Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Elite Fan

Life, Unexpected

Didn't get to watch the episode yet.

Chuck

Liked this episode a lot. The Buy More stuff still continues to be a little extraneous, but it was fun to see Casey and Morgan interact, and Casey brainwashing Lester was hilarious.

I'm still liking Shaw. I like that he pushed Chuck to do stuff on his own instead of constantly relying on Sarah and Casey, and seeing Chuck's inept methods definitely made for some funny moments. Not sure what to think about Hannah though. Maybe it's just past history of the show, but I'm expecting her to be an undercover Ring operative or maybe even a CIA agent. Oh, and Chuck continues to be quite the babe magnet.

Well, I was mistaken. Renee just cut the guy's thumb off, not his whole hand, but it's still awesome. This episode was a bit quiet by 24 standards, mostly set-up. We did get one more body, but it was a simple execution by the bad guy, so it doesn't count.

Castle

Great episode. I agree that the Castle/Beckett relationship definitely has the same flavor as the Booth/Bones dynamic at its best. I've also noticed a bit of a pattern. If someone's in-laws are part of the identification of the body, there's a good chance that they are the one who killed the victim.

Greek

I only got to watch a few scenes, but it looked like a really good episode, and Cappie and Casey didn't break up in the first episode like I was afraid of, so all in all I'm happy.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:41 AM
Master Fan

Life Unexpected

Commuting downtown everyday has given me a new appreciation for how beautiful Vancouver is, but it's still nothing compared to how it looks on TV. Lots of pretty shots on last night's ep that didn't include sets with graffiti, heh.

Chuck

Agreed on the still liking Shaw, Alan. I still really enjoy him switching up the dynamic a bit. Chuck going on a mission on his own and pretty much succeeding with minimal help (hey, he's not going to be perfect the first time) was nice to see. Should be a confidence booster.

I haven't seen much Smallville, but all I hear is how Kristen Kreuk is not a good actress and I don't doubt that for a second, but she was good here, I thought. I was surprised that she wasn't revealed as a baddie within the episode, hee, so I give a little credit there, but it would nice to see Chuck get someone nice that genuinely likes him for a while if Sarah is going to get Shaw for a little while too. Especially because Hannah was, indeed, a babe. It would just be nice if she was really into him, because the only time he actually seemed to connect with her was when he was himself, and that's the same when he's with Sarah. When he tries to be suave and cool, he fumbles, but he's a charming guy in his own right.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
Old 01-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Elite Fan

I've never thought that Kreuk was a bad actress. I think most of that stems from 90% of fans hating her character. She isn't the best actress out there, but she's not that bad either.

Another Chuck fun fact, Yvonne's voice appears in the game Mass Effect 2, which came out yesterday.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tos (View Post)
Life Unexpected

Commuting downtown everyday has given me a new appreciation for how beautiful Vancouver is, but it's still nothing compared to how it looks on TV. Lots of pretty shots on last night's ep that didn't include sets with graffiti, heh.

Chuck

Agreed on the still liking Shaw, Alan. I still really enjoy him switching up the dynamic a bit. Chuck going on a mission on his own and pretty much succeeding with minimal help (hey, he's not going to be perfect the first time) was nice to see. Should be a confidence booster.

I haven't seen much Smallville, but all I hear is how Kristen Kreuk is not a good actress and I don't doubt that for a second, but she was good here, I thought. I was surprised that she wasn't revealed as a baddie within the episode, hee, so I give a little credit there, but it would nice to see Chuck get someone nice that genuinely likes him for a while if Sarah is going to get Shaw for a little while too. Especially because Hannah was, indeed, a babe. It would just be nice if she was really into him, because the only time he actually seemed to connect with her was when he was himself, and that's the same when he's with Sarah. When he tries to be suave and cool, he fumbles, but he's a charming guy in his own right.
I've been to Vancouver a few times and it really is a gorgeous city. The whole area. Stanley Park and everything. I loved going there. Have to get back there again someday.

I agree with Alan on Kristen Kreuk. I didn't see Chuck, but I never thought she was a bad actress. An average one I guess.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Old 01-27-2010, 04:12 PM
Elite Fan

Of course she never had to be more than average on Smallville. No one did.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I recorded both Life Unexpected and Chuck. 'Tos I didn't realize that Life Unexpected was filmed in Vancouver. That gives me added incentive to watch.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Of course she never had to be more than average on Smallville. No one did.
Lol. I thought John Glover was pretty darn good.

Last edited by Barrybgb; 01-28-2010 at 11:16 AM
Old 01-28-2010, 12:13 AM
Master Fan

Psych

Really, really not a fan of tonight's midseason return episode. Just not much in the way of funny, and too much John Cena, and I'm all about the goofy fun here, not big action sequences.

But on the bright side, my disappointment in the new one has finally inspired me to pop in one of my new DVDs! Season 2 -- I just put on "Meat Is Murder, But Murder Is Also Murder," because I've only seen that one once, back when it first ran, and remember enjoying it quite a bit. And it's also awesome to recognize the parking lot of the White Rock Museum and Archives right off the bat. (Even if how they transform the museum itself into the exterior of Psych will forever remain a mystery.)

