Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan13 (View Post)
Brodeur returned tonight after four months and got the shutout! It's nice to see the whole team finally healthy again.
Congrats! 4-0!

You may be right, Dolfan. It looks like Renney was not the reason for the Rangers problems. They lost again tonight.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Master Fan

Firing a coach this late in the season is a tough thing, as the players have to get used to a new system and coach in twenty games, and those are the most important games of the season. It's going to take some time for the players and Torterella to get things going, if he can even get things going. Of course, it may end up being too late, but that's the risk of changing coaches at this point in a season.

Now, Brodeur apparently needs NO time to get going, hee. He is Superman. Although it sucked to see Clemmensen get sent down after his amazing play in Brodeur's absence. With cap issues and the amount of games Brodeur will probably play down the stretch, though, it was the right decision. Just sucks is all.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 02-27-2009, 08:31 AM
Loyal Fan

I think that they might trade Clemmensen in order to get him more playing time or trade Weekes and make Clemmensen the back up to Marty. It's good for him, though, because Clemmensen will finally be able to get a nice deal this offseason somewhere since he's going to be a free agent.

I watched some of the Rangers/Panthers highlights and I've never seen a team miss a wide open net so much. Anderson played very well for the Panthers in net but jeez. It seemed like he was lying on the ice with a wide open net about 3 or 4 times and they couldn't score.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:19 PM
Master Fan

I hope you're watching the Rangers game at the moment, Betty. They up 5-0!!
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 02-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
I hope you're watching the Rangers game at the moment, Betty. They up 5-0!!
Finally a decent result! 6-1 Rangers.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Devils really are doing great, Dolfan.

Marty Brodeur is 4 victories and 3 shutouts away from 2 NHL records.

(but I'm sure you knew that. )
Old 03-01-2009, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

Do you think your teams will do anything on trade deadline day, Dolfan and Betty? With all sorts of rumours abounding about Boston possibly adding a big name defenseman, or Washington adding a piece (possibly goaltending), other teams that think they need to push for the Cup this year might start adding pieces to help compete.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Great game by NJ and Brodeur.

I'm afraid that Lou Lamoriello will be complacent and not make any moves at the deadline. I'd like for them to add another top four defenceman but I just don't see that happening. I'm really interested in seeing if any of these teams get Pronger, Niedermayer or Kaberle.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Do you think your teams will do anything on trade deadline day, Dolfan and Betty? With all sorts of rumours abounding about Boston possibly adding a big name defenseman, or Washington adding a piece (possibly goaltending), other teams that think they need to push for the Cup this year might start adding pieces to help compete.
I don't think that the Rangers should trade at this time. They can't afford to let go any of their young talent for someone who will help them push for the Cup. Who would they let go? The Rangers are not going to win the cup this year. They should just work with what they have and reevaluate at the end of the season.

ETA: Have you noticed, Dolfan, that the Devils have won every afternoon game this season? A Reporter commented that they should schedule every one of their games to be played in the afternoon.

ETA: I thought that this was an interesting photo....not sure what it means...but interesting none the less.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 03-02-2009 at 10:08 AM
Old 03-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Master Fan

Burrows signs a new four year contract right before the game, and scores two awesome goals and gets a standing ovation from the fans. This from a guy who wasn't drafted, wasn't going to be on the team, and was almost off the team just a year and a half ago. What a day for him!

I hope the Canucks don't do anything tomorrow. We are the hottest team in the NHL right now with going 11-2 in our last 13 games.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The new and improved version of hockey's most-hated player came back to the NHL on Thursday night with a toned-down attitude and an understanding that he has to stay in control.
Let's hope that Sean Avery will be the Rangers' good luck charm. It was a good start tonight.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, but it was against the Islanders. Hee. Were you happy to get Prucha and Kalinin (sp?) out of New York? Especially for an actual good defenseman (although a potential rental one)?
Old 03-06-2009, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah, but it was against the Islanders. Hee
Well, they had to start somewhere!

Quote:
Were you happy to get Prucha and Kalinin (sp?) out of New York? Especially for an actual good defenseman (although a potential rental one)?
I'm not sure. Prucha wasn't given much of a shot and those two probably would not have been eventually signed by the Rangers at the end of the season. I really don't know if that defenseman is worth it. Time will tell.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 03-06-2009 at 08:47 AM
Old 03-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Has anyone been following the WBC (World Baseball Classic) ?

I just happened to be flipping channels. US edged out Canada 6-5'

The shocker was the The Netherlands upset Dominican Republic. That is incredible.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Just a great game by the Devils yesterday.

Terrell Owens signed with the Bills. He'll probably attack Edwards after two games. With that said, though, Miami will now have to face Owens, Evans, Moss and Welker four times a year. Oh joy.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread