Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2024, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

OT2 #194: Life After Everwood: Other Addictions (Comics, TV Shows, Movies, Music)

Welcome to OT2 Thread #194

This is the Second OT Thread. This thread is about discussing shows, movies, comics, and music. Bring over your thoughts!

This Thread is dedicated to the late Alan/The Crow.

Shows Current Everwood Members Watch:

Michelle:
Felicity, Nancy Drew, Outer Banks, Stranger Things

Betty:
Blue Bloods, The Blacklist, Graham Norton Show, The Resident, The Marvelous Mrs.
Maisel, 911 Lone Star, Cobra Kai, Abbott Elementary

Alan (The Crow):
Lucifer, Supergirl, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Flash, Arrow, The 100, Superstore, MacGyver, Hawaii Five-0, The Good Witch, Chesapeake Shores, Wynonna Earp, Riverdale, The Haunting of Hill House

Shu/ds44:
All-American, All American Homecoming, Cobra Kai, General Hospital, Manifest, Cable Girls, Felicity Rewatch, The Gilded Age

Sam/stlavin95:
Doctor Who, Shameless, the Walking Dead, the Deuce, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Mayans MC, The Flash, The Gifted, This is Us, American Horror Story, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Mr Mercedes, Supernatural, the Good Place, Titans,
Ray Donovan, iZombie, Daredevil, Black Lightning, Agents of Shield, Iron Fist, the 100, Runways, Cloak & Dagger,
Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Lucifer, Brooklyn 99

Alexa:
Abbot Elementary, Alias rewatch, Alone, Amazing Race, Big Brother Canada, Felicity Rewatch, Gossip Girl HBO, Grey's Anatomy, How to Get Away with Murder Rewatch, My Life With the Walter Boys, Lucifer, Masterchef Jr, Modern Family, Project Runway, Skam, So You Think You Can Dance, Spring Baking, Survivor, The Walking Dead Spin offs.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-09-2024 at 08:41 AM
Old 03-21-2024, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

2nd to Last page of posts from previous thread

Last page of posts from previous thread
Old 03-21-2024, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread
Old 03-21-2024, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Welcome.
Old 03-21-2024, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Felicity 1.21 The Force

I remember seeing Meghan with the Astrology book earlier in the season hoping she read cards too. Confirmed in this episode Meghan READS TAROT. Oh man, I love her. LOL. I also need to track down the deck she used. I own about 40 decks. LOL. Need to get that one. They had to consult a tarot reader for help with this episode. It’s very accurate. I read Intuitively so don’t pay much attention to traditional meanings and it’s clear the episode focused on more traditional tarot card meanings, making it seem a bit more beginner-like. But I love it! I knew The Pilot had a super spiritual tone and honestly never bought Felicity was just obsessed or crazy liking Ben so much she followed him across the country. Sure, when you look at her human behavior and focus on it, yes, that’s the appearance. But figuring out the true motivation and driving force… it’s deeper than that. This episode confirms there’s a spiritual magic to their love story that has existed from day 1. As mentioned, they’re going to be messy as hell from the jump until they finally get it right. That’s the beauty of their connection. Messy but it will turn into something really beautiful.

More complete thoughts later!
Old 03-21-2024, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Old 03-21-2024, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

THAT SCENE WAS SO CUTEEEEE!!!!!

The thing with noel/felicity was that they were just never happy together. They got together and were barely together 2/3 eps before they had issues.

I don't hate Sean, I just find him boring and his whole storyline with trying to invent something just bores me to tears lol. I would prob. like him more if he did other things and felt more genuine. He comes off so fake to me.

Michelle, you can update my current shows im watching:

Abbot Elementary, Alias rewatch, Alone, Amazing Race, Big Brother Canada, Felicity Rewatch, Gossip Girl HBO, Grey's Anatomy, How to Get Away with Murder Rewatch, My Life With the Walter Boys, Lucifer, Masterchef Jr, Modern Family, Project Runway, Skam, So You Think You Can Dance, Spring Baking, Survivor, The Walking Dead Spin offs.

Well, since you are planning to watch soon I'll post my 21/22 thoughts now!

Last edited by Alexa; 03-22-2024 at 12:20 AM
Old 03-22-2024, 12:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

FELICITY 1x21:

MEGAN IS SO WEIRD!!! But, funny. AND OKAY YES MEGAN giving Felicity a love spell lol.

Wow @ Lynne's girlfriend just FULL ON going after Ben. Don't blame her but like, really? She seemed nice at first. But this was just too much. BEN RESIST! (him smiling after she kissed him was kinda crappy!)

Ben was being super rude to Julie for no reason, but I guess he's just tired of her. They just don't mesh at all. Don't blame Julie for being upset with Ben about what happened and him sorta breaking up with her for no real good reason. But they are clearly not having fun or meshing together, so I am surprised she was that hurt about it. Frankly, they should have been casual from the start.

I loved seeing Ben turn to Felicity for the entire episode. Loved all their talks in this episode. (The gifs above where he said "I thought you could read my mind?" was so cute, flirty, and charming.) Also glad he took Felicity's advice and got his mom to help him out with money issues.

The Ben and felicity moment in the storange room felt a bit fast to me. Don't get me wrong, i love them and I do think we got some subtle build up before this but I think a few more eps of them really laughing together and connecting as friends at work would have been a bit better. And almost kiss felt fast to me personally.

With that said, I still am SO SO SO happy the b/f romance storyline is finally starting!

1x22:

THESE THOUGHTS WILL SLIGHTLY CHAOTIC. SORRY! I WAS FEELING A LOT WHILE WATCHING!

OTHER THOUGHTS:
-Sad we haven’t seen the counselor much this year! Missed his slight wisdom.
-Elena and her affair girl no!!! Don't like this SL. Makes me feel icky.
-The marching band music during the B/F scenes will be embedded in my brain forever. Odd choice but kinda cute.
-BEN LOOKS SO GOOD WITH HIS SHORT HAIR. OMG SS is so cute.
-YES ELENAAAAAA!!! TELLING HER TO GO WITH BEN I LOVE IT! So now Elena and Megan are shippers haha. And Felicity's mom.
-Julie overhearing OMG that is SO bad !!!!! I totally understand why Julie is pissed. Felicity shouldn’t even try. Don't really blame Julie for telling Noel either… I'd do the same thing!
-Don't really blame Noel for being upset either. Felicity has made it pretty obvious that she doesn't care about him in the same way and it keeps going back to Ben. I also didn't understand Noel's letter. It felt unrealistic and OOC to me that he would still ask her to come.
-But, after all that, if I were Felicity, I would be like f them and just go with Ben anyways lol!!!
-The Megan/Felicity scene was nice. She wrote Felicty wouldnt make it but she did! aww. I think that was Megan's way of being supportive??? Lol.

BEN AND FELICITY:
(apologies for the squealing and overall lack of organization here. OMG I WAS SMILING LIKE AN IDIOT THE WHOLE EP)

SO HAPPY TO HAVE FOCUS ON BEN AND FELICITY this episode, it just made everything so much better. It was def. one of my favorite eps this season.

I couldn't help but think what the hell she would say to Noel and Julie the whole time though???? Like, I don't blame her for being so torn because she doesn't want to hurt these people she cares about. But... IT'S BEN!

The lighting in the B/F room scene was dark but nice. Also I love their banter so much. Scott Speedman is just so cute and charming the way he looks at her and talks to her and smiles… I would cave instantly. He seems to really like her. Like we haven't seen him this smitten. He was not like this with Julie.

Felicity is right… Ben is doing the same thing with Julie/Felicity that he was upset about with Lynne's ex.. HOWEVER, he is also right that they broke up... At least he took that step towards what he wanted!

Ben kissing her was supposed to help but it made it worse! You can tell they both really felt something afterwards. Not my fav first kiss ever but still cute.

“I've wanted to do that for a long time.” sdfdsfsdfsd LONG??? HOW LONG.

What is Felicity thinking though??? Noel would be SO upset. Julie too... She is right to walk away, This is such a mess.

Ben would be so hard to resist tho! Him asking her to go with him and then saying he didn't care if it was platonic ???? But then saying he just wants to go? awwww sdfdsfdsfsdfsd. Telling her to sit and then lay down. He is so cute !!!! The room scene was SO GOOD!

Her wearing the necklace again awwww. And he noticed. Plus the little smiles between them. <3 Andddddd, he’d still want her to come with him even if she was the devil? lol. Gosh, he realized he likes her and is all in!!!

THIS SPEECH!!!!
“I like you, I can't help it. You’re crazy and you analyze everything and that kinda scared me at first but idk you’re really smart about things and you’ve been a good friend to me. And I really like you.” Sdfdsfdsfdsfdsfsdfsdfsd

OMG I WOULD DIE.

Ben left and then came back. “You didn't come back for me.” “Yeah I did” sdfsdfdsfdsfsdfdsf HE IS THE ONE!!! GO WITH HIM!!! (GOD IF I HAD TO WATCH THIS LIVE I WOULD HAVE LOST MY MIND) She didn't have to make a decision but she did. <3

The writing on the dorm wall was super sweet too!

Also, I watched the ep again with the commentary and it was cute but nothing super exciting imo. It did seem like they really wanted things to come back around to B/F though, which was very cute.
Old 03-22-2024, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Also I thought I would do this because I did it for GG years ago. Thought it would be fun. Feel free to fill it out too if you want!

Season 1
Favorite/Least Favorite Character

Favorite this season was definitely Ben. He is just so charming and cute. After that Felicity cuz shes sorta relatable, and then Elena. Elena is amazing. Love how blunt she is. Shes hilarious. 4th fav is def. Javier, loved him so much. I also liked Noel in the first half. Lynne was a great character too. Richard was also funny, and Meghan.

Least favorite was def. Julie for me. Something about her just feels so draggy and like shes always in a sour mood. I can't warm to her at all. I also really disliked Noel in parts this time around which is a shame. Not a big of Sean's either.

Favorite/Least favorite couple

Fav was BY FAR Ben and Felicity. No one compares to them at all. They are so cute, so sweet, their chemistry is so nice. They really mesh and Felicity makes Ben feel good about himself. I dont think I really shipped anything else but I liked the idea of Noel/Elena for a while. Also MAYBE sean/julie.

Least favorite was Julie and Ben. They just do not work and I hated watching them together. Julie/zach also gross for obvious reasons. Noel/Felicity were okay, had sweet moments but this time around i disliked them more than I liked them. Mostly i just found them boring with more platonic chemistry. I also disliked Blair/Elena after finding out he cheated. And Elena's affair with her teacher.

Fav/Least fav friendships

Fav was def. Elena/Felicity. Also loved Javier/Ben and Javier/Felicity. Also Meghan/Felicity was hilarious. Elena/Noel had some fun moments too.

No least favorite I guess but Julie/Felicity just always felt forced to me somehow.

Favorite/least fav Storyline Arc:

Favorite was def. BEN/FELICITY of course but other than that I think the holiday eps, the group moments, and the stuff with her parents and going to college all worked very well this season. The rape storyline was also really well done. Also liked Ben swimming. Or the robbing storyline. Meghan's side plots too. Gosh, there was a lot of good storylines. Richard too. And Javier lol.

Least favorite was prob. Ben's money storyline. I also didnt care for Julie's plot with the mom even if it was deep for her. I didnt love Sean's whole thing with his inventions, I found that boring.

Favorite/Least fav Episode

Favorites were 122 the finale and 110 the Christmas/studying ep. Also strong eps were 105, 101, 109, 121 (halloween, thanksgiving, the pilot and the pre-finale ep)

Least favs were 120, 118, 114, 111.. anything heavy on noel/felicity tbh.

Most shocking moment? Saddest moment?

Most shocking was the robbery or rape storylines. Didn't anticipate the show going there. Saddest, I'm not sure. I felt bad for Ben with his money issues. Felt bad for Felicity when Noel went off with Hannah, and Elena with the blair issues. Obviously the rape was very sad too.

What were you disappointed with? what would you change/have done differently?

Too much noel/felicity in the mid half and not enough ben/felicity. Would have liked more b/f scenes and build up in the second half. also wish julie/ben were just friends, it just didn't work.

What storyline/relationship/character/etc. would you have liked more development for?

More Javier! More development for Meghan imo. Also Ben even.

What do you want to see happen in season?

If I didn't know what happened I would have said:
-Felicity picking Ben and going with him, seeing their roadtrip together.
-Noel/Felicity putting closure on their relationship.
-More Meghan.
-Javier returning.
-Less julie and sean lol.

How does this season compare to previous seasons?

I will rank all the seasons as we go. Season 1 was a super strong first season for the show! loved it. Only thing I would change is more B/F and less n/f and j/b lol.
Season 1- 9/10

Last edited by Alexa; 03-22-2024 at 12:32 AM
Old 03-22-2024, 12:25 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
Old 03-22-2024, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Welcome!
Old 03-22-2024, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Swamped with work this morning. Two meetings and it’s only 11! Thankfully they’re done because MARCH MADNESS Day 2 begins! LOL. Starts at 11 AM and can go until midnight tonight! One of the best times of the year in sports and have a bracket going. LOL.

I’ll get 1.21 fully completed and all of 1.22 as well tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

Alexa, your thoughts! Will respond once I watch!

Updating your shows now!
Old 03-22-2024, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Can you update my thing n the op with

All-American, All American Homecoming, Cobra Kai, General Hospital, Manifest, Cable Girls, Felicity Rewatch, The Gilded Age
Old 03-22-2024, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Can you update my thing n the op with

Done!
Old 03-22-2024, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Closed Thread   Post New Thread