Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2004, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

Lisa's Sig

Hey Lisa. It's driving me nuts trying to figure out where I know your sig from. Oh, wait. Now, I remember. 10 Things I Hate About You. That's a great movie. I love the soundtrack.

Anyway, about Bright, why don't people comment on my slash fanfic?

Gaby
I made my icon.
Old 07-05-2004, 05:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

Re: Lisa's Sig

Quote:
Originally posted by Hard-Core GG Fan
Hey Lisa. It's driving me nuts trying to figure out where I know your sig from. Oh, wait. Now, I remember. 10 Things I Hate About You. That's a great movie. I love the soundtrack.

Anyway, about Bright, why don't people comment on my slash fanfic?

Gaby
Yeah, its from 10 Things, which is my all-time favorite movie. I didn't know you wrote fan fics, but I read them both and they're great. I especially love Brooke/Peyton.

Lisa
Old 07-05-2004, 06:17 PM
Master Fan

Joan Jett rocks too, she's the artist behind "Bad Reputation" that you hear in Kat's car at the beginning of the movie with the showdown.

Anyway, from FB, I bring some exciting Chris news that will hopefully liven up the thread.

1) Chris is single again!!
2) He landed a role on the big screen. The following is from Miss Windy who got it from Angie, Chris's big sis, apparently:
Quote:
Chris just got some big news on Tuesday!!! He just got a role on the Big Screen!!! "Strangers with Candy" starring Matthew Broderick, Sarah Jessica Parker, Susan Sarrandon and Amy Sedaris. He is absolutely thrilled!!!!!
www.chris-pratt.com is Miss Windy's site.

Gaby
I made my icon.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:26 AM
Passionate Fan

Yay, it's so nice to see this thread alive again!

Gaby, thanks for a link to that Chris site, it's really good! I especially love the LJ icons.... Oh, and didn't I tell you how good your fanfic is? *gasp* I'M SO SORRY!!! I read it shortly after you posted it in here, and I thought I came back and told you what a good job you did of it! Suppose I didn't. Forgive me?
Old 07-06-2004, 08:50 AM
Master Fan

I forgive. Off to the Patriots..

Gaby
I made my icon.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:48 PM
Ultimate Fan

One of the big reasons I love 10 Things is because of the music. I purchased the soundtrack a few years back, but still listen to it quite a bit.

Wow, that is exciting news for Chris. There's some big names in that movie and I know Chris will be amazing in it as well.

Lisa
Old 07-08-2004, 04:41 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hey ya'll,
I saw an article about Chirs over at tvguide.com that I thought I'd share here

Quote:
Everwood's "Bright" Idea
by Ben Katner

Do you know who Chris Pratt is? If not, you're about to, and not because of this silly little article, either. In the last few weeks, the Everwood second banana — he plays Gregory Smith's tragically nicknamed bud, Bright — was invited to be a panelist on VH1's I Love the '90s, earned high marks as part of Biography Channel's Class of '05, and got singled out as a hot new star by some magazine called TV Guide. In the next few weeks, he will wrap work on Comedy Central's Strangers with Candy movie, compete for a Teen Choice Award and return to the Everwood set. Somewhere in between, we imagine he'll also write a novel, cure cancer and run for president.

"I'm really flattered by all the attention," he tells TV Guide Online in what we must assume is a rare free moment. "I never thought when I auditioned three years ago for another WB pilot [the ill-fated My Guide to Becoming a Rock Star] that it would turn out to be such a great kick-start for my career. But I'm so grateful and dumbfounded and happy and all that mixed into one big, sloppy burrito. [The recognition] is just the next step, you know?"

Actually, the next next step for the 25-year-old Minnesota native is a more active role on WB's squeaky-clean prime-time soap, where Bright has been more of a sounding board than a noisemaker. "I think what they're aiming at is maybe giving Bright a girlfriend," he hints, adding in character, "I'm out of high school now, and a lot of the story takes place in high school, so luckily, I'm not going to college 'cause I don't think there's a college in Everwood." Whatever his bosses have in mind, Pratt is down with it. "They're just trying to find some way to keep Bright in Everwood, which I'm really grateful for, because it means I have a job for another year."

If the actor's prediction comes true and Bright does manage to score a date, 12 months from now he may be competing for a very different Teen Choice Award. Instead of vying for the Best Sidekick prize, he could go for "Best On-Screen Teen Groping," he suggests with a laugh. "That'd be nice! Actually, when I heard about [my nod], I was like, 'Whoa, that's really weird!' Aside from Most Inspirational in track in seventh grade, I haven't really won that many awards. So to be nominated for one, especially with cool guys like Sean Hayes and Wilmer Valderrama from That '70s Show, was really special. I guess there's a chance I could win, but I probably won't." In which case, he'll still celebrate his good fortune, ego intact. "I was a door-to-door salesman for two years, so I developed a pretty thick skin."

I loved "10 Things..." too
Old 07-08-2004, 05:23 PM
Master Fan

I don't think we can believe Chris' comment that they're looking for someone for him. He's been saying this for the past two years.

But I'm happy for the news on him.

Gaby
I made my icon.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Well, maybe they will, you never know. I think they should, anyway. But great article, thanks for posting it, Miss C!
Old 07-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Ultimate Fan

They have to give Bright a girlfriend this season. They're wasting so much great potential. He needs to be more than Ephram's side kick.

Lisa
Old 07-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

OK, I know this is OT but here's a link to the Joan Jett and the Blackhearts thread that I started: http://www.fanforum.com/forums/showt...threadid=17533

Maybe next thread should be called 'Cause he gets us motivated to do Track. Or maybe not. But that's a reason nonetheless.

Gaby
I made my icon.
Old 07-10-2004, 07:25 PM
Passionate Fan

Cute, Gaby!
Old 07-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hey y'all,
I hope everyone's great. Lisa, I don't know how I could have neglected to compliment you on the gorgeous art and avatars. Great job, as usual. Definitely snagging

Glad to see our thread up and running again. Talk to you all soon.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:15 PM
New Fan

Hey all, I'm Andrea, webmistress from Chris-Pratt.com . I got this link from the fabulous Gaby! Glad y'all like my icons. LOL

Some Chris updates: He just wrapped up work on Strangers With Candy, which is such a huge thing for him - it's a huge project, and it's his first motion picture, and his publicist says he has a LEAD role. The only way is up, y'all. =)
Did anyone manage to catch him on I Love the 90s last night? Any screencaps or video clips would be really appreciated.

Despite Chris P. saying otherwise (for the third year in a row LOL) I do NOT think Bright will get a serious girlfriend this season, but I do think he'll be dealing with a lot of growing pains this season - he's making up a new life plan as he goes along now that he's not going to college. I predict that the Abbotts will get totally sick of him being glued to their couch in four episodes max, and he'll eventually get his own happy little bachelor pad, where Ephram will go and whine and bunk out whenever he's got a problem.

And my user name comes from this hilarious Chris P. quote about fame:
Quote:
But I'm so grateful and dumbfounded and happy and all that mixed into one big, sloppy burrito.
I love that man.

I've got tons of mostly Bright-centric fanfic too, if y'all want the links. I can't tell y'all how great it is to finally find y'all. =)
Old 07-13-2004, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

Hey Andrea. Glad to see you found your way over here. Welcome.

And, unfortunately, I did not catch him last night. I meant to but then I had to write about the day I was born. In any event, I couldn't make screencaps. Sorry.

Gaby
I made my icon.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread