Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
That's the problem, indeed.
Yes it is
Old 04-09-2018, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yes it is
Old 04-09-2018, 04:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Best and worst draft picks for every NFL team over the past 10 years - NFL Nation- ESPN
Old 04-09-2018, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Has anyone ever heard of this kid?

Japan's baseball star Shohei Ohtani draws Babe Ruth comparisons - BBC News
Old 04-09-2018, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
There's talk but he's not THE talk of the league. The article is talking him up more than the buzz so far basically. It's early in the season though. Still, true baseball fans want to see more before calling him Babe Ruth II. I remember when Ichiro Suzuki (from Japan) came into the league. He got tons of buzz. While he turned out being a really good player, he was talked up like he was a God basically initially and that never turned out being true. I think the jury is still out on Shohei Ohtani. Way too early to tell.
Old 04-09-2018, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
There's talk but he's not THE talk of the league. The article is talking him up more than the buzz so far basically. It's early in the season though. Still, true baseball fans want to see more before calling him Babe Ruth II. I remember when Ichiro Suzuki (from Japan) came into the league. He got tons of buzz. While he turned out being a really good player, he was talked up like he was a God basically initially and that never turned out being true. I think the jury is still out on Shohei Ohtani. Way too early to tell.
Thanks, Michelle. It did sound pretty exaggerated!
Old 04-09-2018, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks, Michelle. It did sound pretty exaggerated!
Definitely.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Apparently Roma took down Barcelona and knocked them out of the Champions League.

I like this reality. I know someone who is a huge Barca fan that messed with me many years ago. So this result feels good man.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Apparently Roma took down Barcelona and knocked them out of the Champions League.

I like this reality. I know someone who is a huge Barca fan that messed with me many years ago. So this result feels good man.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I have a Barca hat (received from that terrible human) I threw in a fire a couple years ago, lol.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Playoffs for my hockey and basketball teams

Here's the bad luck...

Minnesota Timberwolves haven't made the playoffs in 14 years. 14! They were cruising, perfectly placed in the very tough West... then Jimmy Butler goes down and needs surgery. They have barely hung on and tonight will determine if they even get that last 8th seed. Even if they do, the injury to Jimmy has placed them in a terrible position. No way even if they get into the playoffs will they get past the first round when they would have in a 3rd or 4th seed instead. Bad luck when Jimmy got injured.

Cleveland Cavs might win the East but they don't have enough to win another championship.

Then there's hockey...

Minnesota Wild made the playoffs but several games before the end of the season? Their best defender and top three defender in all of the NHL in Ryan Suter fractures his leg. Out until next season. Screws the Wild's changes big time right there. Done.

Pittsburgh Penguins are in and have won a ton as we know, going for three in a row... but they drew dirty a$$ Philly in the first round. It's going to be a miserable series, book it.

So yes, bad luck, injuries, bad draws. It's all a frustrated mess.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Josh Rosen

... I never liked that arrogant prick from the beginning. I've always had a bad feeling about him. He's SO arrogant. His latest comments are so disgusting. I know the Browns aren't taking him so I don't have to worry about that. I hope your Giants don't take him, Betty. He might have potential, but he's so damn arrogant it's sickening. Not only does he says thing about easily being able to beat Tom Brady's winning SB record, but he's saying he doesn't need football (meaning, he's rich as is wow what a complete a$$) but that he wants to only play somewhere that has a strong Jewish community, lol. That's why he wants NYC. No one says these things before being drafted! No one! He's the absolute worst. I don't even have the words for what a moron this guy is. He should look in the mirror and work on his appearance both internally and externally because he isn't pretty.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Josh Rosen

... I never liked that arrogant prick from the beginning. I've always had a bad feeling about him. He's SO arrogant. His latest comments are so disgusting. I know the Browns aren't taking him so I don't have to worry about that. I hope your Giants don't take him, Betty. He might have potential, but he's so damn arrogant it's sickening. Not only does he says thing about easily being able to beat Tom Brady's winning SB record, but he's saying he doesn't need football (meaning, he's rich as is wow what a complete a$$) but that he wants to only play somewhere that has a strong Jewish community, lol. That's why he wants NYC. No one says these things before being drafted! No one! He's the absolute worst. I don't even have the words for what a moron this guy is. He should look in the mirror and work on his appearance both internally and externally because he isn't pretty.
Wow!! I didn't know about this guy. Jewish people play football? (kidding lol). What position does he play? Is he worth it...personality not withstanding?

ETA:

Yeah...not my type.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quarterback.

He is the QB that would be ready to play right now. However, he's small and very injury-prone. He's definitely not ranked as the top QB. That goes to either Sam Darnold or Josh Allen.

There's speculation both the Browns and Giants want nothing to do with Rosen so most likely he'll go to the NY Jets.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Penguins score!

Pittsburgh and Minnesota are playing at the exact same time. One channel away. Just my luck, lol. Without Suter I don’t give the Wild any shot but still need to cheer them on!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread