So close now!!
Old 05-25-2010, 06:46 PM
Elite Fan

15 minutes!!!!!!!!

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 05-25-2010, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

I am mad they left us of with that cliffhanger....like seriously WTF !!! (iam not really mad just wanted something different hehe) But that said I still absolutely LOVED the episode!!!!!!!! Yes I did not want a cliffhanger but the writers are still amazing and they dealt with a lot of stories in this episode!!!

Ok:
-I really really think Peter is changing, I think we saw it in this episode and we will continue to see it that scene at the restaurant was an indication, and also the scene right before the press conference when he talked about having good vs bad government. I think I am now more into having A/P work out their issues. I absolutely loved the family dinner, they looked happy and they were all talking and interacting. I enjoyed it!

-Alicia tells Eli that there are limits to their agreement, I felt Eli was kind of subtle and not as bad as I thought he was gonna be. It was as if Alicia did not even owe him anything I mean I expected Eli to have more control over Alicia but it looks like Alicia is not going to let Eli run over her....We even saw it at the end in the press conference when Eli tells her "You are not going to make this easy for me"....I thought him bringing his business was going to make it easier....guess not., YOU GOOO GIRL!! wohoo!!

-Jackie is CRAZY, she really very into her sons politics...DAMN! Telling the Pastor that Peter would pick blood over God....damn that woman has no fear!!!! Even though she can be to much at times, love her character. Wonder if she will be as involved during the campaign? (looks like it to me....sounds like trouble)

-OK!! so we FINALLY get the W/A dinner!!! WoW....was not expecting that! So they talk and flirt, Will says we still have "options" ...uh huh! It looks like Alicia is thinking about it...but she seems skeptical. They talk about Gaida, who btw already had a short meeting with Alicia....and Alicia did seem a bit jealous. So they have dinner in Alicia office, kind of cute.

-Will goes to dinner with Gaida, turns out she is rich and powerful hehe! Well well! She sends Will a $8,000 bottle of Wine which he drinks right before calling Alicia...Damn Gaida, you have tough competition

-Cary goes bad!!! Damn he was really hammering at Alicia Everyone was surprise that Cary when with Childs, but they all acknowledge he was a good lawyer.

-Kalinda...DAMN U WRITERS!! they keep on teasing us!! like WTH It seems to me that she kind of likes the Cop??? Did she kiss the FBI lady???:confuse: why is that anything Kalinda always leaves me wondering? :confuse:

-and Kurt and Diane awwwwww She ripped him apart but still went back to his place and he let her in awwwww I am happy to have these two together!!!

-AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST...THE DAMN CLIFFHANGER LOL! So Peter is doing his press conference....Will calls Alicia and he tells her that he wants to tell her everything that way he does not regret it later....Alicia is CUTTHROAT in this moment with Will, DAMN! She shoots him down and says "You need to give me a plan, cut the poetry" OUCH!!!!! She tells him I have kids, I have a husband, I need you to have a plan of how we could work because I need plans, Will says that you do not always need a plan, but Alicia obviously disagrees OUCH! She hangs up, when Eli comes to get her.....Then Peters calls out her name, but Will is calling AGAIN (what in Gods name is he going to tell her? after all she just told him) then as the cameras turn to her she looks down at her phone and sees its Will....Peter faces drops because she is looking down and not moving towards him...She looks up and THE END! (THE WRITERS MuST HATE US LOL!!!!)

well that was it!! Fantastic Episode, Fantastic show!! love love love love this show!!

Other things:

-Case was interesting. Alicia saw how shady her law firm can be. Again we see Will's shades of greys.
-Love having the Gaida scene in spanish, hehhe!! love that she speaks spanish hehe it was funny when Will said he understood everything, it would be cool if he did speak spanish lol!!
-DId I say I loved the family dinner!!!
-Hehehe Jackie and her Tea Party

I probably forgot things but wanted to post fast since I cannot be up to late!

--- Alicia Florrick

Last edited by Kiki17; 05-25-2010 at 08:41 PM
Old 05-25-2010, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Kikiiiiii can't wait to see all this sounds wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

icon by madness
Old 05-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Extreme Fan

I did not love the cliffhanger... what a nerve, the last scene was from the promo that they kept showing over and over. Maybe they are still deciding what her decision will be.... I was hoping that they would show a decision, and then you were left wondering at the impact.
Well, Will shippers will be very happy... they made it very clear that Alicia wants to be with Will... he just needs a plan to make it happen. she was cut-throat but clear, the way she was with Peter in prison (another plan)

There were many scenes with Will/A, but almost none with A/P alone except at the end... where Peter does not talk about their rlshp but govt..although she softened slightly. So again, they have really stacked the deck toward Will in many ways ( I am a better man around you). Kalinda is always nudging Alicia toward Will as well. I am a little surprised at this as again, I do not think alicia can barrel into a relshp with him so quickly.

