Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2017, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I agree . I personally did not find the Pilot scary at all. And it's not like I am the one to watch horror movies or the likes. Maybe there are one/two scenes that have more suspense, but it's not in the scary way of things.
Okay, will be interested to see if you find the upcoming episodes scary or not.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Okay, will be interested to see if you find the upcoming episodes scary or not.
So you think that it gets scarier ? Sure I will let you know how I find the second episode that I will most probably watch this weekend because I am sick currently and sleepy. Not to mention that I decided to learn yet another programming language so I use my free time to do some online tutorials and read a book about it.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
So you think that it gets scarier ? Sure I will let you know how I find the second episode that I will most probably watch this weekend because I am sick currently and sleepy. Not to mention that I decided to learn yet another programming language so I use my free time to do some online tutorials and read a book about it.
Compared to the pilot it does, but I still didn't find it that scary. What programming language are you learning now?
Old 11-27-2017, 11:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Compared to the pilot it does, but I still didn't find it that scary. What programming language are you learning now?
Ah I see. Yeah I will let you know once I watched the second episode.

Btw do you guys feel that this show reminds you a bit of Twin Peaks? I don't know why but there are certain elements of the show that remind me of that.

I am learning now Python. I am Software Developer that works with Java on daily basis at work, but I have huge interest in molecular biology and organic chemistry so I want to try something in the bioinformatics area and languages like Python and R are commonly used there.

Do you know some programming languages?
Old 11-27-2017, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Ah I see. Yeah I will let you know once I watched the second episode.

Btw do you guys feel that this show reminds you a bit of Twin Peaks? I don't know why but there are certain elements of the show that remind me of that.

I am learning now Python. I am Software Developer that works with Java on daily basis at work, but I have huge interest in molecular biology and organic chemistry so I want to try something in the bioinformatics area and languages like Python and R are commonly used there.

Do you know some programming languages?
Yeah, I can see how similarities to Twin Peaks, but I can't really 100& say what they are off the top of my head. Okay cool and I don't really know any programming languages lol.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I personally didn't that scary
Cool!

Betty can find stuff a little scary so I rather be overprotective instead of setting her up for nightmares.

Last edited by jediwands; 11-28-2017 at 12:06 AM
Old 11-27-2017, 11:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I can see how similarities to Twin Peaks, but I can't really 100& say what they are off the top of my head. Okay cool and I don't really know any programming languages lol.
I don't think that the similarities are 100 % clear you know. It's more subtle. Like the way they are dressed, the music, the directing strategy. It's in the subtle things.

But then again I watched Twin Peaks when I was 10 years old so it was a long time ago. Twin Peaks however was scarier for me. Not sure if it was the topic itself or the fact that I was a lot younger back then.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I’ve actually never seen Twin Peaks so I don’t have a proper answer.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
It's a weird series . Though you might like it. I don't know. It was definitely something unique at the time it started.

Here is a short synopsis:

Quote:
Twin Peaks is an American mystery drama television series created by Mark Frost and David Lynch that premiered on April 8, 1990, on ABC. It was one of the top-rated series of 1990, but declining ratings led to its cancellation after its second season in 1991. It nonetheless gained a cult following and has been referenced in a wide variety of media.In subsequent years, Twin Peaks has often been listed among the greatest television series of all time.

The series follows an investigation headed by FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper (Kyle MacLachlan) into the murder of homecoming queen Laura Palmer (Sheryl Lee) in the fictional town of Twin Peaks, Washington. The narrative draws on elements of crime drama, but its uncanny tone, supernatural elements, and campy, melodramatic portrayal of eccentric characters also draw on American soap opera and horror tropes.Like much of Lynch's work, it is distinguished by surrealism and offbeat humor, as well as distinctive cinematography. The show's acclaimed score was composed by Angelo Badalamenti in collaboration with Lynch.

Twin Peaks was followed by a 1992 feature film, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me, that serves as a prequel to the television series. In October 2014, Showtime announced that the show would return as a limited series. Also known as Twin Peaks: The Return, the limited series premiered on May 21, 2017, and was written by Lynch and Frost and directed by Lynch. Many original cast members, including MacLachlan, returned.
It's a weird mix of sci-fi, spiritual elements and crime investigation. But not in the X files sense because in this series you have continuation. You don't have different plot every episode. It starts with Laura Palmer's murder and btw the scene where they find her body is so realistic and I think that by the end of the first season you kind of know who killed her. Kind of because there is a twist and it's also a bit sick.

This is the trailer:

I think that that this show did not have the right time. Nowadays this would be a hit, but back then people were not ready to watch show like that. It's still weird though and I have to admit that now I would find it harder to watch it compared to back then. Most probably because of the change in the way we are doing series and movies now.

Nevertheless the story was different compared to what we have seen and it's still different compared to what we see now.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Cool!

Betty can find stuff a little scary so I rather be overprotective instead of setting her up for nightmares.
Okay haha
Old 11-28-2017, 01:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I don't think that the similarities are 100 % clear you know. It's more subtle. Like the way they are dressed, the music, the directing strategy. It's in the subtle things.

But then again I watched Twin Peaks when I was 10 years old so it was a long time ago. Twin Peaks however was scarier for me. Not sure if it was the topic itself or the fact that I was a lot younger back then.
True, they are probably some Twin Peaks influence on the show and all.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I'm surprised you haven't watched it haha, you really need to.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
True, they are probably some Twin Peaks influence on the show and all.
. When did you watch Twin Peaks and did you like the series?
Old 11-28-2017, 01:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
. When did you watch Twin Peaks and did you like the series?
I watched it earlier this year and I really enjoyed the series & the revival.
Old 11-28-2017, 03:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I watched it earlier this year and I really enjoyed the series & the revival.
Ah so it's more recent for you. I have not watched the revival, but I watched the series when it was still new. I watched it with my parents. Back then I was in 3th/4th grade or something like that and trust me Bob was impressive .