Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Now this is something to discuss. Let's try walking in her shoes for awhile, imagine Alicia having sex with the husband who has been with a hooker 18 times. Would you call it "loving" or just "primal necessity"? I mean, for me there's a huge difference between the two. She accepted him back yes, but not for sure in a "hell yeah finally let's open the dances again!", it was more a "let's try to settle to my old life again".
Quote:
I think she tried to save the marriage for all sorts of reasons but love. As I see it, her love for Peter died after the scandall. Part of her will always love him b/c he's the father of her children and I think it's that part that at some point down the road decided to give him chance and for some time it seemed to work, she allowed herself to slip back into her old life. I do believe though that she and Peter shared the marital bed to do more than just sleep but I only base that on the fact that Peter expressed that he wanted a real marriage, he wanted back into her bed and I doubt that he would settle for just sleeping And they did have sex, remember that bathroomscene (yuk!).
I tend to agree with Sophia. I think Peter back in Alicia's bed in not about sex. It's about giving a chance to her family as a whole. It was not about her, her own desire as a woman, but her as a mother. They spent something like 15/16 years together, she gave a second chance, which makes sense given who she is.
But didn't work ... which I'm glad as a W/A shipper
Old 08-25-2011, 02:47 PM
Elite Fan

I agree with you. What Alicia had after the scandal wasn´t love. I thinks she didn´t make love with Peter she just had sex. I hope she finally make love with Will after two years of no love.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaSophia (View Post)
I think she tried to save the marriage for all sorts of reasons but love. As I see it, her love for Peter died after the scandall. Part of her will always love him b/c he's the father of her children
I agree. I think she stayed with him because of the kids and because she didn't want every single thing to fall apart, I guess

Quote:
And they did have sex, remember that bathroomscene (yuk!).
and Heart
Old 08-25-2011, 03:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandaLaFleurMC (View Post)
...... and Heart
Yes, but she sort of used him as a tool there so IMO that doesn't really count.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yes, but she sort of used him as a tool there so IMO that doesn't really count.
oh I agree

do you think they are going to show us some W/A on the special?
Old 08-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I think they will, it's a big part of the whole story. So they'll definitely show us W/A from the first two seasons and probably a little bit of what's to come for these two.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

oh I meant new stuff. I have no idea how much they are going to show us, or talk about but I want new W/A. One month is too much to wait for
Old 08-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Well I hope they're not going to show us a lot of new stuff, I want to be surprised! That little snippet in the second promo was promissing so a little bit more than that and I'll be good. I agree a month is a long time to wait but look on the bright side we have 3/4 of the hiatus behind us! We're almost there! We have a saying in Dutch, I can't literally translate it, but it goes something like "the last part of the road is always most difficult". This wait is nothing different but it will end!
Old 08-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well I hope they're not going to show us a lot of new stuff, I want to be surprised!
oh same, but I need something. A bit longer than the promo thing and I'll be happy.

Quote:
"the last part of the road is always most difficult"
definitely. but I think the last week will be the easiest because I'll have so many shows coming back. And hopefully we will have some Emmy celebration to do
Old 08-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I strongly hope.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
definitely. but I think the last week will be the easiest because I'll have so many shows coming back. And hopefully we will have some Emmy celebration to do
You're right, so many other shows to look forward to as well. So in fact it's only a little over 3 weeks before our favourite shows come back! In the mean time I'm watching dvd's from old shows which is also a lot of fun!

About the Emmy's: I totally agree with you! Hopefully we can celebrate! All TGW nominated deserve to win!
Old 08-25-2011, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
In the mean time I'm watching dvd's from old shows which is also a lot of fun!
yes

Quote:
About the Emmy's: I totally agree with you! Hopefully we can celebrate! All TGW nominated deserve to win!
at least Julianna should win and maybe Alan or Josh (but I love all the performances I know from their category)

anyway, we are way out of topic (you should show up on the OT thread)

credit
Old 08-25-2011, 05:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I couldn't agree more!! Such a beautiful sequence of scenes!

Quote:
(you should show up on the OT thread)
I never thought of that But it has to be tomorrow I'm off to bed now, it's close to 2 am here!
Old 08-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the tally, Sabrina. Looks like we have our semi-finalists already. Do you guys want to give it one more day before having to make the difficult choice?

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 08-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I couldn't agree more!! Such a beautiful sequence of scenes!
right? I'm never getting over it

Quote:
I never thought of that But it has to be tomorrow I'm off to bed now, it's close to 2 am here!
come, people are really nice and goodnight! sweet dreams!