For me the bad news is that even if she ends up with Peter early S2, it is for plot reasons only ( conflict with Eli, the campaign etc) they have made it very clear that she does not love him so there is no point on working on the marriage, it will be a sham. Her heart would not be in "working out any issues. I keep saying I hope they end that quickly, or maybe alicia will take option 3. That is looking better all the time.

Looks like they have clearly showed Kalinda as bisexual... very interesting...
I was happy about Diane and McVeigh... hope he returns.
The interplay with Cary is very scary, but entertaining.
I was also surprised that Eli was not as menacing... he seemed softer, And alicia really gave it to him. Maybe the pact was not such a bad idea after all!

I do not like Jackie ... she has revealed another chink in Peter's arm... we knew he was a mommas boy, but this really goes far.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:22 PM
Elite Fan

Mare, what about the possibility that the campaign can bring them together??? Idk but I am not sold on Alicia not loving Peter...I think she wants to make it work. Idk for me, I saw it differently, I saw it as Alicia making it clear to Will that romance is not enough. and I happen to agree with her. I have a feeling that A/P relationship will get better. Perhaps I am to optimisitc

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 05-25-2010, 10:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well, Peter is changing for the better -- that's clear, and I'm happy about that, although it looks as if he's too late to save his marriage, which is very unfortunate and will probably make me stop watching this show somewhere down the road. I only hope he gets a chance to be a great SA, because I think he can be. Childs is an awful one.

The ending sucked. Really.

Somebody mentioned Peter being a "mommy's boy". I like to think that Peter puts blood/family first, and I like this. I like this about the show, which is why I'm disappointed that the last image, a lasting one, was Will on Alicia's phone, and her standing there in front of an entire press pool, with a smile slipping off Peter's face. She's not thinking about family. In fact, judging by this whole episode's events, the procedural stuff included, I think that Alicia and Peter have swapped roles. She's the boss, the dark-grey hat, now.

That's all for now.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:31 PM
Elite Fan

Jackie is beyond crazy. I can see why Alicia and the kids always said she was. I never really thought she was crazy until now. She was scary and that talk about blood. That just left me . But I do like this new development...you can tell politics are in the Florricks' blood. Very Kennedyesque.

I ship Kalinda and the cop...they need a thread. The scene between her and the cop at the bar was intense. How many times has Kalinda chased after him? I think that's a little telling. She looked like she was going to cry.

Now I admit Kalinda has chemistry with the FBI agent but that agent gets on my nerves. I like the cop. Kalinda and the cop have chemistry too. That kiss they shared in the car was HOT.

Alicia and Will were perfect. I loved their scenes. I loved the Alicia and Giada scene they were both sizing each other up.

During the dinner that Alicia and Will had, a thought came to me. That this was a little teaser of how things could be if they ever got together. Talking, eating dinner, and working on a case together. Alicia was so happy when Will surprised her with dinner.

Peter turning down that ****ty waitress. I knew right away when she walked over to the table, to give them the bill, things were up. I didn't even have to see her face to know something was rotten in Denmark.

It does kind of suck that when Peter is turning his life around that Alicia is in a completely different place. That happens though, if he hadn't cheated in the first place...they wouldn't even be in this situation. Karma is a _______ Not that Peter deserves to be emotionally cheated on because that is what Alicia is doing and it's not right. He doesn't deserve this.

I don't know what will happen next season but the fact that Alicia asked Will for a plan makes it clear that she has considered being with him. She needs security and she knows that if she leaves Peter it better be for something solid. Right now I don't think Will can provide that and JC said in his LA times interview that Will isn't her knight and shining armor. So IF she leaves Peter and starts a relationship with Will doesn't mean her problems will be fixed. If anything her worries will quadruple. Peter is running for reelection...Alicia not knowing if this is what she wants is a problem. Season 2 is going to be so good. I don't think I can wait until fall.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

what are kalinda and fbi agent doing?
oooh they're at SLG!!
ah there's Amy Acker..
wow very mysterious.. so this is about witness protection..

wow odd conversation between Alicia and that law student girl..

oh wow that cop guy is part of this? Kalinda doesn't like that..

awwww family dinner...
ah the part of the script and here we thought Alicia wasn't part of this LOL

LOL Peter gets a woman's phone number..

oh wow that guy is dead
seems like this is Kalinda's big story, she's very much involved from all sides..

