Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2017, 04:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Oh I thought that she left because they didn't have a story for her once Colin died, but maybe you are right. Maybe there were other reasons.

If we talk about female friend of Amy then yeah Hannah replaced supposedly Laynie. I actually don't think that Hannah and Amy were that close friends. They were kind of too different on some topics and they didn't always want to meet in the middle. In any case for me honestly Amy and Hannah became friends because of Ephram. I don't see them getting them closer if Hannah wasn't with Nina. Don't get me wrong. I like Sarah Drew and the Hannah character is not bad, but Laynie wins me over every time.
Me too. I much preferred Laynie and absolutely hated when the character was written off the show. Amy and Laynie matched perfectly as friends. You understood why they were friends.

Quote:
Interesting. I didn't know that. I also think that if Hannah was supposed to be obsessed with Amy, she would have been recurring character and wouldn't stay till the end of Season 4. And I guess she also wouldn't have something with Bright. Maybe they changed for the Bright/Hannah story?
I remember back in the day the speculation was those sides of Hannah being the obsessed, stalker (I can seriously remember visually reading them, they were real!) was Berlanti's idea. But when he decided to step slightly away from the show and Rina would run it (while he would oversee everything) then the Hannah character was changed to what it ended up being. Rina put her own personal touches on the character of Hannah and she mentioned that more than once. She WAS Hannah growing up so she wrote the character based on some of her own personal experiences. But before this time, the character of Hannah was meant to be an obsessed stalker that would be written off rather quickly. I remember reading sides showing her getting really personal with Amy, drilling her with questions, always being around. She would also want Ephram too, not because she truly wanted him, but because Amy did and she wanted to BE Amy. It was really freaky. I think Sarah Drew could have done wonders with this storyline actually. But I remember as fast as those sides were shown to us on Fanbolt spoilers (there was someone who typed up each side for each episode over there) new ones showing the changed Hannah showed up too... within like two weeks time roughly.

Quote:
Exactly LOL! The guys in our class were like too stunned to even comment on how wrong this was. The girl was in the class of the brother of one of our classmates. That's why we knew that story. Also our English teacher (who was responsible for our class all 5 years) was teaching this class so he had mentioned it as well. Not sure if it's the same with you, but in our high schools the whole class (for the whole year) is split in several groups. Each group has around 26 people. And this is what we call class. So our year had 8 such groups. Each group had responsible teacher. This teacher is the one that communicates with parents if there are problems with some student. For our year it was really hard to keep the same teacher responsible for us all 5 years. We were actually the only group that managed to do so. We really appreciated our teacher. He was our English teacher, we spent in 8th grade almost the time with him because we had like 22 hours English in the week. We bought him some present each year. We organized over night staying trips with him and the whole group. We bought a present for his daughter when she was born and we even met in the park with his woman and the baby. In the end of our last year we gave him a tea mug with all of our names.
Interesting! Yes, our high school is set up differently but this is really interesting. Once again, you are commending a teacher too. It seems like overall you had some great teachers while growing up?

But yes, that girl sounds like a handful, lol.

Quote:
This was my train of thought as well. If Bright knew that Colin was about to break up with Amy, he wouldn't mark his friend's territory with Ephram. So most probably he didn't know. However I do think that Colin would have talked to him about this.
Yes, I really don't think Bright knew or else he wouldn't have behaved like he did towards Ephram. I wonder if Colin didn't tell him because he couldn't find the right words. It seemed like Bright was rather oblivious to Amy being upset before they went on that horrible ride that essentially killed Colin in the future. I wonder if Bright just went with a "Don't ask, don't tell" sort of thing since it was weird his best friend was dating his sister and he didn't want the details necessarily. Maybe that's why Colin didn't mention it. Or maybe he was planning to but ran out of time for obvious reasons.

Last edited by jediwands; 01-28-2017 at 04:13 AM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 07:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Me too. I much preferred Laynie and absolutely hated when the character was written off the show. Amy and Laynie matched perfectly as friends. You understood why they were friends.
I loved Laynie. She is actually my favorite Everwood female character so yeah I wasn't happy that she magically disappeared after Colin died.

