Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eudoxie (View Post)
When Wendy said they knew Diane's hands're clean, she did ask how they knew
Exactly I mean Wendy knows it, so that means other in Chicago know it too. Maybe we can get some of these "things" that have made Diane have dirty hands I don't even care what it is, just something!

Quote:
But I really don't understand why Diane doesn't get her own storylines, she's a beloved character, not to mention that Christine's talent is totally wasted
Agree, you know I think it goes back to balance and how the writers just don't really know how to. Its almost as if they feel firm problems are enough to give Diane a storyline and only because they don't even seen to put Will in charge of firm stuff. Does that make sense? Its kind of ridiculous, if they would stop with the "firm is going down" business then I feel they could give Diane another storyline that didn't have to do with saving the firm.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 12-12-2012, 09:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
Exactly I mean Wendy knows it, so that means other in Chicago know it too. Maybe we can get some of these "things" that have made Diane have dirty hands I don't even care what it is, just something!
I really wish they would dig into her past as well, like they do with almost every character. And I wouldn't mind seeing a family member either, I can't believe she doesn't have a life, family, friends. I didn't buy the 'her best friend is a senator' thing to be honest.

Quote:
Agree, you know I think it goes back to balance and how the writers just don't really know how to. Its almost as if they feel firm problems are enough to give Diane a storyline and only because they don't even seen to put Will in charge of firm stuff. Does that make sense? Its kind of ridiculous, if they would stop with the "firm is going down" business then I feel they could give Diane another storyline that didn't have to do with saving the firm.
It kind of seems like the writers think the firm is Diane's life and that's it. Why can't they think out of the box? And they are just messing up her relationships with men, they don't make too much sense. And like you said the balance is awful and Diane suffers the most because of that.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And I wouldn't mind seeing a family member either, I can't believe she doesn't have a life, family, friends. I didn't buy the 'her best friend is a senator' thing to be honest.
I agree, a family member would be great. A sister, a bother, something that gives us a little more insight. Honestly like you said thats all we really know about Diane, she loves her firm and she is well connected. But nothing else a little more deep. I think is only fair, we have meet a relative of all the characters expect Diane. I think is time.

Quote:
Why can't they think out of the box?
They are really struggling here, really badly. Maybe if they moved away from this firm is "dying" storyline, they would be forced to actually come up with more fresh ideas.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 12-12-2012, 09:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I think is only fair, we have meet a relative of all the characters expect Diane. I think is time.
But then they would have to have Diane talk about sth other than the firm or a case and it might kill them I just don't get why is it so hard, it really is not, we do it in fanfics all the time
Quote:
They are really struggling here, really badly. Maybe if they moved away from this firm is "dying" storyline, they would be forced to actually come up with more fresh ideas.
Maybe, but will it ever happen? I get that it's not always the same trouble, and I get that it's life, but well it's actually boring already.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But then they would have to have Diane talk about sth other than the firm or a case and it might kill them
I know right. I get that they need to keep a balance between law/personal, BUT how do they NOT already understand that people watching mostly care about personal the law should be in the background. And we want "good" personal stuff not ridiculous husband BS.

Quote:
Maybe, but will it ever happen?
I don't know. I wish, I really wish they could just go back to giving us more insight about the characters, I miss that.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 12-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I know right. I get that they need to keep a balance between law/personal, BUT how do they NOT already understand that people watching mostly care about personal the law should be in the background.
Exactly! And you know when a case is interesting I actually like that too, but mostly they are either boring or ridiculous and focus on the guests we couldn't care less about is really a waste of screentime and our time.
Quote:
And we want "good" personal stuff not ridiculous husband BS.
Amen to that!
Quote:
I don't know. I wish, I really wish they could just go back to giving us more insight about the characters, I miss that.
They should have the regulars interact with each other about sth other than work, it would solve all problems
Old 12-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Exactly! And you know when a case is interesting I actually like that too, but mostly they are either boring or ridiculous and focus on the guests we couldn't care less about is really a waste of screentime and our time.
Exactly, and the case are alright sometimes, I would watch them, but why do they have to overshadow the whole episode

Quote:
They should have the regulars interact with each other about sth other than work, it would solve all problems
I knowwwwww right! There is so much wonderful things they can do with the characters interacting with each other. They would have material for yearrrrs.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 12-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Exactly, and the case are alright sometimes, I would watch them, but why do they have to overshadow the whole episode
I get that there needs to be a case each week, but again they should find the balance.
Quote:
I knowwwwww right! There is so much wonderful things they can do with the characters interacting with each other. They would have material for yearrrrs.
They really would! They have created great characters and instead of messing them up they should use them wisely. It would make everyone happy if we see them more and their various relationships would evolve.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It would make everyone happy if we see them more and their various relationships would evolve.
Everyone indeed! Thats all we want really, seeing our characters interact with one another. It would go such a long way to see K/D scenes, more A/D scene not case related, more W/K, D/C, C/W, K/A, more W/D, and W/A. They have a wealth of interactions to explore!

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 12-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Everyone indeed! Thats all we want really, seeing our characters interact with one another. It would go such a long way to see K/D scenes, more A/D scene not case related, more W/K, D/C, C/W, K/A, more W/D, and W/A. They have a wealth of interactions to explore!
That is really all we want! There's a perfectly wonderful cast, what's the point in separating them from each other all the time on screen and bringing in one new face after the other? It's time they dig deeper into some of those relationships, it's the 4th season already!
Old 12-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's time they dig deeper into some of those relationships, it's the 4th season already!
Seriously and we know they can do it! They just read to re-focus on what people want!

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 12-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Seriously and we know they can do it! They just read to re-focus on what people want!
Of course they can, there were some promising scenes in s4 already, but not enough!
Old 12-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Of course they can, there were some promising scenes in s4 already, but not enough!
Indeed, there have been little pockets of greatness.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 12-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It was sad to see our lady's topic on the 3rd page, but well it's understandable. We spend our time mostly with ranting in the episode threads lately on CBC.
Believe me we have a hard time maintaining any conversation in any thread but the A/P thread these days. Even the Kalinda fans gave up.

Quote:
Not sure I agree with everything (Jackie , more guests???? )
I think the Jackie thing is very cliché but I don't mind it if it doesn't take any more screen time than it has. As for the guests, I'm with them. We need less tv crappy guests like TR Knight and Amanda Peet etc and more classy actors like Bebe and F. Murray Abraham. They don't need a lot to do to be impressive, unlike the others they write loooooong scenes for. In S1, there were a lot of guests already, better quality guests who didn't need the episode to be about them to be noticed, you know?

Quote:
but the Diane-suggestion is nice, although not enough
But hey, she's a gay icon.

Quote:
But I really don't understand why Diane doesn't get her own storylines, she's a beloved character, not to mention that Christine's talent is totally wasted
I think Christine is asking for light schedules. Doesn't mean they couldn't give her an episode every once in a while! But then again, when you see what they do with Kalinda...

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 12-13-2012, 08:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Believe me we have a hard time maintaining any conversation in any thread but the A/P thread these days. Even the Kalinda fans gave up.
I don't blame them either. It's so sad though
Quote:
I think the Jackie thing is very cliché but I don't mind it if it doesn't take any more screen time than it has.
It really doesn't take too much screentime and she's kind of an important character, so I'm glad to see her getting involved in a way. It used to be more fun though.
Quote:
As for the guests, I'm with them. We need less tv crappy guests like TR Knight and Amanda Peet etc and more classy actors like Bebe and F. Murray Abraham. They don't need a lot to do to be impressive, unlike the others they write loooooong scenes for. In S1, there were a lot of guests already, better quality guests who didn't need the episode to be about them to be noticed, you know?
I get what you mean and if I had to choose between one or the other, I'd choose the classy actors of course, but I still think guests take up too much screentime in general, that should be reduced. Like when they took over the case in 4x9, or the ridiculous case with Christina Ricci. I really just want them to focus more on the regulars and not put them in the background for nothing.
Quote:
But hey, she's a gay icon.
I don't think it's the first time I heard this
Quote:
I think Christine is asking for light schedules. Doesn't mean they couldn't give her an episode every once in a while!
I'm not complaining about the screentime, I'm complaining about the lack of storylines focusing on her. It's always about another character, or the firm.
Quote:
But then again, when you see what they do with Kalinda...
Yeah, that was a huge sc.... up.