LOL Diane is on ballistics..we all know why! McVeigh!!

Eli!!!
He's great at storytelling.. but the girl dies in the story.. that's sad..

McVeigh!! YAY!!
I love the bickering between these two..

Will has diner with that school girl.

Cary!! at the firm.. Why?
Oooh Alicia vs Cary.. and he's here for the deposition.. This is interesting..
LOL I love Cary's responses to Alicia.
its funny how Alicia says Cary and Cary says mrs Florrick

Will and Diane actually check Cary out.. Cute.. Even Kalinda checks him out and we get a smile, is that for Kalinda?!

another Jackie and Eli Gold encounter?
Jackie is fierce.. I love that!
and Eli intimidated by Jackie.

even Diane laughs at Cary ..cute!!
Diane doesn't look too happy at the end though

Kalinda is up to something.. and she found the stuff!!

Will keeps on flirting with law student girl.
Cary enjoys Alicia losing way too much!! Fabulous!! LOL

but kalinda sees another twist in the story
Is it odd that I want Cary to win the case? LOL

wow great convo between Jackie and that priest

wow first meeting between AW at a pool party..

oh wow the wife was at that house at the night of the murder.

oh the cop and kalinda are not friendly anymore with each other..

the press conference... all the bits from the promo.. I'm surprised they end the ep with this..

Will calls Alicia.. and Alicia needs a plan.. Wow Will is stunned..
and Will calls again! What will Alicia do?

Great finale, I just don't like that the end was already revealed in the promo!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 05-26-2010, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

LOOOOOOVED it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See why I'm a multishipper and can never pick a side?? Both men were great tonight, and saw her having a good time with both, sometimes I feel like she likes them both too, like me, lol!

A/P - I LOVED the family dinner, awwww everybody talking and laughing, and I don't know if it was just me, but somehow I felt A/P closer tonight, like when she comes back to the table and he asks "what's wrong?" and puts his hand on her back (or the back of the chair, can't tell, but it's still a gesture that shows intimacy and I loved it), and when he was answering the kids questions, the way she looked at him seemed affectionate, I liked it. And I also loved the ending when he says "I want you to work", I love the way he said it like I won't ask you to drop your life for me, you know? It's different from the beginning of the season where her working was something only temporary to him, like he didn't take it seriously or that it didn't make sense to him that she'd want to work once he was out. Now it seemed like he already understands, accepts and respects this new part of her life.

A/W - AGKWGASDFDFJGKHJK AWWWWWWW DINNER!!!!!!!!!!! Can't believe it finally happened, and I LOVE the way it happened, that it was something as simple as pizza and beers and that was all they needed, just spending time together. I loved that he surprised her with it , since going out was never possible, he did the best he coul with what they could have. I love how he made himself very clear all along Loved their conversation about how they met, how happy they were and how much fun they were having. "It was worth the wait" awwww indeed it was! And I LOVE their phone conversation in the end, you can see it hurts him to be turned down yet again, but you see it hurts her too cause it's not that she doesn't want to be with him, it's just that it's not just about what she wants, it's a lot more complicated than that, she has her responsibilites, she has her kids, and she won't just jump into a new relationship withoutknowing that this one will work. Of course there are no guarantees, but I agree that a plan is needed now, she doesn't want anymore scandals in her life and in the lives of everyone that's connected to her, her family.

I don't know, I just like her relationships with both Peter and Will so interesting and there are so many possibilities for both, I think the show will never focus on just one, just A/P or just A/W, because no matter what happens she'll always be connected to both, she'll always have a history with both, and there'll always be the chance of a future with both. I love this!

Now on other stuff:

- At first I thought I was gonna be annoyed by Cary, but I ended loving him, I looooooved his smile for kalinda, awwwww And then to Diane too, she seemed so proud of him, actually all three of them Will, Diane and Kalinda looking at him seemed to be admiring what a great lawyer he is. This made me happy, I felt like he still likes everyone there

- Diane/McVeigh

- Jackie....I don't know if it's just me who feels this way, but her attitude is not only annoying, it's ridiculous. I get it, she's a mom who thinks her son is a prince who can do no wrong, but the way she talks about him ugh it's like he's a little baby who needs to be protected from the evil people who make him realize he's just like everyone else and not the best. That conversation with the priest was crazy, but most of all it was annoying. If she doesn't believe in what the pastor is doing, ok, but this is not for her to judge, if Peter wants his guidance it's none of her business. The pastor is not making him feel like he's a bad man, he pointed out that he's made mistakes, as far as I know. Admitting your mistakes isn't saying you're a person, that's just being humble, how can that be bad? Ugh I don't know if I'm making sense, I just wanted to say that she deeply annoyed me tonight and has annoyed me a lot lately with this "my son is perfect and don't you dare say otherwise" attitude

icon by madness
Old 05-26-2010, 02:54 AM
met
New Fan

I think this is a bad end. For end to end, Will's call is for the fans .Alicia is very strange last minute. I felt very soap opera. That law school student, I can not stand her.Writers write her so rich and powerful is funny .They perhaps wanted her father to be become the third partner.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:19 AM
Extreme Fan

Well Kiki, I wish I was as optimistic as you. There certainly is potential for lots of interesting stuff to happen re the campaign. That could be fun and interesting . But I am looking at the big picture ... it is obvious she will be with Peter in the short term..but the finale was the chance to finally show that Alicia was at least ambivalent in her feelings toward Peter. Yes, she softened ever so slightly but the scene with the kids to me reinforced she is in it for family, not Peter.

There were esp in this epi, lots of scenes with Will, almost none with her and Peter alone exploring their rlshp... and the last part of S1 has been a disaster for A/P. Now that she has clarified she wants to be with Will, really , will she really put effort into her rlshp with Peter... if anything a campaign will bring up more tensions between them. Even if there are a few good moments ...at the end of the day she has chosen Will not Peter(altho I agree, that rlshp will go thru ups and downs for sure ).
Frankly I think writers have done this intentionally....there have been so few positive scenes between A/P(rlshp wise) that most viewers( except a few die hards like us) would not have any investment in them as a couple ... there is no " you make me a better man", simply , I need you to be involved , which could be taken cynically. So when they officially break up, it will be a lot less painful.
It is too bad, as I do think Peter is changing...(although I think the Jackie thing goes too far)... I have problems with the fact that much is made of how awful Peter was and how he humilated alicia, but she has now indicated she would really rather be with someone else, if only it could be worked out without the "noise"... which is pretty dishonest, at least emotionally to Peter ( whether he deserves it or not). Really option 3 is the fairest ....
Old 05-26-2010, 07:34 AM
Master Fan

Loved this episode. Loved it. It's incredible, they haven't disappointed once throughout the whole season. I'm so in love with this show.

First, I loved how Alicia put her foot down and told Eli there where limits. I think it's part of her evoluton since the very beginning, I don't know if she would have done that on the first episodes.

Dinner with Will finally happened! Yay! Loved to see them laughing, when she says "let's do it!", so perky and cute.

So the wife turned out to be a real b**ch. Wow. Did not see that one coming.

Diane and Kurt: love those two.

Alicia showmetheplan Florrick. The scene I loved the most. Of course, she is going to join Peter on stage, but still, I loved to see her consider another option. Eli's "you're going to make my life more complicated". Nods.
Show me the plan= show me that this can truly work, that it is a sure thing. It would be great if Will was calling again to "show her the plan", but I guess I'll just have to wait (many, many many days) and see... (even though I have a pretty good idea of what's going to happen)
Old 05-26-2010, 07:55 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm too depressed to write or think about it right now. The impending void that I had been trying to deny has finally set in. Loved the episode, hated the cliffhanger. Well, didn't hate it, but thought it was a bit cruel. If the writers don't want the show to be perceived as/centered on the A/P/W triangle then they shouldn't end the first season on a cliffhanger resting on A/P/W drama. It's mixed signal overload.
I did love the episode though, and it caps an entire season which has been one of my absolute favorites. I'll watch it again tonight and think over it and post after that.

And I'm in for a systematic rewatch. Right now, that's what's really making me happy. So many new posters have joined in later (including me) who never got a chance to weigh in on the earlier episodes. So it'll be fun.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the welcome Det.Logan. Good to be aboard.

I like the cliff-hanger ending. The outcome I predict is Alicia will ignore Will's call, take Peter's hand and join him on the podium. But there's a world of difference between adopting that stance in the moment... I mean how could she not?.... and being reconciled with it. The pressure of the occasion demands it. And I don't believe she's there out of a debt to Eli. I'm starting to see her as pretty much guided by her own well-grounded, socially responsible instincts. As for the future, she has declared she wants to continue working, and Peter is on side with that. She has opened herself up to Will's search for a "plan" for them. Smart guy that he is, I can see him applying himself to that task. All in all, brilliant set-up for Season 2.

[Notwithstanding the surprising smack-down my first post garnered, I remain hopeful that this is a friendly forum where people disagree graciously.]