ETA: Oh! There's a scene about two-thirds into the episode in which the office actually does look exactly like the museum (well, except in spring/summer instead of October, heh), and now my world finally makes sense. Hurrah! Also, I had forgotten that this was the episode which gave us the immortal "Don't be such a gloomy you, Gus." Heee. And there's one scene at the very end in which you can plainly see the "White Rock Museum and Archives" sign on the side of the building.

Last edited by Thief Of Love; 01-28-2010 at 12:49 AM
Old 01-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

The Vampire Diaries

Another fun, interesting, solid episode. The show has really been good. The surprises have been interesting and the new characters are tied in nicely. I like it, but I am kind of disappointed that everyone seems to be a vampire. Can't someone be normal?. Especially for Jeremy?. Lol. I really enjoyed this one.

Supernatural

I guess I have to pay more attention to the Sarah Drew thread because I had no idea she was going to be on. She did a good job. It was another stand alone, which is fine with me, and I liked it. It was better than last week. Pretty funny too. Jared did a good job. I especially liked the line where Dean and Sam were described as "A leather jacket and a sasquatch". Lol. Next week looks good.

Life Unexpected

I showed my mom the second episode and she is definitley in love with the show. I liked the ep more the second time around. She then got scared and asked me how the ratings were. Lol. She likes some shows and then they get pulled. I told her to enjoy it but remain cautious. The CW sure is promoting it. During last night's 2 hour block, there must have been 5 or 6 promos for it. Here are the final ratings for LU :

Life Unexpected
-2.166 million viewers
-1.4/2 HH
-1.1/3 A18-49
-1.3/4 A18-34
-1.9/5 W18-34

The CW is interested in pilots for a remake to La Femme Nikita(because their remakes have worked so well!) and a new show from none other than Amy Sherman-Palladino, a family soap opera on a horse farm.

Last edited by Barrybgb; 01-29-2010 at 10:56 AM
Old 01-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

Life Unexpected

I think that they'll keep it for next season. They need critical acclaim, heh, and also I hear it's repeating really well for a CW show?

Edge of Darkness

Anyone going to see this? It's the new Mel Gibson movie. I think I probably will. I still like Mel, even if he is a crazy drunk, heh. He can still act.

Lost

I completely lose track of time, and we're now only a few days away from the final season!

Psych

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych
Oh! There's a scene about two-thirds into the episode in which the office actually does look exactly like the museum (well, except in spring/summer instead of October, heh), and now my world finally makes sense. Hurrah! Also, I had forgotten that this was the episode which gave us the immortal "Don't be such a gloomy you, Gus." Heee. And there's one scene at the very end in which you can plainly see the "White Rock Museum and Archives" sign on the side of the building.
Yay yay yay! Finally, hee. Take a screen shot for me of how it looks like the museum and the sign if you can, hee.

Too bad about the new episode. There was also a pro wrestler on Chuck the other night. And you'll be very proud of me for NOT watching the wrestling show that Gus was on. I heard it was pretty awful, though.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
Old 01-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Quote:
Life Unexpected

I think that they'll keep it for next season. They need critical acclaim, heh, and also I hear it's repeating really well for a CW show?

Edge of Darkness

Anyone going to see this? It's the new Mel Gibson movie. I think I probably will. I still like Mel, even if he is a crazy drunk, heh. He can still act.

Lost

I completely lose track of time, and we're now only a few days away from the final season!

Psych

Yay yay yay! Finally, hee. Take a screen shot for me of how it looks like the museum and the sign if you can, hee.

Too bad about the new episode. There was also a pro wrestler on Chuck the other night. And you'll be very proud of me for NOT watching the wrestling show that Gus was on. I heard it was pretty awful, though.
I hope they keep LU. CW can certainly use more critical acclaim!. Lol.

Edge Of Darkness

I would like to see this. I have been hearing nothing but good things about it so far. Real good reviews. Many saying this is classic Gibson and is definitley one of his best roles. Regardless of his personal life and what people may think of him, I have always liked Mel Gibson as a movie star and I enjoy seeing him in movies. Apparently, he has a number of them lined up right now.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:06 PM
Elite Fan

Dollhouse

Well, I guess it wouldn't be a Whedon finale without some angst and the death of one of my favorite characters...but overall I thought it was a very good finale for a show that never really found it's audience.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Life Unexpected

I watched the episode tonight. Like your mom. Barry, I'm hooked. I liked everything about it.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Life Unexpected

I watched the episode tonight. Like your mom. Barry, I'm hooked. I liked everything about it.
Another viewer! And another Everwood fan liking the show. I just knew that you would enjoy it, Betty! It's so refreshing to have something like this on TV again.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Another viewer! And another Everwood fan liking the show. I just knew that you would enjoy it, Betty! It's so refreshing to have something like this on TV again.
The only thing about the show that I'm wondering about is that is was all buttoned up and tidy at the end of the episode. Where is the conflict and angst going to come from?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread