Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-22-2011, 11:34 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdramafan (View Post)
Well as I said on another thread, I find it hard to believe they will make Peter this bad, unless he is being written out of the show...having sex with a prostitute is bad enough, but trading sex for favours,
They seem to keep changing their minds about how "bad" Peter should be. During S1 - not only had he slept with Prostitutes ... (sometimes bringing them back to his home) but he had such a rep, a waitress solicited him during a family dinner. "no thanks, no free dessert" She looked embarrassed she had offered, she didn't expect to be turned down.

But then for the rest of the season, the writers seem to ignore everything except Amber Madisson .... or his rep at all, for that matter.

And now this thing with Kalinda surfaces?
Old 03-23-2011, 12:01 AM
Extreme Fan

What a horrible episode! They ruined two perfectly good characters. How can either Kalinda or Peter come back from this? Was this just some stupid why of getting Alicia and Will together? Screw the rest of the characters, Will and Alicia must be together! I think this is the episode when the show jumped the shark. It's sad because it had potential.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by witgit (View Post)
But I've always wondered why she took to Alicia the way she did. After being as cold to her in the beginning as she was. This explains that. I just wish there was a better explanation.
Anyone else have the urge to go back and rewatch season 1 now in light of these new developments? I feel a marathon coming on this weekend, lol! Wow! Plus we got a glimpse of Will's dirty little secrets, too. This episode had me feeling VERY uncomfortable all the way through. Between Kalinda and the Grand Jury, then them trying to implicate Will and the firm, then Will's conversation with Blake, then Blake's bombshell! I feel completely unsettled right now, but I think that's exactly what the writers wanted. Shocking developments.

Gelfling, I think Kalinda didn't use her sexy in scenes with Peter because she had already met and liked Alicia and was already regretting the past. The thought crossed my mind that something may have happened between K/P when Alicia got pissed at Kalinda for visiting Peter in jail early in season 1. I wondered whether that was foreshadowing of some sort. Shocking and unsettling developments, that's for sure!

Yay for Cary coming through for Kalinda and yay for Cary and Alicia's phone conversation!

Sad for Will being in trouble and looking destraught and for what might be coming for Kalinda and Alicia. Next week looks amazing, but I wonder whether she will tell Alicia about it. Whenever Alicia finds out, I hope it comes from Kalinda and not someone else.

And that wife was just stupid pushing Bishop like that, she should have listened to Alicia and taken the money and counted herself lucky. Her attorney got her killed. I sure wish LG wasn't representing him...

Will: No, you know what? I'm not just dropping this. You wanna know my plan? My plan is I love you, okay? I've probably loved you ever since Georgetown. So phone me. I'll meet you anywhere and we will make a plan. Avatar by Karen
Old 03-23-2011, 01:36 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
They ruined two perfectly good characters. How can either Kalinda or Peter come back from this?
I respectfully disagree with your characterization

My problem with it is it's out of nowhere. And when a tv show starts going out of their own canon for the sake of twists, I have a problem with it. You just never know where they are going to take you... and not in a good way.

However I don't think it "ruins" either character. I think it's pretty much in character for both of them.

Quote:
I feel completely unsettled right now, but I think that's exactly what the writers wanted. Shocking developments.
I like the show better when they give us character developments that make sense instead of rushed "we thought about that yesterday and it shows" plot developments just for shock value.

I'm sure it could have been worked into the show gradually if they thought about it last season but it matches very little of what we have seen of the characters together and that's troubling.

Quote:
I think Kalinda didn't use her sexy in scenes with Peter because she had already met and liked Alicia and was already regretting the past.
But Alicia was not there. And Kalinda's behavior with Peter and Childs makes no sense in lights of those new/old events.

It's a little like the show is pulling a Back to the Future. They're altering the past in such a way that almost everything that happened up to that point in the A/K and K/P relationship is invalidated or questionable or both.

Quote:
The thought crossed my mind that something may have happened between K/P when Alicia got pissed at Kalinda for visiting Peter in jail early in season 1
But Kalinda denied it. Categorically. Even vehemently. And since Archie had no idea they were going for that over a whole year later, she was playing it like Kalinda meant it and so the significance of the scene is lessened in retrospect.

Quote:
Next week looks amazing, but I wonder whether she will tell Alicia about it.
She fought really hard to make sure Alicia doesn't know. I don't know how close it would have to be to becoming public for Kalinda to confess.

Quote:
And that wife was just stupid pushing Bishop like that
Huge plot hole. Or at least character hole
You're married to a guy like Bishop, he tells you here's a bus ticket, 100 bucks and you can come see the kid at Xmas and you say "thanks". You don't push for more money and tell him he'll see his kid twice a month.

So anyone else thinks the setup for the whodunit cliffhanger is a little heavy-handed?
It reminds me of the "Who's Cartman's father?" Southpark season finale spoof to end all season finales.
So Blake is going to turn up dead. And we'll be left to wonder if it's Bishop, Will, Kalinda or Peter. Any other candidate?
Old 03-23-2011, 01:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

Don't forget Cary...there's no love lost between him and Blake.

Like I said I need to go back and rewatch season 1. It's been a while since I've seen it and I was focusing more on Alicia and Will so I may have missed some things. It'll be interesting to watch in retrospect to find the inconsistencies. I for one hope Blake is found floating in Lake Michigan.

Will: No, you know what? I'm not just dropping this. You wanna know my plan? My plan is I love you, okay? I've probably loved you ever since Georgetown. So phone me. I'll meet you anywhere and we will make a plan. Avatar by Karen
Old 03-23-2011, 01:55 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Don't forget Cary...there's no love lost between him and Blake.
Heh I'm trying to (no that's not true)
They didn't make it seem like it was big enough though. They certainly did up the stakes for Will, Peter and Kalinda in one episode.
Peter risks losing his marriage and his career (again), Kalinda risks losing Alicia () and Will risks losing... well... his freedom

All very good motivations.

Quote:
I for one hope Blake is found floating in Lake Michigan
or under the snow covered field where Kalinda is freaking out in the promo?
Old 03-23-2011, 01:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Well well well, that is a shock!! I knew they was something on in Kalinda dislike on Peter now I get it.
Tbh we don't know who is the true personality of kalinda, so I don't care much about her friendship with Alicia (it's nice and fun tho) cos kalinda we don't know her for real. But we know that kalinda does use sex/seduce for her own benefits (hot cop from last season, fbi girl and now Peter) so in that way I don't find it shock cos it make sense. Better this be true cos really tptb i don't want mind games and silly tricks just to get people like WTF and then is not true cos really.

Really writers again with Will dark side, yeah I get it now he has shady business in his past and maybe sometimes in the present. I STILL LOVE HIM ANYWAY

Grissom and Cath allways my OTP coz she is THE WIFE FOREVER!!
[Avatar: missbuterfly
Old 03-23-2011, 03:57 AM
Extreme Fan

There a Q+A on Ew.com with the kings. Appatently they have been planning this Kalinda/Peter sibce the very beginning. I say BS! They just wanted Alicia to be alone (without Peter or Kalinda) to justify her having sex with Will. And we all know that's where all if this leading. The "rebooted". Good Wife sounds like a dumb-ass soap opera. I am so dissapointed
Old 03-23-2011, 05:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's in the News thread
Old 03-23-2011, 07:10 AM
Loyal Fan

I really enjoyed this episode, as always it was well played and the end scene even if it was a real surprise it made a lot of sense to me, it was like ...now that's why...I don't know if what I'm saying is clear but it seemed to put things in the right perspective. I don't think it's ruining the characters they were never perfect from the start, that's why they are so interesting
Old 03-23-2011, 07:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I knew they was something on in Kalinda dislike on Peter now I get it.
Kalinda does not dislike Peter? where did that come from?

Now I would love some back story on these two. Only highlight (if I can even say highlight) is that at least this would lead the an K/P scene which are always great

At least things are really going to be shaken up, lots of things are gonna get rough, I guess thats what dramas are all about

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-23-2011, 07:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
They just wanted Alicia to be alone (without Peter or Kalinda) to justify her having sex with Will.
Um, don't you think this might be a bit dramatic?! Honestly I don't think what happened in this episode has anything to do with Alicia's relationship with Will. It was mostly about adding a new layer to the A/K relationship while also reminding us of what a creep Peter was when he was in office. I agree they are setting up for her to be alone, but not purely so she can screw Will. The whole show is about her evolution as a character. Being alone will be a huge part of that.

The K/P reveal didn't bother me as much as it seems to bother a lot of you guys Yes, I hate that it makes Kalinda a liar and it does seem unnecessarily cheesy and I wish they'd done something much more awesome with the K/P connection. But it makes sense. And I for one cannot wait to see JM and AP act out whatever is coming!!!

I'm still not buying the (lack of) reason for her identity change though. Surely there has to be more. There HAS to be. Just because Blake couldn't find it doesn't mean it's not there.

Quote:
And that wife was just stupid pushing Bishop like that
Right?!!! The lawyer too. They both knew what he was capable of. And now that adorable kid is going to grow up with no moral guidance

I do enjoy the jars of candy in Lee's office They were candy right? Or was it just a bunch of coloured pebbles?
Old 03-23-2011, 07:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutty (View Post)
I do enjoy the jars of candy in Lee's office They were candy right? Or was it just a bunch of coloured pebbles?
I KNOW RIGHT!! His book keeper was FINE YUM!! hahaha

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 03-23-2011, 07:57 AM
Extreme Fan

No, trust me, this is ALL about getting Will and Alicia together. Now we will see what a fine, upstanding superman Will is and how he finally rescues poor Alicia from Peter's evil clutches. Then they can proceed to have another bland, pg-13 sex scene like in Nine Hours.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabous (View Post)
No, trust me, this is ALL about getting Will and Alicia together.
I am not sure about that, there is a lot more complications to the story than A/W....they have to deal with the A/K friendship and the fallout of the A/P marriage. In all that happening, they will be no time to just make A/W....maybe in the long run, but not right away. If they wanted to just get A/W together, they could have just used another random hooker, but know they used Kalinda, because they wanted to focus on A/K.

I think JM lobbying to have Alicia alone for a while is gonna come true.

--- Alicia Florrick