Quote:
I remember back in the day the speculation was those sides of Hannah being the obsessed, stalker (I can seriously remember visually reading them, they were real!) was Berlanti's idea. But when he decided to step slightly away from the show and Rina would run it (while he would oversee everything) then the Hannah character was changed to what it ended up being.
I don't remember know why Berlanti stepped down? Did he work on another show?

Quote:
Rina put her own personal touches on the character of Hannah and she mentioned that more than once. She WAS Hannah growing up so she wrote the character based on some of her own personal experiences. But before this time, the character of Hannah was meant to be an obsessed stalker that would be written off rather quickly. I remember reading sides showing her getting really personal with Amy, drilling her with questions, always being around. She would also want Ephram too, not because she truly wanted him, but because Amy did and she wanted to BE Amy. It was really freaky.
It sure sounds freaky.

Quote:
I think Sarah Drew could have done wonders with this storyline actually. But I remember as fast as those sides were shown to us on Fanbolt spoilers (there was someone who typed up each side for each episode over there) new ones showing the changed Hannah showed up too... within like two weeks time roughly.
Sarah would have nailed it. She actually plays in the second episode of Castle. She is killer there, like crazy stalker ex-girlfriend. Oh she plays this role really great.

Quote:
Interesting! Yes, our high school is set up differently but this is really interesting. Once again, you are commending a teacher too. It seems like overall you had some great teachers while growing up?
I have never had problems with teachers. I liked some more than others, but overall I have been lucky to have great teachers. This teacher was 26/27 when we started in 8th grade. We were the first class he was responsible for. So we were special for him as well. Actually whenever we have class meeting we invite and he comes. Of course we play for his expenses.
Quote:
But yes, that girl sounds like a handful, lol.
She was. All were disappointed because our school wasn't associated with such behavior. We weren't used to such behavior in our school.

Quote:
Yes, I really don't think Bright knew or else he wouldn't have behaved like he did towards Ephram. I wonder if Colin didn't tell him because he couldn't find the right words. It seemed like Bright was rather oblivious to Amy being upset before they went on that horrible ride that essentially killed Colin in the future. I wonder if Bright just went with a "Don't ask, don't tell" sort of thing since it was weird his best friend was dating his sister and he didn't want the details necessarily. Maybe that's why Colin didn't mention it. Or maybe he was planning to but ran out of time for obvious reasons.
I assume that they had set up some boundaries. In a way Bright was this way with Ephram as well. He kind of separated the two things - him being Ephram's friend and him being Amy's brother. I would assume he wouldn't want to discuss relationship matter with either of them. I still think that Colin would have talked to him though because breaking up is huge deal.

Last edited by secretk; 01-28-2017 at 07:56 AM
secretk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I don't remember know why Berlanti stepped down? Did he work on another show?
Jack & Bobby was what he was directly working on and then Brothers & Sisters after that. So my guess is working on the one and preparing for the other during season 3 Everwood.

Quote:
Sarah would have nailed it. She actually plays in the second episode of Castle. She is killer there, like crazy stalker ex-girlfriend. Oh she plays this role really great.
I have a feeling I would have much preferred seeing Sarah play this version of Hannah.

Quote:

I have never had problems with teachers. I liked some more than others, but overall I have been lucky to have great teachers. This teacher was 26/27 when we started in 8th grade. We were the first class he was responsible for. So we were special for him as well. Actually whenever we have class meeting we invite and he comes. Of course we play for his expenses.
That's great!

Quote:
I assume that they had set up some boundaries. In a way Bright was this way with Ephram as well. He kind of separated the two things - him being Ephram's friend and him being Amy's brother. I would assume he wouldn't want to discuss relationship matter with either of them. I still think that Colin would have talked to him though because breaking up is huge deal.
Bright definitely tried to separate things. He never wanted to get directly involved in Ephram/Amy's romantic relationship even if he was around and sometimes brought into it. Overall, you could tell it wasn't his favorite thing to do. Although, he absolutely loathed Ephram carrying on in season 2 over Madison and that was the ultimate worst case scenario for him. He loathed that... and so did most of the audience.

Maybe Colin would have told him shortly before he was officially breaking up with her.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread