicia jump any higher when one of her kids mention Will?

Quote:
I really don't like the Will/Alicia plot at all
My problem is, where where all the shivers for a year an half? It feels to me Robert King is fabricating all these Alicia "shiver" attacks. I think I get what RK is doing, I just don't see the point of rehashing this over and over again. But he loves his triangle and I have to deal with it

-Oh sad and depressing news, not one A/K scene again is really starting to bum me out, a lot.

I am excited about where this Cary/Alicia storyline is going, and what Alicia decides. All I know without Kalinda they ain't gonna get far

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
My problem is, where where all the shivers for a year an half? It feels to me Robert King is fabricating all these Alicia "shiver" attacks. I think I get what RK is doing, I just don't see the point of rehashing this over and over again.
I had similar issues then (second half of season 3). After all the W/A affair had been a long time coming and after it was over, it was treated as if it had never happened at all (or at least as if it hadn't meant anything more than a sexual escapade). Even though I am a shipper, I consider myself fairly objective and try to get behind every SL and the characters' role in it. I think for Alicia's character it was important to get back with Peter and to give their marriage another real shot, post scandals. I don't even think that it is weird for Alicia to have these flashbacks or to wonder because as her relationship with Peter starts to get more intimate she might also think about the road not travelled. How often do we in real life wonder about our choices and the possibilities other decisions would have brought along? A lot. So, to me it does not mean she feels differently about Peter (or about Will for that matter) than she did a year ago, it's just life.
I think in the grand scheme of things we should not forget that despite the varity of amazing characters, this show is mostly about Alicia's journey and her learning to make decisions for herself that will make her happy (even if it seems selfish). I'm not saying she should leave Peter or finally end things with Will for good. I'm just saying that no matter which road she chooses to go down in the end, it is mostly about her making that choice based on what is best for her (that will always include her family but in the end, I hope she will make that decision based on her own happiness, too.)

Long rant. Sorry.

Last edited by Mrs Jude Law; 04-15-2013 at 10:42 AM
Old 04-15-2013, 10:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I think this whole Cary and 4th years starting their own firm thing is going to blow up on everyone's faces and Alicia may have to face bigger consequences than she now things. She might lose the partnership.
Remember when D made Will promise that if A became a liability she was out the door? I'll laugh my ass off if she's the one that ends up fired over all this...

Will: No, you know what? I'm not just dropping this. You wanna know my plan? My plan is I love you, okay? I've probably loved you ever since Georgetown. So phone me. I'll meet you anywhere and we will make a plan. Avatar by Karen
Old 04-15-2013, 10:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I'll laugh my ass off if she's the one that ends up fired over all this...
To me, Alicia has been colossally stupid in this episode.

When Cary leaves, if he wants her available, all he needs to do is say, well Alicia knew. Also, she went to Robyn, whose loyalties she doesn't know, and now Robyn knows that Alicia is aware of Cary leaving, and could easily tell Will and Diane- in fact she probably should. In a way it will be more surprising if Alicia manages to stay/ not get fired. I don't understand what is making her so reckless, honestly. Maybe she wants out of the firm?
Old 04-15-2013, 11:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Also, she went to Robyn, whose loyalties she doesn't know, and now Robyn knows that Alicia is aware of Cary leaving, and could easily tell Will and Diane- in fact she probably should.
I agree. It would have made so much more sense to ask a friend, somebody she trusted (it was about an intrigue at L&G, not about a client or something). But instead Alicia walked to the newbie of the firm and asked her a favor. Why she didn't ask Kalinda is a mystery to me . (It's probably a mystery to Kalinda too.)

Maybe they're trying to confuse us so that we don't know anymore who would be loyal to whom and who would let down whom. In fact there are a lot of options right now: Will Cary actually leave the firm? And will Alicia go with him or will she stay? And will Cary ask Kalinda to come with him or will he ask Robyn? Will Diane leave L&G? And if yes: who will be the new name partner? Alicia? David Lee? Michael Canning? I'm sure they will elaborate these things in the next two episodes and we won't get an answer before Season 5 starts.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hmmm....the question why did Alicia go to Robyn and not Kalinda is a good one. BUT it does make sense.
She knows that Robyn's loyalty at this point is with the firm above anyone/anything else (or is likely to be) whereas she also knows - perhaps even noticed - Cary/Kalinda dynamics. She's well aware she hasn't spent time with Kalinda, so she might have questioned Kalinda's loyalty.

...just thinking, really.

I would be a great twist if she got fired and had to go ask Cary for a job. But I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
BUT it does make sense.
She knows that Robyn's loyalty at this point is with the firm above anyone/anything else (or is likely to be) whereas she also knows - perhaps even noticed - Cary/Kalinda dynamics. She's well aware she hasn't spent time with Kalinda, so she might have questioned Kalinda's loyalty.
I don't think anybody would go to a brandnew collegue and confront them with internal stuff like a plotting in the firm. Alicia doesn't know anything about Robyn except that she has absolutely no experience and is still learning. It was a stupid move to approach her. And if Alicia suspects that Kalinda wouldn't tell her the truth or wouldn't keep her request secret, then she has forgotten who Kalinda is.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I agree with a lot of this, but to me that is all the more reason NOT to go to Robyn. If Robyn is loyal to the firm, not Alicia herself, she should go directly to Will and Diane with this information, and not doing so may get her fired. It was actually also kind of unfair of Alicia to put Robyn in that position, when I think about it.

Quote:
It was a stupid move to approach her. And if Alicia suspects that Kalinda wouldn't tell her the truth or wouldn't keep her request secret, then she has forgotten who Kalinda is.
I hope that Alicia didn't want to make Kalinda choose between Cary and her(Alicia), but I still agree it was a very bad move. Better to hire some independent, outside-the-firm investigator, if she really wants to go rogue from the other partners like that.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So, to me it does not mean she feels differently about Peter (or about Will for that matter) than she did a year ago, it's just life.
I agree with you, I don't think it changes much. And I totally think you are right about the second half of S3, thats where something like this would have fit more even the kiss in 4.14. About how once you end a relationship sometimes you fall back into it. But they never went there. So yea sometimes the writers do things for their convience not necessary cause it makes sense.

Quote:
I'm just saying that no matter which road she chooses to go down in the end, it is mostly about her making that choice based on what is best for her
I couldn't agree more with you

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-16-2013, 07:10 AM
Loyal Fan

I have questions about this ep. the shivering of Alicia. It is so weird. She shivers because she restrains the feeling to Will? It does not make sense ,a little ludicrous.
I read a hilarious theory, Alicia has women menopause syndrome.The physical change makes her more sensitive.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:38 AM
Loyal Fan

Really good episode!

Last edited by StarryFlower; 03-19-2014 at 04:44 PM
Old 04-16-2013, 07:50 AM
Elite Fan

Menopause I am laughing so hard! Ohh my gosh that would be damn hilarious (unlikely) but at least help me explain what the heck was that all about. Last time I checked Alicia was pining over Will all through S2 and she never shivered

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 04-16-2013, 07:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinedan (View Post)
I have questions about this ep. the shivering of Alicia. It is so weird. She shivers because she restrains the feeling to Will? It does not make sense ,a little ludicrous.
I read a hilarious theory, Alicia has women menopause syndrome.The physical change makes her more sensitive.
You should read the end of the previous Will/Alicia thread and the new one, we talk a lot about the shivers there, haha. We were also confused by how Julianna acted these scenes. If it's purely attraction, it seems a bit overdone. I thought it might be some sort of pre-breakdown or burn out, but I think they only intended it as her reacting to falling in love with/being attracted to Will or something. Seems a little too much though