Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
overall happy with the great things I heard about Diane for next season
FINALLY! Now let's wait for them to do more than talk about it. (and hopefully we'll get some kind of storyline for Kalinda soon too, one that DOESN'T involve chemistry with Cary )

Quote:
And now I'll go hiding into my beloved DenialLand! You're not funny, Christine!
and she has a terrible taste in men

Thanks Ellie

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 07-15-2011, 08:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
one that DOESN'T involve chemistry with Cary
Don't get me started on that.

Quote:
Thank god! I thought i was the only one who grimaced at the mention of him.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Don't get me started on that.
it's not the appropriate thread anyway but I feel like everyone's getting a storyline this season except Kalinda and I'm worried.

That doesn't mean I'm not happy Diane is finally getting one because THAT one, I've been waiting for 2 seasons! And of course it has to be because they want to keep Eli on and have no idea what to do with him but that's forgiven if it gives Diane something to do.

Quote:
I thought i was the only one who grimaced at the mention of him
You're not Never was a fan of his and I'm kinda happy he will never be on the show because I'd have my finger on the skip button and I just don't want to skip Diane!

Old 07-15-2011, 09:03 PM
BK.
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I'll third that!!

“There’s a bond that will endure whatever journey we go on.” ~Josh Charles on A/W
Old 07-16-2011, 01:00 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
I wouldn't say that, cause she loves Colin too but I'm not a fan of HG either, although I wouldn't go as far as skipping Diane scenes. Of course we won't see him on the show anyway so none of us will have to skip anything.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:07 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
That doesn't mean I'm not happy Diane is finally getting one because THAT one, I've been waiting for 2 seasons! And of course it has to be because they want to keep Eli on and have no idea what to do with him but that's forgiven if it gives Diane something to do.
Finally she'll have the screentime she deserves. Hopefully. And I also hope this political involvment means more screentime with Alicia too.

Quote:
You're not Never was a fan of his and I'm kinda happy he will never be on the show because I'd have my finger on the skip button and I just don't want to skip Diane!
Finally someone who agrees with me! DenialLand is such a nice place...
Old 07-16-2011, 04:37 AM
New Fan

Congrats to Christine! I'm so happy Diane is having her own storyline in S3.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And I also hope this political involvment means more screentime with Alicia too.
I hope it won't be the kind of scenes we saw in the last few episodes though... with Diane forcing Alicia to do things and Alicia resenting it. That would be beneath both characters.

Somehow I doubt Alicia's "political involvement" next season will be anything but arm-twisting. I just hope it's Eli doing the twisting because I can't stand him already so that won't make me lose much to despise him in addition.

I wouldn't want Diane to be in that situation. And I'd prefer her involvement to be more personal that her getting involved in the Peter Florrick for whatever campaigning.

Quote:
I wouldn't say that, cause she loves Colin too
Colin who?

Old 07-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Colin who?
Colin Firth
Old 07-16-2011, 01:51 PM
Elite Fan

oh ok. I thought Colin Farrel and I was like "that's definitely not better"

Old 07-16-2011, 01:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I thought Colin Farrel and I was like "that's definitely not better"
Aren't you the one who hates SWAT?
Old 07-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Aren't you the one who hates SWAT?
me? I don't think I've seen it. I try to stay away from his movies unless I really have to see them. I might reconsider if Christine was in a movie with him for example... maybe

Old 07-17-2011, 09:05 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I hope it won't be the kind of scenes we saw in the last few episodes though... with Diane forcing Alicia to do things and Alicia resenting it. That would be beneath both characters.
I didn't like the arm twisting either. Specially when Diane gave her the afternoon off. Somehow, I don't think she's the kind of woman who does something just like because someone else told her to.

Quote:
I wouldn't want Diane to be in that situation. And I'd prefer her involvement to be more personal that her getting involved in the Peter Florrick for whatever campaigning.
Yes, also because I don't think she's a big fan of Peter. What I've seen of her so far totally clashes with who Peter is.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Somehow, I don't think she's the kind of woman who does something just like because someone else told her to.
Yeah that was fuzzy to say the least. It's not as if she'd been involved (or interested) at all in the Florrick campaign before. The closest she'd come to being involved was playing messenger for Eli with Adler and she did it only because she thought Adler would hurt the cause by being a candidate.

Also Wendy was also a Democrat, and a woman so you'd expect Diane to be rooting for her instead of helping the Peter camp along

Quote:
What I've seen of her so far totally clashes with who Peter is.
I know! I hope they at least get into that next season. A little conflict of interest with Eli might go a long way to make any "political" storyline more credible.
He's a client who's going to work for the firm. He represents Peter, the SA who's going to be working against the firm. Alicia's stuck in the middle. Realistically, this has "disaster" and conflict written all over it.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:51 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Yeah that was fuzzy to say the least. It's not as if she'd been involved (or interested) at all in the Florrick campaign before. The closest she'd come to being involved was playing messenger for Eli with Adler and she did it only because she thought Adler would hurt the cause by being a candidate.
The thing with Adler was personal. It was a mix of vengeance and self preservation. I don't think that if it were someone else, she'd have complied with Eli's request.

Quote:
I know! I hope they at least get into that next season. A little conflict of interest with Eli might go a long way to make any "political" storyline more credible.
He's a client who's going to work for the firm. He represents Peter, the SA who's going to be working against the firm. Alicia's stuck in the middle. Realistically, this has "disaster" and conflict written all over it.
It has indeed and I can't wait to see that happening on screen. Really, I can't see her support someone like Peter in any way. He's an alpha male who's exploited his power for his own business and plasure and who hasn't shown a little bit of respect for the women around him. Def not the person Diane Lockhart, heart bleeding liberal feminist would endorse. Moreover, I think that, despite her initial...let's call it skepticism, she's developed some fondness for Alicia and that scene in her office in the finale was a real proof to me.