Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2017, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I wish there was some deal our men's soccer team was working on. They could use a spark LOL
Old 04-10-2017, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Celta Vigo's Giuseppe Rossi faces six months out with knee injury - ESPN FC
Old 04-10-2017, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

http://www.sbnation.com/a/nhl-playoff-bracket-2017
Old 04-10-2017, 10:47 AM
Master Fan

Our rhythmic gymnastics team got two medals this last weekend. Gold medal in the all around competition and silver medal for the 5 hoops routine. Apparently they also got maximum of 10 points for difficulty which has never happened before. So far it looks like the judges like them. We will see how will go the season.
Old 04-10-2017, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

That's awesome!

Congrats, Koni!

What tournament/competition was it?
Old 04-10-2017, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's fantastic,Koni!!!

He certainly hasn't had an easy time of it in Italy.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Americans couldn't care less as Giuseppe Rossi's sad soccer tale may be nearing its end - Goal.com

These comments:

Quote:
Please don't think of coming to MLS either.
Quote:
We may not have been able to get him for Treason but Karma sure as hell got did.
This person is right on:

Quote:
He was never chosen by Italy for a WC because no matter what he did, he would never change the fact that he was not born in Italy.
He should have understood that overseas they see Americans as crap overall when it comes to soccer. There was no way he would have been chosen by Italy in a serious way as a result.

He could have had it all here.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
That's awesome!

Congrats, Koni!
Thanks Betty and Michelle!

Quote:
What tournament/competition was it?
It's a Grand Prix tournament in Pesaro, Italy. This is typical for rhythmic gymnastics (similar to figure skating). They have numerous Grand Prix Cup tournaments and then European or World championship.

It's also some sort of precedent because the last 5-6 years Italy have been the winner of their home tournament. I think that it's a first for Bulgarian team to win this competition.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Thanks Betty and Michelle!

It's a Grand Prix tournament in Pesaro, Italy. This is typical for rhythmic gymnastics (similar to figure skating). They have numerous Grand Prix Cup tournaments and then European or World championship.

It's also some sort of precedent because the last 5-6 years Italy have been the winner of their home tournament. I think that it's a first for Bulgarian team to win this competition.
Congrats, so exciting!

How did Italy place?
Old 04-11-2017, 08:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Congrats, so exciting!

How did Italy place?
They were second . Then in the individual competition we were second and they first. In general the common opinion is that Italy and Bulgaria were the two teams that did the best given the fact that it's still early season so no team is perfect. All teams make mistakes and that's normal.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Americans couldn't care less as Giuseppe Rossi's sad soccer tale may be nearing its end - Goal.com

These comments:

This person is right on:

He should have understood that overseas they see Americans as crap overall when it comes to soccer. There was no way he would have been chosen by Italy in a serious way as a result.

He could have had it all here.
I agree with all of this… Quotes and your assessment!
Old 04-11-2017, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
They were second . Then in the individual competition we were second and they first. In general the common opinion is that Italy and Bulgaria were the two teams that did the best given the fact that it's still early season so no team is perfect. All teams make mistakes and that's normal.
That's wonderful. Do you see it as Bulgaria/Italy battling it out in the upcoming competitions? Any other country in there with the talent both countries have?
Old 04-11-2017, 09:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's wonderful. Do you see it as Bulgaria/Italy battling it out in the upcoming competitions? Any other country in there with the talent both countries have?
Russia and Spain . Overall I think that it will be battle between Bulgaria, Italy and Russia. If those teams make mistake than Spain could win something as well.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I agree with all of this… Quotes and your assessment!
It's really sad. I am not going to jump on board and say KARMA got him because he didn't choose his bread and butter aka the US from the start. His comments were weird though, saying he's American in every other way outside of the soccer field. If he didn't realize he was going to be hated for those words I don't know what to say. But it sure seems like his choices were the wrong ones when you evaluate how things played out.

Do you remember this guy? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Willett

He's the one who had the brother saying terrible things about Americans before Ryder Cup. We won the entire thing, it took place in Minnesota last summer, remember?

Anyway, Danny Willett won The Masters last year. Arguably the most prestigious golf tournament and major in the world, The Masters. He won it. His brother then makes those horrible comments about Americans/America which caused all kinds of trouble and controversy. Then USA defeated Europe. Danny Willett played like crap, got back overseas and started trashing Americans just like his brother, remember? Creep all the way around. Well, then he proceeds to play on the European tour for a year and never did a thing. He even missed many cuts in tournaments. He has sucked all year long. This years Masters was last week. Danny Willett had to give out the green jacket to the next winner. He had to serve up a meal last week too. The typical historic stuff Masters winners are a part of. So anyway, he plays in The Masters Thursday and Friday. The cut to play Saturday and Sunday was at +6. Guess what Willett ended up getting? +7. He missed the cut! So he had to sit out and couldn't play Saturday and Sunday while watching everyone else who got to play. He couldn't leave Augusta because he had to stick around and give out the new green jacket Sunday. So he had to sit around, then participate on Sunday in the winning ceremony. It had to absolutely kill him and he probably felt embarrassed being the defending champion not even making the cut, let alone his horrible year overall.

KARMA? How can you think not. LOL
Old 04-11-2017, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Russia and Spain . Overall I think that it will be battle between Bulgaria, Italy and Russia. If those teams make mistake than Spain could win something as well.
Got it!

How did Russia do in this last tournament?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread