Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2004, 12:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Ephram Kisses Amy...

...in S1-Epi8 "Til Death Do Us Part". Like many Season 1 episodes, it was memorable. Andy's anniversary is coming up. Ephram realizes it will be a tough time for Andy and feels bad when bad weather delays his return from a class field trip. During a vulnerable, alone moment together, Ephram kisses Amy who is flustered by it and removes herself, post-haste.

I don't remember Amy kissing Ephram.
-Aquillea
Aquillea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 01:26 AM
Administrator

Amy kissed Ephram in the Season One episode A Thanksgiving Tale, which was Episode 1.11. Here's the scene:

AMY: I've got it. Let's make an ungrateful book, I could put Colin, the accident, the Harts telling me he could recover better without me, my brother... You know, Ephram. This year it felt like I wasn't in control of anything and well, even though things aren't the way I want them to be, I'm still grateful for some things.

EPHRAM: You're gonna have to stop doing that.

AMY: Doing what?

EPHRAM: Saying things that make me want to kiss you.

AMY: You too.

[Ephram and Amy move in and kiss. Delia comes barging in.]

It doesn't sound all that good "on paper" in this post, but believe me, it was a mutual kiss.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

OMG, both of those scenes sound so incredibly awesome. Thanks alot, Aquillea and Jerry for answering me. I can't wait to do my season 1 marathon.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 04:17 AM
Elite Fan

I think that's all just proving my point: Amy needed a friend back then and didn't look for a new love interest. Even that last kiss scene you quoted is - IMO - just a matter of her seeking comfort in a bad time. And of course she felt guilty for it soon afterwards.

But let's not make this an E/A pro or con thread - I don't think that was the purpose of it anyway.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked Season 1, but I prefer Season 2 as I think some of the storylines were very good and I loved the finale
Just Peachy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I stayed up for hours last night reading the transcripts for season 1 episodes starting with episode 8-way through the end of season 1.. Just couldn't wait for my dvd. lol

Anyway, just want to say that Jerry, you are dead on whenever you say that you saw sparks between Ephram and Amy. Amy certainly had romantic feelings for Ephram. That much was demonstrated in her actions as well as her freaking out about the first kiss in episode 8. OMG, she reacted with intense frustration and we all know that when someone acts that emotional and flustered like that, it MEANS something. If Amy considered that kiss as just friendship, or only thought of Ephram as a friend, she wouldn't have freaked out about it and acted all mad at Ephram afterwards. It is so blatently obvious that she was ticked at Ephram for kissing her because SHE LIKED IT. But then her guilt set in about Colin and that is why she pushed Ephram away. She felt guilty over still being with Colin but also having feelings for Ephram. I know I hate comparisons but this totally reminds me of Dawson's Creek whenever Pacey kissed Joey for the first time in Stolen Kisses. She has the SAME reaction as Amy. She looked so ticked afterwards, was emotionally distraught over it, ended up getting super ticked at Pacey and trying to ditch him and avoid him. The very SAME reaction as Amy had with Ephram.

And the second kiss that E/A shared was ALL MUTUAL. You are so right Jerry, Amy wanted that kiss just as much as Ephram. She even tells him so! And who the hell knows how long that kiss would have gone on had Delia not barged in..

And then after that kiss, Amy retreated again and tried dissing Ephram..

I could go on and on about how strongly it indicates that Amy had romantic feelings for Ephram BIG TIME in season 1.. It is so obvious..

And the biggest fact that cannot be denied is she even tells her father that she has feelings for two guys. So, Amy admits it right there to her father that she has feelings for both Ephram and Colin.
Old 10-03-2004, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Great commentary, Michelle, and I completely agree with your assessment of Ephram and Amy in Season One, and Amy's “anger” towards Ephram in both those instances are very comparable to Joey’s “anger” at Pacey in Neverland, and we all know what eventually happened there! I agree that in both cases, Amy and Joey were “angry” at Ephram and Pacey because they liked the kiss, and because they had feelings for each respective guy.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks Jerry. Glad you agree. The one other thing I might add is I would bet a good wager that if Colin was not in the picture, E/A would have gotten together way back in season 1. The only reason for the long delay was Colin in season 1 and Amy's downward spiral in season 2, and of course E/M as well as Amy with that idiot guy, but I kinda feel like if Amy's downward spiral of depression would not have consumed her in 2, E/A would have gotten together much sooner in 2 because I doubt both of their romantic pairings would have occurred had the depression not existed. You can see this is true because the moment Amy gets her sense of well being back, is when things start to progress for E/A towards the end of season 2. Just like Amy says in the finale of 2, they always had such bad timing.. Just proof that the feelings were always there, but the timing certainly wasn't. Finally, they got the timing right.

Last edited by jediwands; 10-03-2004 at 05:37 PM
Old 10-04-2004, 04:29 PM
Elite Fan

Well, you all are making good points about Season 1, but I'm going to have to stick with my Season 2 stance for now. I'm picking up the season 1 DVDs this weekend though, so I may change my tune.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:40 PM
Ultimate Fan

Season 2. Might be because I'm a Jailbaiter, but I just wasn't as into the show during the first season. The stories weren't really centered around one character in Season 2, and I got to know the characters well as a result (despite the fact that I didn't know jack about the show when I started watching).